Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Looking forward to Bernie crushing in Iowa. Let's start this train a'rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

:laffo:

e: this is not going to go the way those absolute fuckers think it is.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Honj Steak posted:

LOL at the US electoral system being like a sports league. No wonder you treat politics like that.

Proto political parties got their start in the Roman Empire as fan clubs of specific chariot racing teams. Our system sucks, but you can go gently caress yourself for looking down your nose. Human politics in general is stupid, dirty, and more important than anything else.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
lol what the gently caress? why not release the poll?

I had a great conversation with a very clean-cut college prep looking Pete campaign worker today and, uh, he did not have an answer for why he was in with Pete other than "we need to unify the country" so there you go.

e: he did not have an answer when I asked what sort of across-the-aisle compromise could possibly be realistic under a presidency of any of the candidates. Nice kid, but not ready for prime time.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hoping today is an amazing day for Bernie. Work hard, Iowa goons!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Been listening to the Revolutions podcast for some years and I imagine this is how every young man who dared to dream of a better world felt. We're in good company there, no matter what happens in the end.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

HonorableTB posted:

I know we're all about ideological purity here but the amount of people going after PepsiOverCoke and how vitriolic they are is pretty gross. Dude stepped up to be a precinct captain and many people in this thread are savaging him because he supported a different Dem but ran a fair caucus. Jesus Christ folks it's not like we're dealing with a chud here

Uh, welcome to the Dem primary thread? I got this avatar because I had the gall to say Warren was 2nd best in the field after Bernie.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I want Bernie to be the nominee more than anything. If he's not though, I will be out there loving knocking doors for Pete "the rat" or Senile Joe because we can't take 4 more years of Trump.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Arglebargle III posted:

Why would you start your negotiation by saying "push me hard enough and I'll cave"? SMH making the same mistakes Obama did.

Because I'm not so loving privileged that 4 more years of trump is something I can shrug my shoulders about and sit smug in my own leftist purity.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Taima posted:

The whole PMC thing is loving weird. Apparently according to wikipedia it's basically anyone with a degree, and explicitly includes teachers, social workers and academics?

These are generally not powerful or notable people in today's society (obviously people like teachers should be notable, but they aren't).

The way people have been using PMC in this thread, I thought it was for sure like Silicon Valley techbros, lawyers, middle management etc. but I guess that was never, academically speaking, the intention of the term.

The people who use that term hate liberals more than fascists.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

yronic heroism posted:

Yeah, respect to people owning their mistakes ITT but the next level is considering their own confirmation biases the next time some rando tweets “Fwd:Fwd:Fwd: dnc FRAUD!” Right now it’s p much “confirmation bias the thread” and likely will be for months.

People are reacting with their, understandably, extremely strong feelings and not thinking with their heads. I get it, and I try not to hold it against them, but sometimes it can get really bad.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

spouse posted:

With fascists, I can just throw facts and actual arguments at them until they run out of backpedaled talking points and they start yelling about the JQ and how much of a cuck soyboy I am.

poo poo lib. Lanyard. Neoliberal ghoul. PMC.

Y'all have a lot in common when it comes to throwing insults.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

PepsiOverCoke posted:

Its mainly why i think Pete can beat Sanders. If people go into things thinking they have a slam dunk, go on media with this, and then someone from Pete or even Warren crew goes "uh no [explains the rules]" it makes Bernie look like an absolute idiot in comparison.

I know the candidate or even the campaign is saying this stuff, but..you see how many shares we got.

gently caress, they had MayorCheat trending on Twitter, that does not exactly engender goodwill once people realize that it was the IDP and not Pete. Its really what is driving people away from Bernie at this point, anecdotally.

I love Bernie Sanders and I wholeheartedly believe he is the best candidate, and the one that we need the most. His campaign is loving top-notch. They are disciplined, organized, and on point.

His dogshit aggro fans on Twitter and itt do a huge disservice to him and his mission.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Herewaard posted:

Twitter literally does not matter and if you think it does you definitely need to log off for a while

The "Bernie Bro" narrative is entirely derived from Twitter and other online spaces. You never see Bernie supporters harassing people in the real world. They're always super polite, super positive, and in it to win it. It's only online that extremely angry leftists (angry for good reasons! I'm angry too!) attack center-left folks like rabid loving dogs and shout about Bernie while doing it.

It's counter-productive, if cathartic, and it has absolutely fed into a narrative about Bernie's supporters being bad.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

spouse posted:

I have never heard a fascist use any of those. Okay, maybe shitlib, but they use it to refer to anyone they perceive to be left wing at all. :shrug:

I meant that they have their stupid glib insults, and you have yours.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

This dude 110% isn't a Bernie supporter. He might begrudgingly vote for Bernie but he absolutely isn't a Bernie supporter.

Bernie is my candidate, guy. I'm not Bernie or Bust, but that doesn't make me less of a supporter. He's the person we need to change the narrative in this country and advocate untiringly for social justice, environmental justice, and racial justice.

e: i'm sure it's weird to find Bernie supporters who don't conform to your very online something awful leftist mold.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

joepinetree posted:

If in an election where there's this much difference between the candidates, your main concern is over insults that you've had to deal with, you are a fundamentally immoral person

You don't have to worry about my vote, brah. I'm voting for Bernie in the primary. He's my guy.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
loving fantastic to see the Iowa results getting tighter and tighter in Bernie's favor.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Holy poo poo lol forever he's actually going to win all three metrics. His team was so smart to never say a word of complaint about fairness(just a little bit of light teasing about how long the process was taking)

Maybe take your cues from Bernie's team next time?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

reignonyourparade posted:

It's the something awful forums, we're not campaigning we're discussing, who gives a gently caress.

It makes this thread a toxic environment to anybody who isn't on your specific Bern or Bust wavelength. Then you actively work to drive them out.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Gunthen posted:

Hes different then Sanders, not supporting him for potus, but I think there's a lot of merit in taking UBI seriously as we enter an age of increased automation.

Yeah, but the conversation should start at $5,000 a month.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Thoguh posted:

This was absolutely 100% coordinated with his campaign they couldn't be more open about it. They released this poo poo five minutes before he went on stage.

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1225599245807341568?s=19

Bleh. When he first appeared on CNN he was a fresh face saying "pack the courts" and "Medicare for all". That he so effortlessly pivoted to the center to remake himself told me all I needed to know.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m beginning to lose hope. It feels like the forces arrayed against Bernie are too powerful to be defeated by electoral politics. Especially since the gatekeepers of power and arbiters of the rules are the same people who’s interests Bernie conflicts with.

I think Pete will tie or win New Hampshire and it’ll go downhill after Nevada. I don’t have the nerves to deal with this anymore. It feels like schoolyard games where your opponents make up new house rules on the fly when you start winning.

Get involved. Either with Bernie or a local progressive candidate. Working towards the solution helps immensely.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Kraftwerk, if it helps, you can just decide who you're going to vote for in the general, now. Let's not discuss who that is, in the primary thread, but just remember there is always a blank line and you can write anything you want there, and that you can just decide to do that and what name you're going to write in, right now. And if the Democrats want to benefit from that, the ball is in their court.

Or you could quit being a baby about it and work your rear end off to elect even Pete the rat because every one of these Dems has a good shot against Trump and 4 more years of Trump isn't going to teach your enemies a lesson and will in fact obliterate the last environmental protections the loving country still has and the climate apocalypse you Bernie or Busters like to shout about as the reason that Bernie must win is loving guaranteed.

Christ, you fuckers are exhausting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Office Pig posted:

Pete Buttigieg is backed by the exact kind of people who are driving Trump's environmental deregulation and the only difference is that oafs like you are too embarrassed to admit you're voting for the same platform polished over with limp platitudes designed to reassure your completely empty sense of self worth.

I'm voting for Bernie because he's the President we need.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Not voting for DNC candidates for as long as the DNC takes its present form. Sorry not sorry.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I don't give a gently caress about the LGBTQ folks and the PoC who are being oppressed by Trump and his Republicans right now, and I don't care what happens to them in his 2nd term. I also don't give a gently caress about the environment.

Bernie or Bust, let it burn.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Sextro posted:

When will the endless parade of idiots stop kramering in here to suggest we compromise to bring in some tiny group of abhorrent idiots? Gotta get them "pro-life" blue dog, transphobic, racist, NIMBY, anti-vax votes!! They may stand against some very basic tenets of leftism but we need every vote!

gently caress off.

:lol: if you purity-test out all the anti-vaxers you'll lose 30% of Bernie's supporters easily. It's absolutely rife in America.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

Yup, that's what posts on Something Awful are doing, making 30% of voters not show up.

So many of you act like all of America is lurking this thread. We can insult stupid voting demographics here (like pro lifers) and there will be 0 effect on the actual election.

There are 564 people browsing D&D right now. If you mind controlled all of them to vote how you wanted, you still wouldn't make a difference in a national election.

ETA: This is in the new D&D rules even - "Posting does not affect real world politics"

:what:

Nobody thinks the forums are influencing the greater electorate. People do, however, have a problem with half a dozen of you guys acting like utter assholes all the time.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

I dunno whenever Trump tries to dunk on someone I end up laughing at him as much as his target. That's barely coherent.

Someone being pro-life should upset you a lot more than us being shitheads towards them.

I don't give a gently caress, because he's voting for Bernie.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

I don't get this hostility.

Unless I missed something, literally the only "compromise" this Griffen person wants is poo poo any good leftists want to do anyway since it was all either not having women put in situations they gotta make choices they don't want, or making it so women can actually be supported choosing what they do want. Like, I think they're wrong about the basic facts, but y'all attacking them on how we don't need to make compromises and gently caress'em for thinking we should, but they didn't even ask us to make any and just said they were hoping for stuff we should be cool with anyway to happen.

The guys attacking him are high on their own supply and lash out at anybody who isn't part of their particular groupthink. It's the entire history of this stupid primary thread.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Sextro posted:

Holy poo poo. How is this so hard for you assholes to get through your loving neanderthal skulls? You make me want to get an abortion just to spite your dumb asses.

You will vote for Bernie Sanders, his policies will increase sex ed quality, access to childcare, ability for families to feed themselves, ability for families to have a roof over their heads, and access to healthcare reducing the number of abortions.

He will not compromise on access to abortions in any way. They are a human right like all health care. If you don't vote for Bernie Sanders and do everything you can to support him and get him elected, and then continue to support his platform and the politicians he supports to bring that platform into existence with every fiber of your being you are actively increasing how many abortions will take place in this country.
Get on board or gently caress off.

Not one person said "Bernie Sanders needs to change his stance on abortion rights". You seem awfully agitated.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I think you'll find that How are u supports Bernie and that's why all his posts are complaining about other people who support Bernie. Be better.

Pretty much.

This thread is full of the worst Bernie supporters I've ever seen (I don't use Twitter, I hear it's even worse there), which sucks because Bernie and his Campaign loving rule and are winning on a platform of hope and change and dreaming loving big.

You and a bunch of other Bernouts in this thread are hugely aggravating and are terrible representatives of the movement.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Buckle up buckaroo cause it's going to get much uglier before things are over.

2008 was *really* bad, but I'm anticipating a good chunk of the corporatist poo poo-wing of the party going berserk when Bernie looks like he's going to take it.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Sampatrick posted:

This is like the literal worst way of saying this imaginable

This plus the guy a few days ago who was wistfully wishing there was a left wing organization unaffiliated with Bernie that could beat up and intimidate people to keep them from voting is, uh, letting the mask slip a bit.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

RC Cola posted:

Why does everyone hate Pod Save America? I haven't ever listened to them, but I thought they were left leaning.

They're pretty good, you should listen and see what you think.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

RC Cola posted:

I appreciate all of the responses to my question. Would you recommend a few episodes, or should I just listen to the last 4 or so?

Definitely just start listening to the latest, they're very current events.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

I listen to every Pod Save and Lovett is far and away the guy who is both the most skeptical and down on Bloomburg and also overtly pro-Bernie.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's a good podcast, I enjoy it, and they're extremely clear in saying that if Bernie gets the majority of delegates he should be the nominee and anything otherwise would rip the party apart and give the election to Trump.

They're hardcore Vote Blue No Matter Who, and that extends to Bernie.

e: Keep doing your succ dem lanyard echo chamber poo poo, don't mind me. Your shitposting only makes my ignore list longer.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The Assassination of the Coward Bloomberg by Everybody Else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

That's not what is happening at all

Trump fired a guy because he said in a meeting "Russia is trying to help you win this election"

Trump fired a guy because that guy allowed one of his staffers to tell Congress that Russia is actively working to re-elect Trump. To be clear.