Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

TyrantWD posted:

When people had a chance to express that preference in primaries, they went for Biden by a large number. He even had higher favorability numbers than Bernie.

The GOP went to pretty extreme lengths to give Republicans no reason to vote in their own Primaries, then encouraged them to vote in Democrat Primaries. But I'm sure that had no effect on the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

Bernie lost closed primaries. Also liberal states with vote by mail.

That was more directed at Michigan's results, and several other states, which were open. The narrative that democrats overwhelming voted for Biden in those states is flawed. Especially South Carolina, who conveniently cancelled their Republican primary.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

It’s not the media. Revolutions are for the young. Boomers don’t care how much damage they do when they won’t be around to deal with it. Progressives are going to have to figure out how you work around that when they are the biggest voting bloc in the country, and you can’t wait 20-30 years for them to die.

Yep. I watched poo poo like this happen at the grocery store I used to work at. The union kept approving contracts that took benefits away from everyone except the old timers who were the ones with enough free time to actually vote on contracts.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Sydin posted:

They really are just going to use the GOP strategy with Kavanaugh as a blueprint for shuffling Joe through this scandal, huh? I hope Biden also has some really weird calendars or a diary or something to put to prove how much of a not-rapist he was.

They really don't care. I wish I was more surprised.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1255943267293835265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

They would still be actively campaigning, too.