Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

The crazy thing is that she's actually a pretty intelligent person. She's been getting poisonous advice for months now.

In what ways has she been pretty intelligent? If she accepts and acts on poisonous advice, doesn't her inability to recognize that the advice is poisonous point to her being not so bright after all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, Bernie Sanders gonna win the Dem nomination.

Can I toxx for Bernie in this thread, or is there a dedicated toxx thread where I should post?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Yeah I'm not really worried about Rashida making GBS threads on Hillary tbh. The Vietnam thing I'm worried about because for a lot of people even if they hate war and think Vietnam was a bad idea, suggesting that America is fallible to that extent could be out of bounds for them. Even for like center-left Democrats who have already made up their mind to vote for Bernie, it could cause them to reconsider.

Lmao at this handwringing :decorum: bullshit.

Trump insulted "war hero" McCain and a Gold Star family, and that only made him more popular with the Republican voters.

So long as you don't back down and stick to your guns, you can get away with saying pretty much anything you want. Especially when you are speaking is the truth, like Bernie is about the Vietnam war.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 1, 2020

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcmagic posted:

The unity argument is for the convention. I don't think that works at this point of the game.

Elizabeth Warren is desperate and/or stupid.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but she's the candidate. Whatever her lovely staff is doing, has her sign off.

Also, she was the one who selected, hired and appointed her lovely staff in the first place.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seph posted:

To be 100% clear, the results are not final yet so the past tense is not appropriate here. There is a good chunk of the state (38%) left to go. With margins this close it's well within the realm of possibility that Sanders takes the lead as his team is indicating.

The DNC fuckers will never release the full results.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

kidkissinger posted:

seriously though wtf is going on with the release of info

They are cherry picking precincts where Pete won and leaving out precincts where Bernie won, to give the impression that Pete won and rob Bernie of his momentum.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

kidkissinger posted:

ok but what is even the cover at this point?

The DNC is so utterly contemptuous of the electorate that they haven't bothered to come up with a cover story.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

in 2016 the bernie campaign complained about microsoft being the vendor because a bunch of executives donated to hillary

Ok centrist ghoul

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

like 70% of the democratic campaign space was somehow affiliated with hillary clinton. it's not a very large group of people.

Ok centrist ghoul

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ManBoyChef posted:

This is exactly what I think. I really don't think there was any conspiracy and calling Mayor Pete a rat is kinda self defeating. Yeah he is a horrible candidate that offers nothing but platitudes and but I don't think he is deserving of being called a rat.

Mayor Cheat isn't deserving of being called a rat because it's an insult to rats. Rats have empathy, don't fix bread prices or waterboard prisoners, and don't skin dogs alive as a leisure activity.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

slowdave posted:

It's just a joke about him being a psycho and South Bend animal shelters having a higher kill rate than elsewhere iirc.

It's not a joke. Mayor Cheat skins dogs for fun, and his "favourite" breeds are golden retrievers and labradors.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dietrich posted:

Make him the press secretary. He's pretty good at lying to people.

Mayor Cheat is good at skinning dogs and keeping them alive for as long as possible to prolong their agony, but that doesn't mean he should be put in charge of the dog pound.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uglycat posted:

I still wanna believe Pete ends up endorsing Bernie (over whoever else is in the field after super tuesday), but my faith is shaken

Pete will endorse Trump when Bernie wins the Dem nomination.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ManBoyChef posted:

How the hell does Sanders win both primaries but have less delegates? This system is so freaking stupid.

America was built on slavery and the blood of the indigenous peoples, and these gross injustices are reflected in the distortions of America's political system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Oh so it is just the Bloomberg thing?

Does Fair Fight do good work? Would you turn down $5 million if you were fighting for voting rights?

And what nice things has she said, other than he's allowed to spend money on the campaign?

Lol at a genuine succ in our midst. I hope you are at least on the Bloomberg payroll and draining his funds.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)