Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Vox Nihili posted:

It's pretty common for polls to be a few days old at release. For whatever reason a couple have been released really late recently.

probably along the lines of that "we discard outliers" reveal

they were probably waiting to confirm that everyone else saw a bernie bump before releasing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/LucianaLamb/status/1223588396599336963?s=20

if you don't think the rashida tlaib thing is only making centrists look bad you're not paying attention

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Falstaff posted:

Really doesn't take much for these people to take their masks off, does it?

https://twitter.com/dunkrug/status/1223922846411313152

jesus gently caress :eyepop:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

ratbert90 posted:

Just a heads up: There are quite a few European goons that follow these threads and due to GDPR any Sinclair owned local news website is blocked.

It’s appreciated when the article is copy and pasted. I am in Europe for the next week and I have missed a few articles because of this.

use outline.com

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nairbo posted:

Regina isn’t done yet folks. Sorry for the slight derail but just a reminder the AFL CIO endorsed her. I thought maybe she’d wake up sober but nope, she’s piling on with more racism and outright craziness. Check her replies timeline if you want to experience what ‘Tweeting through it’ is

https://twitter.com/marston4ca42/status/1223999273529794566?s=21

She’s since deleted it but after getting called out on calling a woman of colour ‘girl’ she proceeds to call black men ‘boy’ on Twitter too and suggesting there’s nothing wrong with it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/tomwatson/status/1224005408953708551?s=20

with warren supplicants tweeting poo poo like this, I am not super worried warren is gonna perform well in Iowa

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Dietrich posted:

Just a gentle reminder to everyone that one of the tactics used by Trump and Russia in the 2016 election was to stir up animosity towards the DNC by pushing and supporting the narrative that the DNC cheated to get Hilary the nomination. They want voters to stay home in protest rather than unite behind the eventual candidate. While it's fine to be concerned about the fuckup in Iowa, let's not sink to conspiracy theories and help the kleptocrats keep the bullshit rolling in 2020.

Please take russiagate conspiracy nonsense to the conspiracy thread where it belongs

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i like how an almost certain bernie win in iowa is getting spun as a loss now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Harry Privates posted:

How does that rat dick taste?

calibanibal is a gimmick poster. you fell for his gimmick

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

nelson posted:

I don’t care if someone is Bernie or Bust as long as they actually vote and vote specifically down ticket.

This is a census year. Redistricting in many areas could determine house and state legislative majorities for a good part of this decade.

this isn't the thread to care about that poo poo. mainepaineframe already told people to cut this chatter out

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yang's number was right the first time

somehow they went back and hosed up his totals :lol:

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1225167351617712128/photo/1

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

amazing how the shitlibs were either untouched or benefited from the oopsie in the first reporting, while bernie and warren (who's leftist as far as centrists are concerned) were downgraded to barely beating pete and being beaten by biden

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Wouldn’t this be the second recanvas?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Lol wait a sec, not sure if I'm hearing Bernie right, do SDEs actually have nothing to do with the state delegates? Thats amazing, glad the media is so dead-set on reporting only those numbers.

the media's reporting those numbers cause it's the only metric by which pete "won" iowa

he lost the first vote
he lost the second vote
he tied on delegates

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

loving post the last 3% iowa so i can post bernie generation

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

perez is such a weak DNC leader that the IDP feels fine telling him to gently caress off despite their massive fuckups this week

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

the next time someone waddles into the thread saying they have special knowledge of x and acting like everyone should defer to them can we just ignore the shithead?

it's happened with uglycat, it's happened with "pepsiovercoke". it's just really annoying to deal with

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

so what have we learned from the Iowa caucus debacle?

mayo cheat probably did in fact get that final poll cancelled

mayo cheat hosed around with the iowa caucus, and now he's trying to get the IDP to change how they're counting so he can claim a win off a metric that carries no weight

in essence, we've learned that mayo cheat is a well-earned nickname

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

can we get a new thread rule?

make it probateable to hide who you're for in the primary

if you've got enough of an opinion on the primaries to debate in here, you have a candidate you're backing or leaning towards

allowing posters to hide their preferences makes arguments god-loving awful cause then you have people sniping at others while leaving no room at all for their own ideas to be challenged

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nairbo posted:

https://twitter.com/jastiger

Well at least we were all right about who he was grifting in support of. Take solace in knowing he was actually rage posting and not just an apathetic shitposter or Bernie supporter troll himself.

this is why i think a new thread rule is needed

it was pretty obvious who this asshat supported, but he kept on getting to dodge any questioning of his beliefs cause he wouldn't state them and stating that he never said he was for pete when people called him out as a pete supporter. meanwhile, he got to poo poo up the thread calling bernie supporters hostile, hivemind, etc etc

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

I think it’s fine to be “undecided” but again just admit it and justify it. Like if someone is “anyone but Bernie” that’s a position but yes please just say it.

The ability to criticize without ever having to back up your own worldview stifles conversation and learning, the goals of D&D.

:agreed:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Dante80 posted:

I'm an irrelevant European rooting for Sanders.
Question. Is it possible to convert a NEVERBERNIE extreme twitter Khive hard-on to a Sanders supporter?

edit: Bernie has won Iowa, is going to win the Democratic nomination, and is going to be your next president.

there's been a few in thread. i don't think it can happen in one argument, but it does happen

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

TulliusCicero posted:

...Seriously who the gently caress is Mayo Pete?! loving Dark Lord Sideous was running South Bend apparently :psyduck:

he was shopping himself around to the DNC as the guy to beat bernie back before biden jumped in

https://splinternews.com/im-going-to-have-a-rage-stroke-over-this-story-about-de-1834076284

quote:

The matter of What To Do About Bernie and the larger imperative of party unity has, for example, hovered over a series of previously undisclosed Democratic dinners in New York and Washington organized by the longtime party financier Bernard Schwartz. The gatherings have included scores from the moderate or center-left wing of the party, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi; Senator Chuck Schumer, the majority leader; former Gov. Terry McAuliffe of Virginia; Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., himself a presidential candidate; and the president of the Center for American Progress, Neera Tanden.

“He did us a disservice in the last election,” said Mr. Schwartz, a longtime Clinton supporter who said he will support former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. in this primary.

it's not surprising the DNC would help out their original plan B

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Grouchio posted:

Are you sure you're a bernie fan?

we need a sign about calibanibal we can tap or something

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Sydin posted:

The IDP already came out and said they were releasing the final 3-4% of the results, I think they initially said that would happen today but I'm not sure if that's still in the cards or not. Regardless, we should get the full initial results even if a recanvas is eventually called.

Perez wants one but doesn't actually have the standing to force it to happen: one of the candidates who ran has to request it and I think there are certain parameters that have to be met for it to actually happen. The best chance of a full recanvas is probably Bernie eeking out a narrow victory with the remaining results, and then Pete the Cheat requesting one.

i think pete realized he can't call for a recanvas himself. it looks real bad after he declared himself the winner well before results came out

makes him look like a shithead and a sore loser after he's been running around being happy with the results until they were at 90%

it's probably why he went running to perez to have the DNC disavow the count they were already doing and call for a recanvass

Condiv fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 6, 2020

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

The Neal! posted:

Also, what the hell is all of this even for? Are they really throwing the baby out with the bath water just so they can get like one extra delegate for Pete? Is having him being able to say "I won in Iowa (after we drastically changed the rules so that I could rig it in my favour) really going to give him so much of an advantage that he's not going to get crushed in every other state following this? Is that really the plan?

Sorry I'm sure you guys have been dealing with these questions all day but I just woke up to this nightmare and I'm still groggy.

it keeps the question of who won going, and lets pete pretend he had a better SDE, even though that means poo poo all compared to the actual delegate count (equal with bernie) or first or second votes (both bernie wins)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

The Neal! posted:

But even if that was good for him, all of that doesn't matter because everything I'm reading says in a few more states he's going to get destroyed beyond the point of recovery...

Like, why piss everyone off for such a text book pyrrhic victory? This is so loving dumb :aaaaa:

he's hoping he can build momentum into other wins

it's a hail mary

if he can go into NH as the leading candidate, he hopes that will boost him into first in NH too, and so on and so on

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/DrLearnALot/status/1225980930470232064?s=20

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's a confusing message, but honestly increasing the amount of kids that willingly do national service (not military, but Peace corps, etc) would be a legit good thing. Good job to Pete for making it sound like a draft though, lol

it's not "willingly" if they're pressuring graduates into it

likewise, this would funnel most kids into the military and leave poo poo like the peace corps for the upper-middle and upper classes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

If we had mandatory military conscription we wouldn't be fighting forever wars.

:lol:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

one thing I find ultra-laughable is the idea that a mandatory (or highly pressured) national service would allow people to do whatever kind of service they want. if you think the military is going to sit back and let millions of potential corpses slip through their fingers, you're naive and not paying attention to how hard they try to pull kids in already.

you're also super loving naive if you think the non-military national service options would be funded enough to take in even a tiny fraction of everyone who would want to go that route. this is loving america, if your program isn't killing people left and right or making corporate america trillions, it doesn't get poo poo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

oh wow! 250k paid non-military jobs! i guess pete's national service plan isn't a way to funnel the young into the military after all! :downs:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

also, :lol: at throwing out the old "public service gets your student debt forgiven!!" canard

is anyone still dumb enough to fall for that after obama's programs have forgiven maybe like 20 people in the whole nation?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

gonna just say that if your reason for not voting for a candidate is "their supporters are mean" you're a big, over-privileged baby. you're not taking this election seriously and voting a certain way to spite some rear end in a top hat on the internet is childish to the extreme

grow the gently caress up and read up on the candidates

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Out of curiosity, how would you guys respond to this sort of argument

if a public option is all that can pass, bernie will do what he can to pass it. if single payer can pass, mayor pete will stand in its way

the response is very simple. bernie will fight for the best he can get us, even if that doesn't end up being M4A. pete has already said he won't try for anything more than his plan.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

wait does this mean bloomberg's trying to drain the swamp :confused:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SaturdayKnight posted:

What the actual gently caress. Don’t people have anything better to do?

e: the fuckin worst page snipe

the heart wants what it wants

if that's klobuchar diaper vore, so be it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1230174235471089666

let_them_fight.mp4

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/BadSunAK/status/1230180374417944576

love to see it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

brugroffil posted:

lmao at the attempted defense of Bloomberg via "trump said lovely things too!" from one of the other idiots on that show

yeah they're both racist sexist rapist fuckheads

:laffo:

if bernie wasn't in the race, dems would either vote in trump (D) in 2020 or vote for "literal hitler (D)" in 2024

this is the end result of prioritizing winning over ideology