Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Where are these polls that show Bernie struggling against Trump head to head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spiffster posted:

Isn’t hoarse a Goon? I could have sworn I saw them post here once but I might be imagining it

At one point.

Basically anyone with a dry sense of humor in their mid thirties on up was at one point a goon.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

holy poo poo it's dusty in here

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1223342032413962240?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

McNamara also helped developed modern seat belt practices so it's safe to say he's both killed and saved the most people in human history.

Fog of war is fantastic and you should watch it if you haven't.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

Given the choice between energizing your base and gaining temporary points with voters like that, you should choose to energize your base every. single. time.

But...this is the year the north atlanta burbs finally bring us georgia!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Office Pig posted:

What compels you to believe this idea that flies in the face of Warren's actions and stated strategies for this primary? She literally wants to be coronated by party bosses, that does not gel with someone who would endorse Sanders.

because the same people that are probably floating this nonsense tried the same poo poo against obama in 2008, and then hillary finally bit the bullet and endorsed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Is anyone watching the Des Moines Register poll that's being streamed at 8 CST?

https://features.desmoinesregister.com/news/politics/iowa-caucuses/final-iowa-poll-results/

Well I am now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mayo Pete getting ahead of bad numbers

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

biden's looking like something a goon would have an inflatable tub in.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In what world is Michelle Obama part of the OG squad?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

blah

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1223963028904980480?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I'm gonna be so happy when Mayo Pete is off my TV..... At least for 2 years. I doubt he'll ever really go away.

What's his next play? He's not going to win a statewide election in Indiana and he's not going to be able to run for President in 2024.

He's going to lead up that next generation of lanyard dipshits who want fight against the overton window's leftward shift.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Djarum posted:

Pete is just moderate enough that he can win statewide in Indiana and will have massive name recognition coming out of the Presidential campaign. He could always run for Governor but I have a feeling he wants in on DC politics.

He absolutely wants in DC. That's where all the good bribes/wine caves are.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Were we this anxious going into the 2018 midterm elections?

We're always this anxious. We're loving sick.

Difference with the midterms is that the results kept trickling in over the course of two weeks.

We'll all reach orgasm simultaneously tonight.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

McConnell might even prefer Biden to Trump. Gets all the cover he needs to crush social security, none of the trump drama.

At one point Biden sabotaged some progressive, popular stuff the dems were working on in the senate. It was going to fail and hang around McConnell's neck, then Biden swooped in like "I worked with these guys. let me handle it. trust me I know Mitch." and just sunk everything.

I'll try to find the article.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grouchio posted:

I'm not getting stomachaches but my blood pressure feels high and jittery. Another 8 hours of waiting. Godamn I need to calm down.

This isn't to you specifically, but just because we had a lot of incidents in 2016 election night, please guys go to the hospital if you feel like something is wrong.

A lot of goons are getting to the age where things aren't just random aches and pains. If you feel like something is wrong, believe it's wrong and get treated, please.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Claire McCaskill and Eugene Robinson straight up saying caucuses are unfair lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I've been working, how are the results looking?

msnbc is prognosticating like the establishment has been butchered

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It'll be interesting to see if they can craft a narrative strong enough to discount iowa entirely in favor of biden, or if they realize he's damaged goods and move on to uh, um, bloomberg?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao yang might be dead.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

claire mccaskill please go away and never return.

edit

uh actually claire mccaskill is now saying the "college vote" is where bernie is going to "run up the score."

makes me wonder if they know he's murdering everything and they're trying to disregard it by saying it's just college kids.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Warren and Biden didn't meet viability in Dubuque.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sydin posted:

I'm skeptical she's dropping out of the race after one completely, hilariously hosed up caucus in which she appears poised to be a strong #3. Unless her whole plan hinged on winning Iowa and hoping that could propel her to victories in other pre-super tuesday states she's currently polling like poo poo in I guess? That's a bad plan though.

She probably needed a stronger showing to raise money.

She's broke apparently.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

So uh.

Who the gently caress is Mike Bloomberg?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Eric Swalwell is on CNN pumping for Bloomberg LOL

Can’t believe our first millennial presidential candidate would betray mayor Pete like this.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Please someone just pour him a cup of warm milk and put him to bed.

This is abuse.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uglycat posted:

Local news noticed, asked his office about it, he put out a statement saying he supported the event, but had a prior engagement. He showed up to barback the event.

Few years later he came out. Huh.

Sorry but I thought "barback" was a misspelling for a second.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Behold!

https://twitter.com/franklinleonard/status/1225943621800607745?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Booing and chanting "Wall Street Pete" :allears:

i thought they were saying R-I-P

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

Aren't there a whole bunch of executive orders and poo poo he can(and will) do that even if nothing else would be really positive?

Reverse basically everything Trump has done, declare state of emergency for climate change, abolish student loan debt etc.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm glad he's finally getting knife'd for this but lol

https://twitter.com/Warrior_4Truth/status/1226640926958870529?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kidkissinger posted:

These people are so loving sad

Dude just loves cheering on cheaters.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oxsnard posted:

if sanders sweeps all four, it doesn't matter what bloomberg does IMO

That’s not the narrative the media will create and you know it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WampaLord posted:

How much have media narratives influenced the actual election results so far?

A poo poo load after the Iowa debacle.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Please just let joe biden go to sleep.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Neither Warren or Biden will hit 15% per msnbc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

we got overconfident and underestimated butt's appeal post iowa

things should be better moving forward

biden and warren might be dead

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mat Cauthon posted:

This seems...real bad.

This is politics.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lez go bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Zesty posted:

I would have expected the second choice for Biden supporters would have been Pete. That's good!

Biden’s support has always largely been name recognition so that makes sense.