Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Quantum Shart posted:

Can't donate cause I'm a dirty skip but putting some money down (unless someone wants to ship me a shirt and I'll paypal them)

That would be illegal. Best you can do is buy merch from a reseller on eBay or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Failed Imagineer posted:

And the polls keep coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they

https://twitter.com/HawaiiDelilah/status/1223201732152283137?s=19

P.S. gently caress outta here Warren/Buttered Greg

Deval Patrick surge finally happening

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

oxsnard posted:

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1223239558613127170?s=20

So do this people think if they keep screaming "black people hate bernard!!!!!1!!" it will come true?

Lol he loving blocked me. I relied to him once or twice in the past but never swearing or insulting him or anything, I think he blocked me for liking a Jack Allison tweet if I had to guess

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Harrow posted:

Somehow I'm not blocked by the horse despite having insulted him repeatedly in his mentions over the last month or so. Guess I need to try harder.

Just say the words "Michael Goodnough"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wicked Them Beats posted:

The difference here being that if the polls are right Bernie is definitely winning Iowa.

I just hope they are wrong in the same way they were in 2016, where he outperformed the RCP by about 4 points in Iowa.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I don't know. The Vietnam poo poo worries me and might have legs. Particularly in Iowa I could see it making a difference.

Iowan Democratic voters are very anti war

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I find that kind of hard to believe. Why do you think this is so?

Cause someone posted it a bunch of pages ago and whatever the last thing I read is true

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These loving people say Bernie sorters are the ones in a cult

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wicked Them Beats posted:

If they really did somehow leave Pete's name out they'll scuttle the whole thing and we'll never see it.

It sounds like one person who was a respondent to the poll got mad and called the newspaper to say it was biased because they didn't like the wording of the questions or Pete want an answer in every question or something

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Armack posted:

If some interviewer really left off Pete's name, why doesn't DMR just toss just that data and rerun the results with a (presumably slightly smaller N) and a somewhat higher MoE?

The issue wasn't probably wasn't *too* widespread or someone would have caught it much earlier.

This makes no sense as reported.

e: proper use of parentheses

Maybe they are dumb and don't keep track of who called who

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Do it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Concerned Citizen posted:

if that's true then versus the last poll:

bernie +2
warren +1
pete -
biden -2
klob +7

this is mostly stable but not sure i buy a giant klob surge

She's been buying a bunch of eggs and putting them all in the Iowa basket

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I heard on npr on my way home from the laundromat that the South Carolina Black Women's caucus or something like that endorsed Tom Steyer

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Paradoxish posted:

I keep hearing this ridiculous Bloomberg ad on podcasts and it sounds like a loving parody. There's a line that's more or less "What's Mike about? Doing things." It's also too long and gets cut off in like half of the podcasts where I've heard it. It's hilarious.

What the gently caress podcasts are you listening to that have paid political ads?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Meanwhile Hoarsewisperer has raised almost $50,000 for Bernie over the last day

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1224157479644217345?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol somebody I know just told me Bernie Sanders supporters are just like Tony Stark, they just want to get and keep theirs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FlamingLiberal posted:

That person has brain damage

Can someone find me that poll that says 4% of Bernie supporters would vote for Trump and like 15% of Buttigieg supporters would?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've done some more searching and just can't find that drat poll

https://www.inquisitr.com/5841984/buttigieg-warren-trump-democratic-rivals-emerson/

This is the one I'm talking about but I can't find the original with the graph which is what I want to post

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is over my head, I don't really understand what is going on in this video

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God it will be so great if Klob gets support people thought would go to Biden. It will kill Biden and she'll die in South Carolina

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

queeb posted:

be interesting to see if all these olds go for the same split as the others.

I think these will be a bit different. The other olds were ones who own at least two homes. These are middle class olds, I think Biden will do better with them than he did with the rich ones

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Really hard to read the mood of the thread as to how it's going

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TyrantWD posted:

Because it’s impossible to know how any candidates are doing (other than the fact that Biden is getting wrecked).

How can people tell that, is Biden just doing really bad from the small sample we have?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wait why did Drake they have a satellite caucus if they're in Iowa already?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If Biden comes in fourth he can come in third in New Hampshire and then give a press conference calling himself "the comeback kid"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What a shitshow of a system. Bernie wins by 13 points and if he didn't win a coin toss Buttigieg would get one now delegate than him

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It looks like Bernie is going to win the most voters but lose delegates by a chunk, am I reading all this right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

riseofmydick posted:

Based on what?

Just the small sample size of results being posted here

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok I'm going to do a couple quests in the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine then I'll be back

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think they are saying DNC EXPECTED 2016 turnout. They don't know actual turnout yet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is like a Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington bit

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Substandard posted:

Bernie claiming he'll be doing "very, very well" when the results are eventually announced.

Hell be doing pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

reignonyourparade posted:

It's true that the establishment has very little reason to ratfuck in PETE'S favor. Which is why this was probably an independent operation by pete and his people. It may be short-sighted but this campaign is basically his only shot at making it out of Indiana in politics and if Shadow being the company behind the App his connections to shadow would be a non-issue, it'd be incredibly easy to play off his victory as being "mistaken." The Iowa dems MAY have gotten kickbacks in order to make sure that they chose S.H.A.D.O.W. for the app, or it just might have been offered for really cheap to do so.

Couldn't he just move somewhere else physically?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Democratic incompetence here is exactly why only a non Democrat should be nominated

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Two days ago
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1223720087120568320?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DreamingofRoses posted:

Didn’t Bernie give what was basically an “I won” speech too?

No he said "I suspect after everything is counted we will have done very very well tonight"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

V. Illych L. posted:

he said he was 'feeling good' about the results and then his campaign put out partial results which put him moderately ahead - this is within the bounds of what is reasonable. had buttigieg said something like 'it looks like we've done very well' that would be one thing, but outright claiming victory is some dodgy poo poo because it primes everyone to expect something which may not be (and indeed, probably is not according to what evidence we do have available) true.

there's a line between legitimate spin and disinformation - of course the campaign is going to try to claim the results as encouraging, and a results in the mid-to-high twenties in a very competitive field can be reasonably spun as doing well even if they somehow ended up third - but saying that you're first when there's nothing real to support that statement is crossing that line, because at that point you're not pushing an interpretation of the facts, you're pushing your own facts - which means that everyone else suddenly has to decide what to do about it, either call it ouy viciously or make up alternative facts

using the confusion of a major procedural breakdown (which, again, is a big scandal even under the best reasonably imaginable circumstances) to try to push a distortion of the facts is really dodgy behaviour and absolutely needs to be called out in an aggressive way

Also bring up legitimate questions like "How do you know you won?"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everyone is using 🐀 on Pete posts now.

Since 🐍 was declared deeply misogynist are people going to come out and confirm 🐀 is deeply homophobic?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mcmagic posted:

Guys.... Rush Limbaugh still has advanced lung cancer.

I want him to die the day Bernie Sanders wins the election. I want him to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Retro42 posted:

What the actual gently caress is wrong with people? It’s only the morning after the Iowa Caucus and #MayorCheat and #DNCisCorrupt are trending on twitter.

I mean, I want my preferred candidate to win as well, but this level of division and anger is just loving stupid.

All indications from the numbers both Bernie and Pete are reporting (which seem to confirm one another) is that Bernie actually has won so it is pretty dumb.