Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Biden 2020: Now Is the Time of Monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Going back to the 80s, Biden has always lied about his policies, his record, and his personal history. Consistently. It has sunk his campaigns multiple times. It is only when the post-Trump standards lowered from any functioning adult to any warm body (who won't raises taxes or change anything of course) that Biden has been anything more than a joke. It is ironic that a man who's campaign pitch is turning the clock back to 11/8/2016 has only been viable because of Donny himself.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

papa horny michael posted:

Such messaging also forestalls any plans for reversing any of Trump's acts as president, once they hold office. As they aren't seriously against much of what he has done.

What honestly terrifies me about Biden winning is normalizing and expanding Trump's monstrosities the same way Obama did for Dubya. That and whatever austerity hell he'd institute in the aftermath of Covid.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Whale Vomit posted:

The US electorial system is a zero sum game so an abstained vote that would have been against Trump counts to his benefit.

If you're going to encourage people not to vote for Biden, you should just say what you mean: the freedom and safety of non white cis hetero people is less important to you than the social progressive movement.

Stop talking as if you're interested in anything but your desire to get revenge for how the Sanders campaign was done so wrong. You're not doing this for anyone but yourself and your movement

You can talk around it all you want, but the Trump administration hurts a lot more americans than Obama's did, and it will get worse with another four years. You just don't care. You don't care about those people who aren't like you.

Fear was enough to get me to vote for Hillary in 2016. I was deeply afraid for my black neighbors who were already being terrorized in the lead up to the election. Fear was enough for me to go out and convince my friends and family to vote for her. Even though I knew that she offered me, and them, nothing but contempt. Fear for his Latino students and their families was enough for my father even though she said she believed he wasn't American in the same way as everyone else because he was Muslim and if he wanted to prove it he would have to be a police informant.

In the Trump era, I've watched as the Democrats have been unwilling to fight with even 1/100th of the strength for the people they use as hostages that they reserve for anyone that wants their party to be better. I've apologized to everyone in my life that I've asked to vote for this worthless party. Fear just isn't good enough anymore.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Willo567 posted:

If you think that everything is hosed either way, why the gently caress do you even bother to get up in the morning if everything is that hopeless?

For me personally its having dependents and still pulling enough of a paycheck to support them. That and a historical curiosity of how the death of the American empire and the extinction of the human race is going to play out.

Suicide rates and deaths by diseases of despair are a record highs by the way so there are hell of a lot of people looking at the state of the world and their lives and choosing to punch their own tickets right now.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Virginia is ranked 50 out 50 on workers rights. A party of Democrats for the affluent suburbs that is actively hostile to workers is one that I am not a part, have no future in, and why I can't stomach voting for them anymore.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Boywhiz88 posted:

Just came in here to remind folks that Deepwater Horizon happened a decade and 8 days ago. An ecological disaster of untold proportions that still affects the Gulf Coast today. And BP still exists. There’s still drilling in the Gulf, but I believe there was a moratorium on new wells at the time.

That is the same kind of environmental stewardship I would expect from a Biden presidency. If not worse.
In case there are people who may not recall that huge event that occurred in our lifetime.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1067746578226704384

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Honestly having enough nihilism to laugh at the nightmare we're all trapped in is better than collapsing into absolute despair and depression. The Democrats have abandoned every one of their supposed principals, put a bullet in every last hostage they claim they protect, and sent their most ardent supports out to die in a pandemic. All so they can bet everything on their team's monster in an ill-fitting skin suit getting elected because they might get to be the henchmen that strips that last strand of copper out of the walls while the world burns to death.

Iron Twinkie fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Apogee15 posted:

Personally, I think the outcome of this election hinges more on people who voted for Trump than people who might vote for Biden. Did Trump piss off enough of his old supporters? Also how does the economy look like for the month prior to the election? I think those will be the two biggest factors.

My opinion is that the election is going to hinge on people that voted Obama but were too disenfranchised and or demoralized to vote in 2016. Considering that Joe's enthusiasm numbers make John Kerry look like a rock star by comparison I don't see that happening.