Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Vox Nihili posted:

Project Ratfuck may already be underway.

DES MOINES, Iowa — A small group of Democratic National Committee members has privately begun gauging support for a plan to potentially weaken Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign and head off a brokered convention.

In conversations on the sidelines of a DNC executive committee meeting and in telephone calls and texts in recent days, about a half-dozen members have discussed the possibility of a policy reversal to ensure that so-called superdelegates can vote on the first ballot at the party’s national convention. Such a move would increase the influence of DNC members, members of Congress and other top party officials, who now must wait until the second ballot to have their say if the convention is contested.

https://t.co/7Ppot08hlM?amp=1

these people are complete idiots but even they should understand that switching back to superdelegates deciding on the first ballot right when bernie is doing well in the polls is so blatant that no amount of media spin will fool anyone

but they were also dumb enough to let hillary run in 2016 so who knows, maybe they'll kill their party for good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Vox Nihili posted:

A number of sources are saying this DMR leak is correct now:

Bernie 22
Warren 18
Pete 16
Biden 13
Klobuchar 13

what sources?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

berserker posted:

Do you really think that any one of them would, say, appoint people to head up their departments who are there specifically to destroy said departments? Yes.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

berserker posted:

The best way progressives can help Trump win is to say "Bernie or bust" because it is not guaranteed yet that Bernie will be the nominee. The reason Republicans keep winning is because they are unified no matter what. Division cannot beat that no matter what we think is best for the nation.

This feels nice but the reality is that accelerationism like this only leads to a hell of a lot of suffering. The goal should be to REDUCE suffering, not add to it. Even if it leads to some grand utopia, it won't be nice for those who suffered through the fires that are used to burn it all down before rebuilding.

Mayo Pete and every other establishment parasite can gently caress off straight to hell and take their "unity" with them.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Angry_Ed posted:

Nice job trotting out some good old 1990s transphobia re: Democratic women

lmao

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
hell yeah, glad to see people with large platforms spreading this position

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1224915385193058304

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

joepinetree posted:

Unironically agree

just to be clear, i wasn't ironic

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Parrotine posted:

Jesus Christ, are people gonna actually do this? Pick up their ball and go home if their trend-setting superstar candidate doesnt take the nom?

I know nothing and care little about the Buttman, but if he takes it you better believe I'll crawl over broken glass to vote for him, I cannot take four more years of Trump madness.

I feel like people are forgetting THE reason why Trump won in the first place, a severe case of voter apathy. Theres nobody remotely as toxic as Hillary running which should be a huge leg up, dont gently caress this up Bernie Bros.

I will not support Mayo Pete and I will actively advocate against him if he wins the nom.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TyrantWD posted:

There is an army of unqualified nazi judges with lifetime appointments that say otherwise.

Turns out the real world is more complicated than a computer game.

guess you better hope bernie wins the nomination

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Xombie posted:

I want to put this post in a speech bubble of some guy standing looking at a Central American baby in an American concentration camp. Or a 15 year old rape victim on her deathbed after she wasn't able to get a life-saving abortion. Alas, I'm not good enough at photoshop. So you'll just have to imagine it.

Bernie or Bust.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Xombie posted:

Either there the current crop of candidates are pretty much Trump In Blue, or 4 years of Trump has pushed the current crop of candidates Left. Pick one. These are not compatible views.

lol yes these are compatible views

the trumps in blue still have to pretend to not be complete poo poo and lie that they totally want to give everyone healthcare and do something about student loans, because the electorate is more left wing now than it used to be thanks to america finally having some visible left wing politicians advocating for these positions

bernie or bust

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ugh don't make me like Glenn Greenwald, universe. gently caress you, God

greenwald is good and is also literally risking his life to expose a fascist government that wants him dead, which is more that all of the lib pundits that hate him put together ever did in their entire life

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

yes

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

How are u posted:

Or you could quit being a baby about it and work your rear end off to elect even Pete the rat because every one of these Dems has a good shot against Trump and 4 more years of Trump isn't going to teach your enemies a lesson and will in fact obliterate the last environmental protections the loving country still has and the climate apocalypse you Bernie or Busters like to shout about as the reason that Bernie must win is loving guaranteed.

Christ, you fuckers are exhausting.

to defeat trump we must elect a younger, gay trump

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

oxsnard posted:

Let's avoid any possible sexual connotations when referring to Butt's name, ok?

pete buttchugieg

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1227771973079650304

once a snake always a snake

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
hope she gets primaried

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Thoughtless posted:

Dunno, from the outsider perspective it seems like Bernie has this in the bag, more or less. It's the same feeling as there was with Trump, where all the polls start saying there's absolutely no way and then he wins anyway because he's the only one that anyone's even remotely excited about. Except this time it's good excitement.

i.e. people might say they vote candidate X in preliminary polls, but because that candidate is too generic and uninspiring, they never actually go out and vote. Unlike the energized voters.

I think you'll do fine, America.

it's not quite the same because the libs managed to coalesce around one establishment figure before the lead of the anti-establishment guy (yes i know trump is not really that, but that's how he presented himself) became insurmountable

im kinda at peace though, there's only so much regular people can do and if rich people, their puppets that control the dem party and bougie centrists on the ground are this determined to keep all of the bad things that gave them trump in the first place (and these things stay whether biden or trump wins) then we did our best and everything that happens is on libs, still bad and upsetting but not gonna feel any guilt over it

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1234818015776124929

the minimum wage in this country will never be raised and healthcare will never be public

strip old people of the right to vote, IMO

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

LinYutang posted:

Maybe Bernie could have ran a campaign that appealed to older voters as well, instead of hoping for unprecedented youth turnout. Oh well.

why would Bernie run a right wing campaign

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
whatever happens i do hope that the goons of cspam will be willing to organise at least some financial help for the lefties ITT who might actually not survive 4 more years of american healthcare as envisioned by people like trump and biden

im not one of those people myself but if electoralism fails we should help people in other ways, when possible

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

RottenK posted:

whatever happens i do hope that the goons of cspam will be willing to organise at least some financial help for the lefties ITT who might actually not survive 4 more years of american healthcare as envisioned by people like trump and biden

im not one of those people myself but if electoralism fails we should help people in other ways, when possible

wrong thread but i guess the points stands anyways

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

he's so rich that the DNC can't strongarm him lmao

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

smoobles posted:

Can someone explain to me this thing where Bernie supporters on Twitter think he's entitled to Warren supporters' votes w/ 46 states to go

she lost 4 states in a row and has utterly collapsed in polling, the only thing she's achieving by staying in is helping biden win

to be fair that's explicitly why she's staying in, so bernie supporters who expect her to suddenly stop being a saboteur are naive beyond belief and can't spot an enemy even after being repeatedly stabbed in the front

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Brony Car posted:

I guess it's becoming more widespread among my friends that I feel the Bern and I'm getting a lot of angry and skeptical messages now. I stand by my beliefs, but it's not good for my faith in other voters to make good choices in either the primary or the general election.

I hope you all are having an easier time of it.

i hope you're telling your friends that you're bernie or bust

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Brony Car posted:

But I’ll still vote in the general for the Democrat. I’m not that pure. :(

even if you intend to vote for the dems (though the correct choice is staying home if it's not bernie), you should still lie to liberals on social media and tell them you're bernie or bust

they will blame us anyways, and also they're doing all they can to preserve the systems that oppress and kill poor people and minorities so it's good to make them miserable and unhappy

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Dude, I've been watching accelerationist white guys go nearly if not fully all-in on people who will be on the actual receiving end of the GOP's bigotry through legislative and judicial fiat since 2016 and it has gotten steadily worse. I don't expect perfect behavior on the likes of Twitter, but come on..

When responses to pleas from people like Parker Malloy stating "Hey, you can vote for who you feel best represents you, but there's a case right now in front of the SCOTUS that has the potential to make it law that anyone can legally discriminate against me for any reason whatsoever in any area of life," are met with 'OH WELL, MAYBE IF THIS PLACE HAS TRUMP INFLICTED ON IT FOR A BIT LONGER YOU ALL WILL MAGICALLY LEARN!" I really don't know what to say.

If you're not white and cis, there's no fuckin' tomorrow if he gets a second term and...to pull a quote from a piece I read shortly after the 2016 election..."I don't know how to make you care about others."

This.

very interested to hear the pleas of someone who supports noted genuine progressive Elizabeth Warren

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Sir Lemming posted:

What makes Biden better than Trump is he might actually give a crap when the entirety of Congress and the American people are yelling at him about something like the kids in cages or pulling out of Syria. He's not a complete nihilist, he wants the support of his party. That's worth something at least. It just depends on continued pressure and willingness to yell at the guy from your own party, which I admit is an uphill battle.

his party only cares about syria or kids in cages or most of the other bad things that trump's doing because the person doing these things has an R next to his name and is also mean and nasty, a dem, or even a sufficiently decorous republican would instantly quiet almost all of the complainers

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Craptacular! posted:

I agree that "Mean tweets nominated Joe Biden" is like the DNC version of "GamerGate elected Trump", but something has to explain why my mother who never turns off MSNBC doesn't even know how Twitter URLs work, but is so drat sure that Bernie's following is toxic.

All this reducing people to donuts and checkmarks does reach boomers, because boomers are informed about the world by checkmarks.

unless you meant to say that your mother never turns on MSNBC (or any other lib network), there's your reason why she's drat sure that bernie's following is toxic

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Gripweed posted:

Now that the initial shock and disappointed has worn off, can we all focus on the fact that Biden is ahead by fewer than 100 delegates? Bernie can easily make up that gap

oh come on

the only thing that could give bernie the nomination is getting a clear majority of delegates, i genuinely don't believe that there's a chance for that now. yes biden is a doddering fool and an embarassment, but we just saw that the dead boomer husks that still infest USA do not care and will run to vote for him anyways

keep supporting bernie because it's still good to fight for good things even if you know you won't win, but IMO just accept that libs are handing this to biden and get ready to not vote for him in november no matter how much the liberals cry at rage at you

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

BoldFace posted:

You can stop it by convincing Bernie supporters to vote for Biden and beating Trump together in November. No matter who the democratic nominee is, they're not going to win in November if the entire party is not behind them.

actually we'll be trying to convince bernie supporters to stay home, because biden sucks and can go to hell

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Why are you looking to hurt people? Why would you even say something like this?

the people, including me, will be hurt no matter what and the blame is entirely on the liberal mush that clings to joe because they think he'll make the world "normal" again

he will not, and even in the miraclous scenario of him winning in 2020 he will do absolutely nothing about any of the underlying problems that gave you trump, and in 2024 you'll get a much worse and more competent fascist as president

im not going to cling to hope that someone like AOC might run and win in 2024 because the dems are clearly determined to protect the rich at all costs, so im just gonna abandon hope rn and side with the "burn it all down" people, if im hosed anyways i might as well have some fun while i can and maybe contribute to making sure that the fire finally reaches the people that spent decades pouring gasoline on everything

i guess that's what people online call getting blackpilled or something

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Cheesus posted:

I'm voting Sanders in November whether he wins the primary or not.

this is the correct decision

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Potato Salad posted:

There is no union after Trump wins 2020.

and

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TyrantWD posted:

Bernie wasn't sabotaged.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Kaal posted:

You never know, maybe Sanders will close out his days of relevance by finding a whole new category of the Democratic Party to insult and undermine. Surely all the polls are a conspiracy and victory is in hand!

lol have fun in november

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

LinYutang posted:

Biden managed to convince his rivals to drop out. Bernie failed to. Maybe Bernie was just worse at coalition building.

hm yes if only bernie convinced someone who is not a progressive and is only pretending to be one to sabotage the primary at behest of right wing dems

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

booseek posted:

Beautiful. Because Biden won more votes? Or did the DNC somehow "ratfuck" Bernie this time too?

I hate this result too, but the idiocy here is startling. You and others who stay home don't actually care about minority rights and pushing a progressive agenda since you're yet again willing to sacrifice it all because you didn't get the result that you wanted. Bernie gets this and this is why if Bernie loses, he'll be campaigning for Biden.

yeah but bernie's wrong on this, he shouldnt've have endorsed and campaigned for hillary and he will be wrong to endorse and campaign for biden. i love the man but his biggest weakness is being far too willing to be nice to and compromise with awful people like hillary, biden or warren

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Do the posts saying Biden is worse count?

people aren't voting for trump, just refusing to vote for biden

IMO if the liberals are so convinced that they don't need the left and don't need to make any concessions to the left then it's only polite to respect their wishes and let them win the election without the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

isn't this bad for GE, good economy is a boost for trump lol

also lol that no one outside of the left will make the connection between biden doing well and some of the worst scum on earth immideately doing better just on the potential of his primary victory