Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
With the impeachment trial most likely wrapping up the total sham it was inevitably going to be, time to kick this into full gear and say something really controversial...

Bernie is gonna win and kick Trumps rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Isn’t hoarse a Goon? I could have sworn I saw them post here once but I might be imagining it

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

This racist piece of poo poo is pretending that it was ANOTHER account that tweeted this stuff.

https://twitter.com/Marston4ca42/status/1223967859849613312?s=19

Yeah no nice try

twodot posted:

My Canadian uncle who works at Nintendo gave 27 million bucks to Sanders. Feel free to match him if you agree we need some change to our two party system.

Give us a persona 5 port on the switch you cowards :argh:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

What's his next play? He's not going to win a statewide election in Indiana and he's not going to be able to run for President in 2024.

He's going to lead up that next generation of lanyard dipshits who want fight against the overton window's leftward shift.

If Pat Hackett loses in district 2 this year he may try to use his elevated profile to run for Congress in my district. That’s my best guess outside of getting a lobbying gig.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
That loser wanting to hop in would cost him millions of dollars at Bank of America so it’s not gonna happen.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Vox Nihili posted:

He's also blown roughly 69,000 deadlines... which he should probably know about without having to call anyone.

(Stares at Bloomberg who has also missed deadlines and thinks he’s got a snowballs chance in hell)

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Shocking development!

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1224410743107457032?s=21

The person could... yah know... IGNORE PEOPLE but instead they are just making things worse and getting more blowback/ financial backing for sanders

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Lame Devil posted:

How’s it looking for Bernard Saunders?

It’s only satellite caucuses right now. Keep sending your energy!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Not giving any credit to that asshat.

Still it’s funny that if Pete was the one who pulled that poll that it wasn’t that bad for him to begin with

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Don’t expect anything for a few hours. 9 est 8 cnt correct?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

The knee is bending.

:eyepop:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kill Bristol posted:

Oh come on. There are plenty of examples of Pete supporters being assholes online as well. There are just less of them in total (supporters).

I’ve seen plenty of asshats in all camps (it’s almost as if the internet makes you stupid :thunk: ) but the amount of bullshit I see directed at sanders camp is... yeah...

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

PepsiOverCoke posted:

Because it IS a win for Pete.

The Kansas City Chiefs tying Notre Dame in quadruple Overtime is a victory for Notre Dame. Pete shouldnt have done this well and we are biting our nails over 1 or 2 delegates.

Statistically Bernie should have won, with Biden/Pete/Warren fighting over a distant 2nd. That didnt happen.

I know its just Iowa and Bernie is probably going to suplex everyone in the next states, but to act like this isnt a huge upset for Pete is missing the point.

Yeah this is where I’m at. Pete losing here would have demolished his campaign strategy and he would have dropped. Now he has momentum as an actual contender and is siphoning votes away from Biden (who is in a hell of a lot of trouble if polls for NH and his slide in Super Tuesday states is accurate).

However Bernie can use this to roll into NH. He has angry supporters that are willing to help financially and knocking doors and he’s still polling in the 30’s when Pete just broke 20%. If Bernie can claim a clean victory then he could easily shift the tide (which was already showing a shift to begin with)

The wild card will be Warren. Will she back Bernie if she continues to struggle and unite the progressive wing of the party or will she back Biden to try and salvage his candidacy or Pete to Try to appeal to the new converts to him and give him an air of legitimacy.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Bet they have fridges as well :luckyducky:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Good night news hampers! There will be no encore!

Edit: whoops quoted wrong goon

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 9, 2020

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Biden being “Barely Possible” is :stonklol:

WORST loving SNYPE

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
We’ve had practically no polls for Nevada at this point so we are flying in blind

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

what's an arzying

Arzy was a poster that used to post and panic nonstop in previous threads when election results rolled in. It was never pretty.

Pretty sure they are banned now

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Nucleic Acids posted:

He went full gently caress You Got Mine Republican after getting in to some money too.

I thought so but I questioned myself for a second. Thanks for confirming that

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Biden supporters flocking to Pete is the only reason I can think of to be honest to explain how much Biden has cratered and how much Pete has gained. It’s only gonna get more complicated when we add Bloomberg to this as we move forward but that will probably help Bernie since there will be more divisions.

Either way it’s a win but we needed to take the wind out of Pete’s sails and it just didn’t happen.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Nevada and especially South Carolina should do that, also Biden is gonna come hard after Buttigieg.

Biden is fleeing to SC is where he’s gonna try to take a stand and reestablish his perceived spot. He will do good there but he will have this embarrassment from tonight and possibly a bad showing in Nevada to weaken his bases enthusiasm and resolve. He’s banking on a more diverse base to show electability for the general. Nevada, however, is more diverse then the last two contests and if he tried an effort there he could regain some ground possibly but he’s willing to take an L there to bank on a big win before Super Tuesday.

I just don’t see it happening. He’s done

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
That culinary union post just took the wind out of my sails... the epitome of gently caress you Got mine.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

kidkissinger posted:

idk. wait and see who they do endorse. i get the feeling their members are going to split.

Not gonna Toxx because our household broke and my roommate can’t pay their share this month because they just exploded a deer in Michigan with their car (they are ok but welp car repairs are in his future) but I’d bet they go Pete with his Medicare 4 All (who want it) stance I’ve been seeing escalating lately. I seriously doubt they will back Bloomberg (is he even in this caucus now that I think about it) or Biden but we shall see.

I get the worst loving Snypes what the hell

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Failed Imagineer posted:

Do you mean SC?

The answer is yes, it's a sign of how aberrant and dumb this season is that more people haven't dropped out yet

Most will ignore the signs and stay until Super Tuesday at least. Bonus, they will not endorse until they see a clear winner.

If endorsements do happen, then I feel that the moderates will do so first in order to solidify against Bernie. All the while people like Warren will be bitter in defeat and will refuse just to save face. Which sucks because an early endorsement could actually push the progressive over the top and solidify the ticket sooner but thats not happening

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Bloomberg will do ok. He has name recognition and he’s pumping so much money into it of course he’s gonna do well.

However I don’t think he will overcome Bernie if he slam Dunks the next few ones pre Super Tuesday. He will have people and a hell of a lot of momentum at that point and electability arguments will start to fall on deaf ears

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

LOL Iowa and NH tapped out.

Do you expect them to donate atm? They did their part for now and gave him two wins. They will come back in soon enough

:wow:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/banditelli/status/1229950357976969216?s=21

I can’t believe this

Edit :argh: beaten

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
So did they find Bloomberg’s Body?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I want to see post debate polls now so bad... :f5:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I’d be concerned about Yang if he actually had supporters...

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

Should we have a thread for the Nevada caucus?

Maybe for results just so we don’t bog this thread down to much. When results flood in it will be getting a page every 5 minutes or so because we are gluttons for punishment and constantly :f5: for needles blessing

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

:pusheen:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ppollingnumbers/status/1231302823410880513?s=21

That’s not a good sign considering most of his support has been from non whites... :ohdear:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Failed Imagineer posted:

Those are pretty much the exact demographics of Nevada...

e: actually whites are slightly *under*represented there

Crap someone told me it was higher the other way more towards 50 or less white population so I thought it was trending the other way

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Hell page is for hell dumps.

As long as they are victory posts for Sanders :bernin:

Edit: Slowpoke.jpg

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ppollingnumbers/status/1231591021118722048?s=21

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ppollingnumbers/status/1231607254517940227?s=21

Glad to see that he is still has a chance to flail hopelessly on stage

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bloomberg cratering is :newlol:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Poll done pre Nevada

https://twitter.com/ppollingnumbers/status/1231989427293081602?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Something that Limbaugh started in the 2008 primaries to prolong the fight with Obama and hillary in efforts to bleed them dry for the general. It did wonders