Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

JosephWongKS posted:

Also, Bernie Sanders gonna win the Dem nomination.

Can I toxx for Bernie in this thread, or is there a dedicated toxx thread where I should post?

There's a Bernie toxx thread in cspam: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Warren really collapsed in polls didn't she?

Candidate Plans forgot to wait until after she won the primary to tack right and abandon M4A, instead deciding to do it after a big poll bump that put her near the top. Whoops!

Vox Nihili posted:

Project Ratfuck may already be underway.

DES MOINES, Iowa — A small group of Democratic National Committee members has privately begun gauging support for a plan to potentially weaken Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign and head off a brokered convention.

In conversations on the sidelines of a DNC executive committee meeting and in telephone calls and texts in recent days, about a half-dozen members have discussed the possibility of a policy reversal to ensure that so-called superdelegates can vote on the first ballot at the party’s national convention. Such a move would increase the influence of DNC members, members of Congress and other top party officials, who now must wait until the second ballot to have their say if the convention is contested.

https://t.co/7Ppot08hlM?amp=1
Yeah I've been expecting this for a while. Time will tell if they have the stones and/or hubris to actually do it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

joepinetree posted:

Oh, you are underselling it.
She claims that there''s nothing racist about it because it is a term of endearment in the south, specifically.
here it is:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao

https://twitter.com/fritolaysia/status/1224354151125192704?s=19

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

kidkissinger posted:

everyone, please give bernie your energy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnb8RoFPGgA

I'm very excited about tonight

Gonna smoke a fat blunt to the success of the Inevitabernie

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Anyone genuinely swayed to vote Bloomberg has oatmeal in place of a brain. Their support will evaporate once a few primaries fill out.

Speaking of, looks like Bloomberg's opening his Seattle HQ on 2nd ave next to Waterfall Park near Pioneer Square

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rest in piss Diamond Joe.

Laughing my rear end off at Klobb and Butt taking his voters

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PepsiOverCoke posted:

Quick update. Klobuchar, Pete, Warren all have precinct captains here.
Just got off the phone with the Klob person.

Bernie has noone here. Nor Biden.

*frantically dials MSNBC* Boy have I got an on-the-ground scoop fo ryou!!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
for real tho I'm glad we've got someone on the ground confirming for us that Bernie's campaign is the only one taking this caucus seriously and trying to turn out voters instead of sitting on their asses in the caucus locations hours ahead of time for whatever reason.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Grouchio posted:

Wait who's the source?

PepsiOverCoke posted:

Quick update. Klobuchar, Pete, Warren all have precinct captains here.
Just got off the phone with the Klob person.

Bernie has noone here. Nor Biden.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Looks like a mock caucus mainly measures which campaign's supporters treat politics like a LARP while other campaigns are out working on turning out for the real thing.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

VitalSigns posted:

Or possibly it measures which campaign's internals have them desperate enough to spend effort gaming playtime caucuses just to get some good news

Oh man, you're right. I hadn't even considered that campaigns would have allocated a nonzero amount of resources to what were basically fun "this is how democracy works" classtime exercises

that's a lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Calibanibal posted:

My lover and I
Great, now this is how I will forever picture you in my mind

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

oh man :kiss: You love to see it. I can't wait for this to play out more and more on a larger scale tonight.

All aboard the Bern Bus :bernin:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

The centrist lane pulled in more than half the vote.

Too bad the centrist lane isn't a candidate.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
One thing that gives me hope this time around is the near-total death of the "vote lesser of two evils" argument. Not a single non-affluent non-financially-comfortable or privileged person I know or have talked to buys it anymore.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

twice burned ice posted:

If you're struggling with this concept, you're too dumb for help

If you're presented with a trolley problem where you can switch the trolley from a track that would kill 6 people to a track that would kill 2, are you really going to sit there and go 'welp nothing to be done here'?

Too bad the election can't be boiled down to a simple trolley problem arithmetic, or this might be a weak argument in your favor.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

How are u posted:

Because I'm not so loving privileged that 4 more years of trump is something I can shrug my shoulders about and sit smug in my own leftist purity.
Nah, you're just privileged enough that the people who die under a Buttigieg (or whoever) administration don't matter to you because they're not people you see and therefore can pretend to care about.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I'm so excited for the next 4% of precincts that went to Buttigieg

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't think it really matters who anyone in this thread caucused for, unless you're planning to hurl a bunch of insults if the answer was "not Bernie". They can say it if they want to, but if you just can't read their posts without knowing their candidate preference, then you should probably just put them on ignore rather than endlessly hounding them to demand an answer over and over again.
It's not about "hurling insults if the answer is not bernie" it's about knowing where someone stands. That actually matters in politics and especially in elections. Nobody's required to say who they stand for but if someone refuses to actually say who they're voting for then others are right to treat them, their arguments, and their positions with suspicion, because it evidences a certain lack of good faith.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Wowzers. Maybe Symone is a bernie 2020 deep cover agent :tinfoil:

DreamingofRoses posted:

has to prove their leftist credentials to be listened to.
It's not about proving leftist credentials or being listened to. It's about knowing where they stand. I don't actually care if they caucused for Butt or Biden or Klob, but it provides a necessary context for where they're arguing from and what they're arguing for.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PepsiOverCoke posted:

Or, get this, it doesn't matter first of all, second of all if you DID read my posts you would know I'm not a precinct captain for any campaign. There isnt' any dancing, I'm just responding to nasty comments from other posters.

Okay, here is me asking nicely and respectfully because I'm genuinely curious: Who do you support in the primary? Who did you vote/caucus for?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PepsiOverCoke posted:

I told you, I'm all in for Bloomberg, pay attention.
Sorry, the thread's been moving a lot faster than usual and I'm following multiple threads on the primary at this point so I've had to skip pages. Thank you for answering.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I guess the dnc was able to find enough cards and registrations to invalidate to get the result they wanted

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

permaban every dumb motherfucker who was shittalking people calling this entire thing extremely suspect holy gently caress

the democratic party must be destroyed

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

What error and how?

He's making a joke about the patrick/steyer votes being added by editing the vote totals he posted earlier in the thread. It was an okay joke but for such a serious subject it's to be expected it wouldn't land for a lot of people. Like I got it and it was just okay.

On another topic, I like how some people automatically treat anything requiring a nonzero amount of coordination or planning as conspiracies or conspiratorial thinking, and treat it as though it's ridiculous on its face that a group of people with shared goals and interests could ever orchestrate anything or capitalize on chaos to take actions favorable to those goals and interests.

Like, conspiracies exist y'all. They happen. If anything, automatically disregarding even the mere possibility of any kind of coordinated action is sheer idiotic lunacy.

e: basically this, too

Lemming posted:

The only justification you could have for not seeing that this thing is completely loving transparently election fraud is if you're in denial about it and don't want to accept we live in a fake Democracy

Which I can empathize with, it's loving scary, but it's also real

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

I guess old news but the Nevada Dems were going to use Iowa's caucus app too and they've dropped it after this clusterfuck.

They dropped it but they're apparently looking at other apps lmao

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Solkanar512 posted:

Distrust the DNC and the IDP all you want, they deserve it. But don't fall into those patterns of assuming that everyone is out to get you without evidence and don't lie about the support of your allies because they want to see some evidence first. We're all on the same loving side here.

Nobody's doing that, we're reacting to the mountains of evidence that's laying clear as loving day before our eyes.

Don't fall into patterns of assuming that everything that would require coordination on the level of "talking to each other and agreeing on a shared goal" is conspiracy nonsense to be automatically dismissed, because it makes you look like a cartoon ostrich with your head in the sand.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hahahahahaha god bless nate zinc

I actually had a couple people tell me during calls/texts that they were going with Biden for now because he had the highest chance to win on 538, this should help with whatever that demographic could be called.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I gotta say, the arguments I've heard against non secret voting seem less like arguments against open votes and more like arguments against capitalism.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Makarov_ posted:

Everyone other than Pete (who has 0 resources deployed post-NH) finishing below viability would be awesome.

While true, he probably got some more attention from big donors. How quickly can he raise and deploy resources is what I'd be curious to see.

But it won't matter because ain't nothing stopping the Berninator

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PepsiOverCoke posted:

But yeah lets make fun of the Pete supporters for being mad about Bernie RIGGING THE SATTELITE sites, just everyone chillax.

I agree actually, it's pretty hilarious. (E: also not rigging, but you and i both know that)

Hey at least your boy Bloomberg is still in the game! And not a cheat, either (yet)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Bernie won.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PepsiOverCoke posted:

My point was that if its right to make fun of/mock them for claiming that Bernie was "RIGGING THE CAUCUS" with satellite precincts, then its equally right to make fun of/mock Bernie supporters who said Pete was "RIGGING THE CAUCUS" by winning a few coin flips and/or some rural areas or somehow hax0ring an app.

False equivalence. But why do you care so much about this if you support Bloomberg? You should be looking ahead to Super Tuesday.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LionArcher posted:

Just a heads up. Not only have I switched to voting for Bernie in Oregon, I was able to convince two friends to switch from voting warren to him last night over drinks. :)

Welcome! We're going to win, friend :)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Is "momentum" really a thing or just a buzzword? Are people actually changing their votes based on that?

A not-insignificant number of people like to vote for a winner. Winning also changes how various prognosticators read the tea leaves to figure out how future contests might break, and a not-insignificant number of people pay attention to these fortune-tellers, and vote based on things like "who's leading on 538"

Momentum is a real thing. It's not everything, but it can't be ignored either.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Maybe if Cheat Buttigieg didn't want to be called a cheat he shouldn't have tried to steal the Iowa momentum at every possible opportunity! Now he's just going to look like a big idiot that would be easily steamrolled in any but the lily-whitest of districts.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh my loving god lmao

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/1225468833458245632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmfaoooooooooo

https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/1225472426894647296

clawing my eyes and face laughing as I slowly turn into the joker