Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It really annoys me that he took this long to quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Did the FEC deadline already pass?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Wishing she actually said gently caress Hillary Clinton.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So Nevada is having a new early caucus option this year. I’m not 100% sure how it works. Is there any reason to not just vote Bernie and skip the second choice option, or should I pick someone for some reason?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ok, I laughed.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

LanceHunter posted:

I'll obviously support whoever gets the Democratic nomination, but man are a bunch of Sanders supporters going to be in for a massive surprise once he's running a race where the opposition isn't intentionally soft balling him because they want/need to get support from his fans. Everyone complaining about how mean Hillary is being to Sanders is in for a massive wake-up call if the Republicans ever start taking him seriously.

Oh man Bernie is so hosed once republicans start comparing him with the dumbest, most corrupt president in our lifetimes.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nonsense posted:

Caucuses are not going away because of this. The App makers and Robby Mook are getting a loving raise for this poo poo.

"Give us a million dollars to fix it and it'll work perfect next time! Cheaper than having someone else make a whole new app!"

Meanwhile someone offers to make one that works in five minutes for 1% of the cost and they ignore him until the end of time because he's not some ex-Clinton staffer.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Seriously I'm just gonna enjoy it if Bernie wins even if the turnout is low. I've been on the constant verge of a panic attack for three years now and I'm gonna no freak about about at least one nice thing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nonsense posted:

Well the good thing is that it probably will be scrapped before Nevada. There's no way they're going to use it now, even if they announce some kind of update/patch.

Is there enough time? Early voting starts in 12 days.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SkyLander posted:

Being in Nevada I wonder is early voting the right call now or should I just go through the caucus shitshow? Like what avenue has the higher chance of my vote counting for poo poo.

I'm wondering the same thing. I was looking forward to not being stuck in a room for three hours for this poo poo. :(

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

PepsiOverCoke posted:

I have the app on my phone literally right now. You have to send in photo confirmation of what you put on the app.

Why is everyone jumping to crazy conspiracies on vote changing?

Well because the guy with ties to the secretive app developer also happens to be winning in a shitshow caucus. Are you so obtuse that you can't understand why people would find that suspicious? Even if you're right about everything, you have to at least admit this looks real fucky.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

PepsiOverCoke posted:

I dont think i can share the app so im not going to. It.has a bog standard android icon and is only accessible by both sms verification, email verification, and a specific precinct and pin number verification.

You canr get in without the physical phone, registered email addy, and the pin given to you by the county chair in your packet.

Its also not been seen in any screenshot shared here.

As for cheating, are you guys missing the part where the other campaigns have their own apps.

They all take photos of the math work sheet.

They all have their own count of the preference cards.

They all call in their results independently.

And the chair, with the secretary backing them, does all of it the same.

Its very hard to cheat this thing and very hard to hack the app since its manual input matched up with the photo proof.

Any theories on what went wrong? Something hosed up on the backend that couldn't handle stress?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

they got grifted

Ding ding

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
At least if Pete legit wins this, he still looks like the rat that he is.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

smoobles posted:

Oh wow has the CIA seen this screenshot of a text message yet

No, but my uncle who works at Nintendo has, and he confirms.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
These Iowa polling sites are really something else.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Well something is definitely up because Bernie is #1 or 2 in all the numbers I'm seeing, but Hillary told me that no one liked him.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1224594716479504384?s=20

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Bernie's people were absolutely ready for this and only had up to 40% reporting by the time Pete declared himself winner. So I'm wondering if he did that based on any numbers at all, like 15%, or did he just say gently caress it and declare without even looking at anything?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

ratbert90 posted:

I am in Belgium surrounded by:

2 Brits
5 French
3 Italians
1 Belgium

Consensus: Bernie is loved, and they want him elected. They are worried he won't be.

Also they were all upset that AOC is too young for president.

So they are us and we are them.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

ManBoyChef posted:

I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up. At least this is interesting if not infuriating. Buttigieg sucks and polling showed him in a pretty distant place. How did this happen?

White people.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It really would be hilarious if Pete got all his presidential dreams crushed because some software company he paid for something unrelated decided to hire bad devs.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Gunthen posted:

58. Fifty eight Bernie sanders delegates were decertified from the Nevada caucus costing him the state in 2016. After he won the second round of delegates, they changed the rules to only count the first tier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6swm3l19knc

The Iowa caucuses had captains literally saying the wrong numbers on C-Span ignoring the vote and giving the delegates to Clinton.

It happened the last election cycle, it's not conspiracy anymore when there is hard evidence and verified proof of the event.

That woman is running for state senate now with the DNC’s endorsement.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 4, 2020

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
lol, "why should I be the one to quit?!"

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Anyone got that joke Bernie email where it looks like the mob is coming for him and he needs just a few more bucks?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nairbo posted:

The male of the two was interviewed more recently apparently and is a Bernie supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXirP-QwNrY

Watch this followup video, the guy rules and is well spoken. I haven't seen it all yet but it was worth sharing

Warms my heart this guy didn’t grow up to be a boomer republican.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Rat in Pete

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Can’t wait until Nevada debates where all the centrists have secretly given up and it’s three hours of everyone making GBS threads on Bloomberg.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
When the guillotines come out and billionaires start offering to give up most of their money cause they were totally already planning on doing it I’m letting Steyer get away with it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Hellblazer187 posted:

Did Bernie and Liz shake hands? I had to tune out.

Yes

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status/1225985472591269896?s=21

It is an uncanny resemblance.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

selec posted:

It’s making fun of a woke/left thing people have done with adults in consensual relationships with age gaps larger than 2 or 3 years

lol, that’s a thing? That’s some silly poo poo to care about.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Right now some pundit somewhere is pumping up Klobuchar because Bernie never called him on his birthday.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Calypso posted:

Trump isn’t going to any debate. Don’t fool yourself. He’s already shown he can do whatever the gently caress he wants.

It’s gonna be a sight to behold when all the chuds start explaining how this is an act of courage, not cowardice.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He loves microphones and cameras so much he'll do it.

I imagine he’ll do one, on Fox News, where all the questions will be asking Bernie why he wants to destroy the president’s beautiful economy and abort babies during childbirth.

edit: And Bernie will dominate

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

That video should automatically be shown to anyone complaining about Bernie’s electability.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/meganmesserly/status/1226327618863001602?s=21

:suicide:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I was gonna caucus early in Nevada, now I’m only comfortable doing it where everything is out in the open.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
This looks fun

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Kale posted:

That Howard Schultz Starbucks guy that announced his campaign, immediately demonstrated that he was an out of touch rear end in a top hat that had no clue what he was talking about and was way out of his element in the public sector and almost immediately had to drop out took the bad rich guy candidate cake for me. Like he basically just had to start talking and the public was like NOPE.

I loved it. It was hilarious how obvious his “Let Billionaires Keep All Their Money” platform was.