Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Someone slap Joe's hand away and start jabbing him back. Why does he touch people?

Those Secret Service bullets would kill you, but they'd also murder the Biden campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/LucianaLamb/status/1223588396599336963?s=20

if you don't think the rashida tlaib thing is only making centrists look bad you're not paying attention

Her "fellow woman of color, Hillary Clinton?" Yeah that's a bad look

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

that's how iowa caucus math works (the precinct is done correctly)

the precinct elects 8 delegates. the formula only awarded 7. in these cases, the person closest to earning another delegate (which means they are closest to a .5 decimal) gets a delegate. if there is still another delegate that needs to be awarded, the next closest gets another and so on

I could instantly see that the math contradicts the instructions twice.

First, they're using a form for where AT LEAST FOUR candidates are awarded, and second the rounding conventions described on the sheet are ignored.

E: mb, i misread delegates on the first point

moths fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 4, 2020

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

no, they follow it correctly. it's at least four DELEGATES (it elects 8). the shot cuts off the instructions on what to do if not all the delegates are awarded by the formula. (since the rounding conventions only awarded 7 out of 8 delegates, the next delegate goes to the candidate closest to earning another delegate)

That's fair, I misread one for the other.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

In the only country where this happens regularly.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Xombie posted:

"I swear I won't release the hostage this time" doesn't really work as a negotiating tactic when you've always released the hostage in the past.

:ssh: The only reason Hillary lost is because Bernie voters stayed home

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Biden, presumably.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

spunkshui posted:

I’m curious why this matters.

Right to work, civil service, lovely family, or any of a thousand other reasons. Anyone whose livelihood hinges on 1) a chud authority figure or 2) maintaining an appearance of political impartiality would have reasons to not make massive public contribution.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The tierra- wearer has to be an anti-Pete demonstrator, right? Right?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

When called on again to address the actual question of why they're targeting black people, he dives straight into "a strategy of targeting" dangerous and violent offenders.

Then he talks about dead teenagers, as if anyone else couldn't recall where his strategy leads.

:rip:ete

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It'll definitely come back later if he makes it to SC.

He tried to answer that question with a straight-faced "because the black ones are dangerous."

Which ok it was an answer, and it's probably the closest he's come to expressing what he actually thinks, but that was horrifying peek behind his mask.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

ManBoyChef posted:

That is a really powerful force to come up against. Am I wrong to be worried?

The last time the media and a party colluded against the "wrong candidate," it turbo rammed Trump into the presidency, despite several indications he didn't actually want the job.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

This morning MSNBC was talking about "voting blue no matter who" but was incapable of discerning who has won every contest so far, and it's all a big mystery who that "blue" will be. Maybe Bloomberg? It's just so darn hard to tell!

Like, am I alone in knowing Bloomberg would basically be worse than trump because he's just palatable Trump?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Warren stuffing Bloomberg in a locker was satisfying, but then repeatedly slamming it to punctuate "How many is a few, Mike?" was pure Vince McMahon gif.

His NDA skeletons really needed to be dumped on him by a woman. Anyone else going that hard on him would looking like a bully.

Biden surprised me with a good performance, but his needing Sanders felt petty in the shadow of Bloomberg's bloodbath. Bringing up that he alone has met the Mexican president could have been a moment, but his timing was off.

Pete trying to play himself as a middleground between the best and worst candidates was basically the tagline for his whole campaign, complete with *also I am a real Democrat. Son, you're not even a real boy.

Poor Klob just wanted to go home.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Hassle unlimited women.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Any lawyers here? That statement in itself seems like it would be a violation of the NDAs he made them sign, and open him up to having them declared void

Not a lawyer here, but he deliberately couched it in enough maybes and obfuscation that you'd be hard pressed to tell which NDA he was describing.

I guess that's the advantage of being a total skeeve.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Are they supposed to have signatures or no signatures? I'm not a NV voter but I've somehow heard both already.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I've been mentally pronouncing it as boot the same way as tears up reads as crying or ripping paper in context.

It's just shorthand with a humorous coincidence. I feel like it's a good sign for society when his supporters need to stretch this far to cite evidence of homophobia.

Even ten years ago, a gay presidential candidate would have been a constant late night comedy punchline.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Trump has managed to degrade trust in government and media to the point where a manufactured Russian Bernghazigate isn't going to phase anyone.

It's an interesting play though, since the argument seems to rely on yelling THEY DID IT BEFORE and THAT NEVER HAPPENED simultaneously.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I never associated the phrase with Dany, just GoT as a whole. If I in the minority with that?

I'm pretty sure like half the characters use it in relation to the other half of the characters. Nobody seriously thinks Bernie will go dragon loco besides Chris Matthews

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Scooter_McCabe posted:

You think Bernie would let that smear attack go?

His actual words were "a woman can be president in 2020 over my dead body," Warren just couldn't connect the dots.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Derpies posted:

NUMBER GO DOWN

It's early to call this, but I fully expect Wall St to tank itself on the eve of the election to make everyone think it's Bernie's fault and everybody will instinctively blame Trump.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Xombie posted:

In a normal primary, the news would actually report on the leading candidate insulting a veteran over a legitimate question.

This will absolutely get dug up for the general if Biden is the nominee, btw.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Pick posted:

Bernie himself, on Maddow, this week, said he and Warren were essentially the same on policy, so if her policies are Republican policies, his are too.

Warren's stated policies are progressive.

Her lovely half-measures and sandbagging are Republican af.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Can somebody give me the bullet points as to why Biden is a shoe in loser to Trump?

We’re about to go through a summer of massive infrastructure strain from the pandemic yet in the mists of overloaded hospitals, supply chain disruptions, economic turmoil the mass of the electorate who was +4 million or whatever it was for Hillary is going to all the sudden be like yeah, need more of that Trump!

I don’t get it.

Biden has been getting a free pass because if the harmful optics of curb stomping the frail old folksy man (who was Obama's friend!)

That will absolutely change if he gets the nomination. He's spent most of his career hanging targets on himself, but he's really doubled down on it this season.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I feel like if the Good Centrist that isn't a Republican with a paintjob existed, science would have found it by now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's loving amazing that Democrats still laud compromise in a world where McConnell exists.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

thewalk posted:

Biden won for the shallow reasons I gave you. Absorb it. Accept it. A fake democrat president biden is still better than die hard republican trump for passing laws created by a democrat congress

... and to everybody's surprise, the real Online Tough Guys were Biden Bros all along.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Baronash posted:

Complaining about the opinions of randos on Twitter is loving stupid.

That was the signature move in complaining about Bernie Bros, it's extremely fitting to see it reversed.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Wicked Them Beats posted:

People saying this is the thing that will destroy Trump's reelection are waaaaaay too optimistic. Maybe if it had happened in September, but we're a long way from the election and anything could happen.

:agreed:

By November all anyone will remember is that Trump got us through this crisis.

He's a blank slate upon which chuds project images of an ideal president.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

I don’t know if Biden drives down turnout. Old people seem to like him enough that they turned out in large enough numbers to not only cancel out, but drive down the youth share of the vote, despite increased youth turnout in raw numbers.

The olds have already done their part in voting FYGM, so if Bernie is off the ballot in November they'll have no incentive to turn out.

Trump may be a crude loudmouth, but by god Sanders said Cuban literacy was good. They already know they can survive a second Trump administration, and have been assured Biden will win anyway.

Once the red scare's off the table, boomers will stay home.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It would also have been a lot harder to blackout Sanders if he'd been 50% of the candidates from the start.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Apogee15 posted:

Wishful thinking. Voters have a short memory. If they lose this election, Trump will finish his term, and 8 years of a republican president is almost always a free win for the next democratic candidate.(just like 8 years of a D president almost always results in an R president).

Calling it now: Mitt Romney's 2024 run as a Democrat will be stupidly successful.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Like attracts like.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Trump is a loving idiot making decisions by spinning the Thunderdome wheel, but "give everybody a thousand bucks, hope for the best" isn't even an option on Biden's magic 8-ball.

They're turbo-hosed come November, especially if Trump rebrands populist left.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Lol if you think Biden's plan would get past a Republican Senate.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Using 'Biden' and 'corruption' interchangeably is a completely understandable error.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm very doubtful that Biden will live to see the convention.

I'm somewhat skeptical that he's alive right now, tbh.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

organized to vote for a different candidate.

Hillary's path to the nomination.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Why is he standing in front of a green-screen photo of his study?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Lester Shy posted:

This poo poo is turning me into a conspiracy theorist in real time.

The only lesson the Dems got from Trump is that a loyal base will swallow, excuse, or justify anything.

The problem with that video, besides the lighting, is the perspective. Nothing in the background is the correct size relative to Biden unless he's been shrunken down to 4'11" by using the Phantasm resurrection process to revivify him for this.