Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rainbow Knight posted:

more of a "minorities just don't have the right mindset" kind of racist imo

Look man they make game been racists but at least their weren't black!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mellow Seas posted:

I never questioned why leftists hate liberals, but hating a political party because you thought they would love and protect and nurture you is stupid. (Love, protection and nurturing are what are implied by using a "mother" metaphor.) I hate most Democrats and I hate what happend with this primary but that doesn't bar me from making objective evaluations of candidates (or attempting to, anyway).

I mean, we all see the world simply when we're young, and yeah, when I was a kid, Bill Clinton was a hero to me, as I'm sure he was to a lot of the 30-40 year old people here. But when you grow up and see that the Democratic Party sucks, it's better to accept that it sucks and move on rather than dwell on feelings of betrayal. "The Democratic Party emotionally damaged me" seems like pretty bad reasoning when you're talking about blowing everything up and letting the Republicans rule forever out of spite, like the post I initially responded to was advocating.

The democrats don't do poo poo, they take credit for the work of tens of millions of people fighting, organizing and advocating. They only pass things to benefit us when we've already safely won the battle years ago.

We don't need them, they're only slowing us down.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scientist Al Gore posted:

If only that didn't enable someone so much worse.

Joe Biden was VP when we built the loving cages

He's also a rapist

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scientist Al Gore posted:

Disclaimer, I don't know if I would I say I have an ideology.

:lol:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Step two: “Bernie is the compromise candidate” when shown various clips of Bernie being friendly with Republicans, bragging about bipartisan resolutions, etc.

P sure they're talking about Biden and Trump, noted white supremacists and rapists

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So stuck on Bernie they don't even realize they need to be arguing against Howie and la Riva now

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

If you can’t see the difference between Republican and Democratic policies you just aren’t being honest with yourself.

If we have agreed that all voting is a compromise we are merely haggling over price and can at least agree everyone should shove the absolutist rhetoric over accepting lesser evil still being evil, etc.

Haggling over price? You think not consenting to human rights violations, the death of the planet, increasing poverty and a prison system openly designed to continue slavery of "haggling over price?" They won't even let us put healthcare on the table what the gently caress are you talking about

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't even mention how much of your taxes go to war mongering

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

If you have ever typed the phrase “Bernie is the compromise candidate,” yes. That is exactly what compromise is.

Are you aware you are a literal fascist

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
LooooooooooopoooooooooollkydxSyivsrhh

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Please tell me everything you are doing to materially oppose fascism

Your posts don't count

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Actually lifting a finger to beat Trump is I’m sure more than you’ve done in your life.

Real quick, buddy, when was the last time you held space for a unhoused young queer who was crying because she keeps getting assaulted and she's afraid someone is going to knife their way into her tent and do it again. When was the last time you felt that powerless to help someone in any way but to elevate their voice

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
When was the last time you really stared capital in it's face bro

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bro do you even know about direct action bro

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

If Biden doesn't denounce this immediately he will lose

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1254829181235539969?s=20

Howard you're doing great honey

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

I never said that, since as you can see my post was directed at one poster.

You never answered my questions either buddy

You ever find a friend and client frozen to death on the street my dude

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

What does that have to do with stopping fascism? Oh right, nothing.

All you’re doing is bragging about what a great human you are and I am not gonna play with some rando who flames me as a fascist and does nothing about the actual fascist in the White House. “Buddy.”

That you don't see how it's connected is why you're a joke.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You have no principles, you are so poisoned by liberal idealogies that you laughably claim you do not have an idealogy. Voting is the least a person can do to change the world.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Then the fact you are advocating for us to not even do that is telling on yourself.

Do you think American fascism started under Trump?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I double-checked and that was a different lib of a poster

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway the point is you have never stared the worst parts of American capitalism and fascism in the face. The fact that you said my simple experiences were "bragging about what a good person" I am, as a trans community advocate, is loving insulting to both me and the people I serve.

You do not understand what drives us because nothing drives you

Edit: What makes me "a good person" for staring at death by poverty at 6:30 am on a Tuesday morning, before I've even had a chance to get my coffee?

Pomp fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 28, 2020

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

You are using fascism as shorthand for all bad things that happen in the US. I am using the actual definition.

What is fascism, then

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

In a nutshell, far right authoritarian government.

W-what do you think the United States was pre-trump

Pomp fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 28, 2020

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is a symptom, and voting will never cure the disease when the disease controls power

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

This is sophistry and a bit precious coming in the same post as you complaining about bad faith posting.

“Excuse me but actually your one-sentence informal definition is not a perfect copy-paste of the Wikipedia entry on fascism.”

You said I was defining fascism as America, and then you defined fascism even vaguer

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you're going to act superior to the folks doing more than voting you could at least back it up

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Of course there are fascist movements that are not themselves made up of government officials, but what they have in common is that they want the state (or some body or group with similar powers if the state is dissolved) to be fascist.

That is what an organized political movement is, yes, but what is fascism

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Let me google that for you.

We all are capable of looking up the commonly understood definitions of political terms.

You're not getting it, what is fascism.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You do have a deeper analysis of fascism don't you

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Obama is neither right wing nor an authoritarian no matter how much you want hating him to make it true. And again, this is a lot of rending of garments over an informal one-sentence definition that doesn’t pretend to be more than that. Indeed, one might even go so far to assume repeatedly ignoring that fact is (gasp) bad-faith posting.

No one in this thread is working from a surface level definition of fascism. If you are going to argue that marginalized peoples views of and experiences under fascism are using the wrong definition then you're going to have to back that up in a way that running to dictionary.com won't fulfill

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is why it's still funny you tried to big dick everyone about fighting fascism.

*Joe Biden directly helps disenfranchise millions of Americans* I'm voting what are you doing???

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

As far as elected officials go, Biden has certainly been in the middle of the Democratic Party ideologically for at least 30 years. We get it, you hate most of the party. But most Democrats have not only decided they can live with most of the party, they actually like being Democrats. Even under the most cynical view, card check and HR1 benefit Democratic politicians so yeah, they have every reason to pass it.

Fair enough but maybe we can also cool it with the white noise “what did you do to fight fascism, you fascist?” posts.

Use the embarrassment to radicalize yourself instead of blaming the folks you decided to speak down too

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Repeating the same response for a whole day is white noise. No one’s impressed you can keep repeating the sick own you’re so proud of, friends.

If you were half as politically savvy as you think you are you would have realized that the correct option was to ignore it until it went away, since introspection was clearly off the table

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

You would shitpost the same either way I’m sure, but my point remains the same: voting Trump out is a necessary if not sufficient action to stop fascism. For whatever reason you do not agree with this necessary action and also devote time that you claim you use so well being this great humanitarian telling us how important it is for us not to take the necessary action.

That is enabling fascism.

I'm just describing my work, dude. Many of the others who hold similar views as mine would have had their own stories and tactics. We don't have the privilege to sit back and vote to provide for our communities.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Apparently you do have the privilege of an enormous chunk of time telling people why they shouldn’t vote to keep Trump from killing their grandparents, disenfranchising minority groups, and ending reproductive rights so you’re probably more privileged than you realize.

How many people do you know who can't vote directly because of legislation Biden voted and advocated for

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And yes, I do have the privilege to be WFH right now. Because the people I work with have principles, realize the scope of our work is going to be narrow during quarantine, and are keeping us on payroll regardless. I have privilege to be provided for, and I am endlessly grateful for it every day because I have never known this before.

I am an insect compared to many of the people around me, but you don't get to talk down to me while advocating I vote for someone directly responsible for the oppression of those same folks.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 28, 2020

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

It is the states, and not the federal government, that pass laws making voters ineligible. But if that’s your way of claiming you’re that bothered about the 94 crime bill we are right back to the fact that I’m sure you also hate Bernie, who voted for it.

Noted powerless institution, the federal government

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Nice goalpost shift here when you can’t prove your hated Dems are fascists responsible for every bad thing that happens.

They're responsible for doing nothing about it

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Marxalot posted:

buying insurance now, if your employer is not already covering a significant portion of the premiums, effectively requires you to have a trust fund

family coverage that doesn't involve a $6000 per person deductible is around $2,500 a month; $500 for a single buyer

We need good healthcare because, well, we're trans and the cost is absurd. Like 40% of our wages, which could be better spent on staff and services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

Nice bait. You know very well the mod told me not to go there on the definitions.

WERE IT NOT FOR THE LAWS OF THIS LAND I WOULD CUT YOU DOWN