Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Current Turn/Phase: Turn 1 Battle Phase!

Wait, no that's not right...

WELCOME TO DUNE: The Board Game

After some chats in the dune thread, I've decided to run an LP of the Dune board game. Mostly in the hope of getting people to see this amazing game, and recapturing some of the glory of the long lost Twilight Struggle LP from 6 years ago.

The Rules, or Plans within plans
Dune is a strategic game for 6 players and in my opinion only 6 players. It involves a struggle for control of the planet Arrakis.
The game is divided into 9 (really 6) phases, which I will go into depth in the second post. The winner must control 3 of the 5 strongholds on the surface of Dune, which are in clockwise order: Carthag, Arrakeen, Tuek's Sietch, Habbanya Sietch and Sietch Tabr. If an alliance is formed, the alliance must control 4 of the 5 strongholds instead. The Map looks like so:

Game Phases and brief description:
1. Storm Phase - In this phase, the Fremen player will reveal the storm's movement (a number between 1 and 6) and move the storm that far. Any units not on Rock are destroyed by the storms passing, and units cannot be shipped into an area covered by the storm.
2. Spice Blow/Nexus - The top of the spice deck is revealed, and spice is dropped in that tile. If the card is Shai-Halud, a Worm appears, and devours the top card of the discard deck, destroying all spice and killing all units. A Nexus phase then begins, where players may form or break alliances.
3. CHOAM Charity - Any player with 0 or 1 spice will be given 2 spice by CHOAM Charity. The Bene Gesserit always collect this.
4. Bidding Phase - 5 Treachery cards are laid face down, and an auction begins on each card in sequence. The Atriedes Player can look at the card and may reveal what it is or charge players for the privilege. All payments are made to the Emperor. Once all 5 cards are bid on, we move to...
5. Revival - Players receive their free revival, and may pay to revive up to 3 units in total.
6. Shipment and Movement - Starting with the first player counterclockwise of the Storm, and proceeding counterclockwise, each player ships units to Dune and then moves them one by one.
7. Battle Phase - Starting again with the first player counterclockwise of the storm, each player resolves all their battles. They may choose in what order.
8. Collection Phase - Players collect spice off the game board. They may take a maximum of 2 spice per troop, or 3 if they control Carthag or Arrakeen. Carthag & Arrakeen give 2 spice to their controller, and Tuek's Sietch gives 1.
9. Mentat Phase - Check for a winner, and if there is no winner, have an ice cold Saphoo Root brew and kick back.

The 6 factions are:

House Atredies

The noble House of Atriedes, ruled by Duke Leto Atriedes of Caladan, is the family and faction of Paul, the protagonist of the book. The atriedes have decent leadership, and the power of limited prescience. They will be able to see Strategy cards in the bidding phase, whilst others bid blindly. The Atriedes also know where the next Spice Blow will happen, and can force an opponent to reveal a single part of their battle plan publicly. There is also a rumor that they might have the Kwizatz Haderach, but this is impossible as it is a full generation too early. :smug:

The Bene Gesserit Sisterhood

The sisterhood of the Bene Gesserit are omnipresent advisors, spies, spiritualists and generally schemey women. They have mastered superhuman abilities over thousands of years, and are now flaunting them in the battle for Arrakis. The Bene Gesserit arrive as a noncombatant spiritual advisor with other forces when they are shipped to Dune, and can flip into combatants at the start of any movement phase in any of the zones they occupy. They will automatically do this if the faction they were coexisting with leaves the territory. In addition, during a combat, the Bene Gesserit can use the Voice to force an opponent to modify their battle plan. The Bene Gesserit can also predict a winner and a turn, and if that player wins on that turn, the BG player will win instead lol.

The Emperor of the known Universe (House Corrino)

The Padishah Emperor's have ruled for 10,000 years, and Shaddam Corrino is intent to go on ruling. The Emperor maintains an elite, nearly unstoppable army known as the Sardaukar who are twice as strong as other factions units. In addition, during the strategy phase, all of the spice paid by other factions is paid to the Emperor, not the bank, leaving the Emperor fabulously wealthy almost all game. As a downside, the Emperor starts with all forces in reserve, with no holdings on Dune...

The Fremen

The Fremen are descendants of the Zensunni settlers on Arrakis generations ago, and have adapted their society, culture, physiology and fighting style to Dune itself. The Fremen's key advantage is that as the controllers of the vast desert of Arrakis, they don't need to pay the Guild to move onto the planet. In addition, they can move twice as far once on the game board. When a Worm appears, if it appears in a territory in which the Fremen are, they can ride the worm to any other territory. Additionally, they know how far the storm will move around the game board and when caught by it only lose half of their men. Finally, the Fremen have their own small group of Fedaykin, who are double strength troops. In fact, the Emperor's sardaukar don't offer any advantage against the hardened Fremen!

The Spacing Guild

The Guild have a complete monopoly on Interstellar Travel, and jealously guard it. For this reason, anyone moving to Arrakis who isn't the Fremen, has to pay the guild 1 spice per unit. The Guild itself, pays half price to the bank. The Guild can also move from any territory to any other territory essentially, or back into their reserves. Lastly, they can move at any point during the movement turn, regardless of the turn order.

House Harkonnen

Lead by the vain and devious Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, this house is known for one thing: Treachery. At the start of the game, when players choose their traitors, The Harkonnen player will keep all of their traitors. In addition, any cards they win by bidding will be supplemented with a card from the deck. They can also capture leaders.

:siren:Signup:siren:
PLEASE HAVE PM's ENABLED
Please register below by replying in a post with WORMSIGN. Please also put your favourite 3 factions in the post as I'll hand them out based on earlier post vs ranking.

Player List
Atriedes - Aces High
Bene Gesserit - Joe Chill
Emperor - The Merry Marauder
Fremen - Pheldagrif
Guild - Sebmojo
Harkonnen - ProfFrink

ADVANCED RULES
We're playing with all but one as they are cool and good. They are:
Karama Cards - A pain for the GM tbh, but these cards are hilarious. Their entire list of effects requires its own card.
Increased Spice Flow - There are two spice blows, one after the other.
Advanced rules on factions - I covered most of these above.

House Rules
Alliances are limited to 2 people.
Conditional Orders - For Example, If someone has a Karama card and wants to block Bene Gesserit using the voice during a combat, you can pre-load this by PM to me.
Deadlines There is a lot of downtime in Dune, so I would like to keep the game moving. I'd like to have a 48 hour turnaround on any action, with 24 hours for Karama/faction powers in response.

Turn 1
Game Start/Turn 1 Storm/Bidding
Turn 1 Movement Phase!
Turn 1 Movement Phase!

Links:
Rulebook - https://www.gf9games.com/dune/wp-content/uploads/Dune-Rulebook-.pdf
FAQ - https://www.gf9games.com/dune/wp-content/uploads/Dune-FAQ.pdf

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

DUNE RULES POST
Obligatory Quick start Link: https://www.gf9games.com/dune/wp-content/uploads/DUNE-Quick-start-Guide.pdf
Full Rules Link: https://www.gf9games.com/dune/wp-content/uploads/Dune-Rulebook-.pdf
Dune is a complex game, so I think it is best to explain the rules phase by phase:

1. The Storm Phase

Arrakis is devastated nonstop by sandstorms. These storms are represented in the game by a marker which moves on the 18 pie slices on the map. When it passes over a sand territory, it destroys all spice and units in that territory. When it stops over a rock territory, it locks movement into and out of that territory.

The storm also determines the first player, which is the player icon that is counter clockwise of the storm. If the storm is on top of a marker, the first player is the next player counter clockwise, and the one under the marker is last.

Initially, the storm movement is determined by the first and last player. Both players will take a battle wheel and dial it between 0-20. The storm will then move that many times, and the game will begin.

In subsequent turns, the storm will move between 1 and 6 zones using a deck of 6 cards. Each storm phase, the Fremen player will reveal the top card and move the storm that many times, then shuffle the deck. Once movement has been resolved, the Fremen player will look at the card, and know how far the storm will move next turn.

2. Spice Blow
On the Spice Blow phase, the first card of the spice deck is revealed and resolved. It will usually place a pre-determined amount of spice in a province, or reveal a worm card.

When a Worm is revealed, a Nexus occurs. During this phase, players can form and break alliances. Once the nexus is over, another card is flipped. Subsequent worm card's are discarded, but the Fremen player will cause a worm to strike

3. CHOAM CHARITY
If a player has 0-1 Spice, CHOAM Charity will give them 2 spice. The Bene Gesserit always collect this.
I will always enforce CHOAM Charity, as there is no downside to having extra spice.

4. Bidding
Players declare how many Treachery Cards they have. This is public information.
One Treachery Card will be turned face down for each person able to bid. You can bid as long as you are below your hand limit (4 for all players, except Harkonnen who have 8.)

The Atriedes player can see the current card to be bid on. He can sell access to this information, and may take notes on the card and who gets it.

The first card is then bid on, starting with the first player counterclockwise of the storm.
A player may pass, but this does not exclude them from future bidding.
A player who wishes to bid must bid at least 1 more spice than the previous bid.
Once a player has bid and all other players have passed, they win the card, and pay their bid to the Emperor, unless someone blocks it with a Karama card. If blocked, or if the Emperor wins the bid, that spice is paid to the bank.
Players with maximum hand size always pass, they may not bid.
Players may not bid more spice than they have.
To keep the game moving, there will be a 24 hour time limit before an auto-pass occurs on a bid.
Once all bidding is completed players should do a final count of hand size.

4. Revival Phase
Units and leaders destroyed are sent to the Tleilaxu Vats. During Revival, each player gets a free revival(s), and can pay 2 spice to revive each additional force, to a total limit of 3. This means if the Fremen have 3 free revives, they can't and don't pay anything to get their maximum of 3 force revivals, where as the Emperor gets 1 free and may pay for up to 2 more forces.

If all 5 of a players leaders are in the bank, they may pay for 1 leader to return per turn. That player pays a spice cost equivalent to that leaders value.

5. Shipping & Movement
Starting with the first player and moving counterclockwise, players may ship units to Dune, then move them. A player may move a unit from their reserves to any territory on the map at a rate of 1 spice per troop to a stronghold, or 2 to anywhere else. This cost is paid to the Guild. The Guild pay half price to the bank to ship units, rounded up. Players may not ship units to their reserves, except the Guild. All factions apart from the Bene Gesserit are accompanied by a Bene Gesserit Adviser, which will coexist with them.

When shipping or moving to an area with several sectors, such as False Wall South or Cielago North, a player must identify which sector they are placing units in.

Movement occurs after all shipping. Every unit on the board, including ones just shipped, may move once, at a range of 1 territory. No player may enter a territory with two players already inside it. Bene Gesserit advisers do not count to this.

ORNITHOPTERS - A player who starts a turn with a force in Carthag or Arrakeen may move it via Ornithopter. The forces within that stronghold can move up to 3 territories that turn.

Storm - The storm prevents movement through it. No force may move through, around into or out of the Storm. Sectors don't inhibit movement however, so it is possible to land in Cielago North if only one part of it is uncovered by the storm.

6. Battles
Starting with the first player, players resolve all their battles for the turn. They may resolve them in any order they like. Players may not battle if separated by a sector in a storm. Players NEVER battle in the Polar Sink, it is a safe space for all people.

When two players are fighting, they will form a Battle Plan. A Battle Plan consists of:
Number - This is the number of troops the player will commit to the battle. If they win, they will lose this many troops. This number cannot be higher than the troops they have in the battle.
Leader The player must select, if able, a leader card and send them into battle. Leaders may not fight in several territories during the same turn.
-A cheap hero card can be used.
Offensive treachery card - Either a poison or projectile weapon, or the Lasgun. This will kill the other person's leader unless they play the correct
Defensive Treachery Card - Either a Poison or Projectile defense.
A useless Treachery card may be used in either position, however you can only play one card in each "slot" so to speak.

Battle Resolution
First an example from the quick start rules

First, players reveal their battle plan. At this time, a player may reveal their TRAITOR card. If this happens, the losing player loses all units and cards, and the winning player loses nothing. The traitor leader is killed and sent to the tanks, and the winner gets spice equal to the leader's value. If two traitors are revealed, both players lose everything, and neither gets any spice.

Offensive Cards take a shot at the opposing leader. If they aren't defended against with the corresponding defense card, the enemy leader is killed and send to the tanks. Their combat value doesn't count. If a Lasgun and a shield are revealed, the entire territory is nuked, and every force/leader/item is discarded.

A player has a combat value, which is the value of their leader + the number of committed troops. The higher number wins. If there is a tie, the aggressor will win. If their leader is killed, the number they dialed is all that is left.

The winner collects spice equal to the value of leaders killed, including their own.They lose their committed troops to the tanks. The loser loses all forces in that territory.

8. Spice Collection
In territories with spice, players collect 2 of the available spice for every troop they have in that territory. If they own the strongholds at Carthag or Arrakeen since the start of the turn, they have Carryalls and harvesters that increases the rate to 3 spice per turn.

9. Mentat Pause Phase
Smoke some space weed.
Check for game end.
There will be an "end of turn" post with the game state.
Turn 10, if reached, will have a breakdown of the winner. By default, the Fremen will win on turn 10 if they meet conditions. If they do not, the Guild is the default winner as they have prevented any one faction from controlling Dune.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

WORMSIGN

Spacing guild, harkonnen, emperor

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I'll observe from my throne made of AI dildos on planet IX.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Many new machines on Ix :heysexy:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Don't have time to actually play but will observe like an Arrakis desert hawk.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Drat! I don't have PMs. I may have to contribute to the Lowtax spine fund.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

If it weren't for the fact I'm playing this IRL on Sunday and Thursday, I'd be in.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm very much looking forward to watching this.

If you want to see the game in action I very strongly recommend this quality four hour video. That's four hours after editing. They've made a second and third video as well which are slightly shorter since they don't need to explain the rules as much.

Oh and here's a review of it.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
WORMSIGN

Atreides, Emperor, Fremen

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

"Stun" may be a bit of a misnomer.
We have WORMSIGN the likes of which God has never seen.

Harks, Guild, Fremen

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
Watching with interest ; Think it's better that someone more skilled (with more time) will play, rather than me.

Aside,

Horsebanger posted:

the Kwizatz Haderach
Or, to translate, "the the jump ahead". Is this how I sound when attempting to speak English?

quote:

House Atredies

The Emperor of the known Universe (House Corrino)

House Harkonnen

Are games allergic to giving the houses consistent symbols? I mean, what's wrong with a red hawk, that everyone changing it all the time?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Gun Jam posted:

Are games allergic to giving the houses consistent symbols? I mean, what's wrong with a red hawk, that everyone changing it all the time?

Those are fan-made designs, so who knows

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"
This might make bidding faster, how about everyone bids at once via pm? Ties can be broken by some agreed measure and if the bid is still tied then biding starts again with a raised minimum.

WORMSIGN
Bene Gesserit
Fremen
Harkonnen

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Joe Chill posted:

This might make bidding faster, how about everyone bids at once via pm? Ties can be broken by some agreed measure and if the bid is still tied then biding starts again with a raised minimum.

I'm hesitant to do this as the bidding being public ads information to what people think the card is, especially with Atriedes and their "allies" knowing what it is.

I must admit I like the ideas I saw in this guys BGG forum post:

quote:

The GM announces the number of Treachery cards each faction holds.

The bidding is by open auction; players may place a bid for the card at any time and are not required to bid in order.
Every 24 hours that the game is in session a card will be placed up for bid, and the card bidding process takes 48 hours (two cards will be up for bid at the same time).
For each card up for bid the following will occur:
1. Atreides and other privileged parties will be told the identity of the card when the card is put up for bid. (Any payer may play a Karama card before bidding begins to cancel this effect.)
2. After 24 hours the high-bid will be announced.
3. At any time bidding will close if there has been 24 hours without a new bid. To expedite the game, players not wishing to bid should declare "pass."
4. After 48 hours the open auction has ended. If there is no undisputed winner then faction with the high-bid at the 24 hour mark and any factions that have bid after the high-bid announcement will engage in a second-price sealed bid auction via PM. In the event of a tie, a winner will be determined by player order, starting with the faction that was the 24 hour high-bidder.
Note: If you bid on a card, you are expected to purchase the card if you are able. You may not revoke a bid. If, because of concurrent bidding, you have bid more than you currently have, then your bid on the newest card will be reduced to your current spice holdings. If you are no longer able to claim a card because you have reached the maximum number of cards, your bid on any cards still up for auction will be withdrawn.
5. The winner of the card pays the Emperor. (The winner of the card may play a Karama card to avoid paying.)
6. If the winner of the card is Harkonnen, the player receives an additional card that is unknown to the Atreides. (Any player may play a Karama card to cancel this effect.)

Speeding it up is good, but bidding is as much a part of the game as movement/combat and I think silent auctions ruin it a bit.

4 of the 6 players are taken, We need a Fremen player and an Emperor.

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 1, 2020

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Horsebanger posted:

4 of the 6 players are taken, We need a Fremen player and an Emperor.

Heck yeah I'll WORMSIGN for Fremen.

Only played this once, as the Spacing Guild. Won by default in the last round. Looking forward to seeing how this game will go!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

WORMSIGN

House Atreides
Bene Gesserit
Fremen

I remember the last time this game was LPed here, that was a good time

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Horsebanger posted:

and recapturing some of the glory of the long lost Twilight Struggle LP from 6 years ago.
This was nice to read. :) It's not gone, though, the thread still exists in the archives with all the images intact: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632268

I don't think I can commit to playing a game like this long-term, but this does seem really cool and I'll be following it.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

So that's 6!

I've randomly determined order from the storm.

Our players will be, in order from Storm Start:

Bene Gesserit - Joe Chill

The Emperor - The Merry Marauder

House Harkonnen - ProfFrink

The Guild - Sebmojo

Fremen - Phelddagrif

House Atriedes - Aces High

I will send a PM with setup, which is static for some (Emperor) and variable for some (Fremen).
Joe Chill & Aces High will also both be asked to dial a battle wheel number for storm initial movement!

I'm definitely going to standardize using Scott's dune as the icons for the game, However I'll be throwing in some gifs and images from the movie's/games where appropriate.

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 1, 2020

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Sent PM's requesting starting info from people, its non conflicting so I'll set a long deadline of Tuesday, or whenever

Here's a Map sneak peak (with mandatory starts lol)

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 1, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'll bring a chairdog and whisper portently

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Just waiting on ProfFrink and SebMojo to acknowledge the start and select traitors.

As for traitors, do players want to me to auto-resolve traitors if a leader used against them is one?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Done.

I'm fine with automatic traitor reveals.

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

Automatic Traitors sounds ok, it'll help keep things moving.

Just sent my confirmation as well.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:munch:
Following this, this game always looks like an hoot.

Although, could someone explain why Alia is a Bene Gesserit leader? In the books, the BG consider people like her abominations to be killed on sight.
Oh, well, who cares, it doesn't really matter and allowances are to be made for a game, pedantic :fishmech: nitpick over.

I do think it's a nice touch is that lady Jessica is also a 5 strength, since she's a BG too.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Omobono posted:

Although, could someone explain why Alia is a Bene Gesserit leader?.

Loyalty to the sisterhood above all.

THE STORM IS MOVING AND THE GAME IS STARTING

my image is 7000x7000 pixels so I'm scaling it down lol.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Auto-resolve traitors sounds good to me.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is this the same Dune Boardgame that just got re-released recently?

My mate brought it for our boardgame nights and keeps trying to get us to play it but I took one look at the rules and veto'd

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yep, it's a classic.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
YA HYA CHOUHADA

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Gridlocked posted:

Is this the same Dune Boardgame that just got re-released recently?

My mate brought it for our boardgame nights and keeps trying to get us to play it but I took one look at the rules and veto'd

It's definitely a game from the 70s, but it's very very good at what it's intended to do (which is being a game from the 70s).

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Game Setup / Turn 1

A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct. This every sister of the Bene Gesserit knows.
- Princess Irulan, Manual of Muad'dib

Setup:
The Bene Gesserit player makes a Prediction!
Traitor cards are chosen! Harkonnen keep all 4.
Fremen choose to start with 1 Fedaykin, 4 Forces in Sietch Tabr, 2 Fedaykin, 3 Forces in False Wall South
The Treachery Deck is shuffled. Each player receives a Treachery Card
Harkonnen player receives extra treachery card

First Turn Storm Phase!
The first storm movement is entirely different to the rest, representing a random start to the storm. The player before and after the storm marker set battle dials and reveal them. The storm will move the sum total of that many sectors.

Ben Gesserit reveal 9
Atriedes reveal 10
Storm moves 19 Sectors!
As there are 18 sectors, this is a net movement of one in reality. It would sweep the entire map and kill anything not on rock
First player is now Emperor
Fremen player sent information on storm movement for Turn 2.

Spice Blow - Turn 1
First Blow:

8 Spice added to the Broken Land

SHAI-HULUD! Normally, this card would devour the dumped spice and cause a Nexus phase, however on turn 1, the rules for Shai-Hulud are to set it aside, draw another card and shuffle it back into the deck.

6 Spice added to the funeral plain!

Shai-Hulud Card shuffled into Spice Deck.
Map after Spice Blow I've left the Spice Icons in the spice bank, so that all players can see what they look like as a reference.

Bidding Phase!
Handsize Limit check!
All players are at 1/4 Cards
Harkonnen are at 2/8 Cards
All players may bid!
Bene Gesserit automatically connect CHOAM Charity! (+2 Spice)

6 Cards set aside for bidding.

First card information sent to Atredies
Bidding will open on the first card!

A note on bidding:

It will be open bidding on each card for 48 hours.
In 24 Hours I will send information to Atredies on the second card and open it for bidding so they overlap.
After 48 hours I will announce the winner of the card and open the 3rd, and so on until all card bidding is completed.

Next Card reveal tomorrow at 6AM UTC.
Bidding for first card will end on the Wednesday, 4th February at 6AM UTC.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Yeah I'm all for keeping the game moving.

edit: hello update!

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 3, 2020

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm all good on auto-resolve for Traitors too

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

how do we do negotiations - behind the scenes, then one party announces the agreement? they're binding so I presume they have to be noted somewhere.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Negotiations for a bribe or alliances?

I can't really stop and don't intend to stop players pm'ing each other if they want to sneakily agree to things, but bribes/alliances/all game actions are noted in the thread.
If you give another player spice or show them something it is definitely public knowledge that you have exchanged spice and knowledge.

The Rules for Bribery:
Players who are not members of the same Alliance
can make any kind of verbal deals or bribes between
one another. Once made, these deals and bribes must
be stated aloud and must be honored. A player cannot
renege on a deal or bribe. Spice can be part of the bribe
or deal.
A deal or bribe cannot involve the transfer or gift of
Treachery Cards, leaders, forces, or faction advantages.
This leaves secret information, future actions, and, of
course, spice.
A player cannot make a deal or bribe that would
contravene the rules or the player’s faction powers.
These are the only limitations.

I was actually wrong about this before... I thought you can share faction advantage information, but this can only be done to your ally apparently.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

1st card: 1 spice bid

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

1st card: 2 spice bid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

I was actually wrong about this before... I thought you can share faction advantage information, but this can only be done to your ally apparently.

Nah, you can (and should!) absolutely sell/trade information. That rule means you can't share other faction advantages (so I, for instance, can't offer storm damage reduction as part of a deal).