Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Aces High posted:

bidding 6 spice on card 5

This is the winning bid for Card 5

Atredies pays 6 Spice to the Emperor

No bids placed on card 6.

No one is at handsize limit, so bidding is open to everyone for 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Bidding 2 Spice on Card #6 .

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

3 spice on card #6

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

You have my interest in this.

I love overly complex board games.

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

"Stun" may be a bit of a misnomer.

Pass on #6

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

BIDDING IS OVER!

Phelddagrif posted:

3 spice on card #6

The Fremen win Card #6

Fremen Player pays 3 spice to the Emperor.

It is the start of movement!

I'll write the rest when I get home and have access to all the pictures of cards/spreadsheets!

Atredies player will be sent top of Spice deck.!

GM Note: Overall, bidding isn't that interactive and I'm here to entertain. If players are ok with it, I'd like to experiment with having all bids/agreements for Atredies prescience and spice trading/etc be Public during turn 2 to see how it works.

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 10, 2020

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

MOVEMENT!

Due to the storm's position, the Movement order is:
EMPEROR
HARKONNEN
GUILD
FREMEN
ATREDIES
BENE GESSERIT

A note on abilities in the Movement Phase
Guild - The Guild may interrupt and perform their movement at ANY time. If Sebmojo wishes to do so, he may just post that he is using his ability in the thread and perform his shipping & movement. Turn order will then continue, ignoring the Guild's turn. When it reaches the Guild's turn in normal turn order, I will ask if Sebmojo is passing.

Bene Gesserit - This phase will be a bit of a headache for the BG, Please let me know how you wish to handle advisers coming down with shipping. By default I will set them to come down with everyone shipping forces to Arrakis unless stated otherwise. If this is not the case please let me know.

Because this is the first movement phase. I will set a tentative deadline of Thursday 6AM UTC. I'll be more lenient and grant 24 hours extensions easily on this one, but I think 2-3 days should be enough.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
A balance should be preserved in the interests of peace, and as such, Imperial forces will occupy a strategic position to discourage overambitiousness.

Ship two Sardaukar terror troops reformed convicts and five standard forces to Habbanya Ridge Sietch.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

The Merry Marauder posted:

A balance should be preserved in the interests of peace, and as such, Imperial forces will occupy a strategic position to discourage overambitiousness.

Ship two Sardaukar terror troops reformed convicts and five standard forces to Habbanya Ridge Sietch.
"Come Burseg, our troops leave for Arrakis within the hour"

EMPEROR PAYS 7 SPICE TO THE GUILD

2 Sardaukar and 5 regulars land in Habbanya Ridge Sietch, raising the banner for House Corrino!

CURRENT MAP STATUS:

Can get a sneak peak at my Sardaukar/emperor layer in the bottom corner I forgot to erase, hehe

Bene Gesserit player (Joe Chill), is an adviser accompanying? I haven't added it because I forgot but I will amend this when I get home from work.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GUILD INTERRUPT

Flames light the sky as the Guild does some JIT departmental restructuring, retasking 10 Orbital Janitors and Space Dust Reclamation Technicians to sand sweeping duties at Tuek's Sietch.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 11, 2020

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

A spiritual adviser will accompany the Emperor's troops, for the sisterhood senses treachery and hardship ahead...

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

I'll ship 5 units into Carthag
and then move 5 units out of Carthag to the Broken Land - the sector furthest from the storm.
They will comb the desert for cake!

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

A spiritual adviser will also join the Harkonnen troops at Carthag.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

The Fremen hear the call of the Shai-Hulud. 8 warriors arise from the sands of the Broken Land (farthest sector from the storm), and the entire force at Sietch Tabr marches to the Funeral Plain.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It's great to see Arrakis has so many spiritual advisors, janitors and reformed convicts. Surely nothing but peace and prosperity lie ahead.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

House Atreides will have 5 units shipped to Arrakeen.
These 5 units will then move to Broken Land, the sector closest to the storm

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I believe there are 3 people in the Broken lands.

I'll check soon but this would be Atredies could not enter the zone.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Are we doing shipping and moving orders simultaneously?

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 15, 2020

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Are we doing shipping and moving orders simultaneously?

No, You were able to interrupt.

Each player in turn ships then moves then the next player ships and moves.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Horsebanger posted:

No, You were able to interrupt.

Each player in turn ships then moves then the next player ships and moves.

Added my movement order ^^^^

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Seeing the Emperor make a move in the first round is a bit flabbergasting, that's never happened in any of the hundreds of times I've played this game.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I'll fix it for next turn but I seem to have lost my SPICE LAYERS so I'll have to redo them.

There is 8 SPICE in the Broken Lands & 6 Spice in the Funeral Plain.

sebmojo posted:

GUILD INTERRUPT

Flames light the sky as the Guild does some JIT departmental restructuring, retasking 10 Orbital Janitors and Space Dust Reclamation Technicians to sand sweeping duties at Tuek's Sietch.

The Guild pays 5 SPICE to the bank
10 Troops land in Tuek's Sietch

ProfFrink posted:

I'll ship 5 units into Carthag
and then move 5 units out of Carthag to the Broken Land - the sector furthest from the storm.
They will comb the desert for cake!

Harkonnen pay 5 spice to the Guild.
5 Troops arrive in Carthag
5 Troops move to the Broken Land

Phelddagrif posted:

The Fremen hear the call of the Shai-Hulud. 8 warriors arise from the sands of the Broken Land (farthest sector from the storm), and the entire force at Sietch Tabr marches to the Funeral Plain.

8 Fremen Arrive from off the map!
8 units walk to Broken Lands on their speedlegs.
5 Units from Sietch Tabr walk to the Funeral Plain

Broken Land now has 2 Factions and they will do battle! This territory is now locked!

Aces High posted:

House Atreides will have 5 units shipped to Arrakeen.
These 5 units will then move to Broken Land, the sector closest to the storm

This move can't be performed as there would be 3 players in the territory.
DONE. Atredies pays 5 spice to the Guild

then Bene Gesserit move. Then we will proceed to Battle Phase.

The Map as it currently stands:

FFS Storm movement isn't on this one...

The Storm icon is one zone forward.

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 11, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That's a legal move though? It's strongholds that have a cap, not sand and rock territories.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

8 Fremen Arrive from off the map!
Fremen are on the map already, just buried in the sand. :colbert:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Are we doing shipping and moving orders simultaneously? 5 Sand Reclamation Technicians eye the tasks noticeboard in the canteen, sigh, and trudge into South Mesa, brooms over their shoulders

Given that this is the first round, and we're still getting the hang of this play-by-post format, I don't object to going back and doing this movement, especially since it shouldn't affect anybody else.

That said, before you move there, would you like to know if it's safe? The Fremen know the secrets of the storm, and are willing to share how far it will move for but 1 spice. :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Just so I understand it, because Broken Land covers 2 sectors, the spice is split over them, yes?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Aces High posted:

Just so I understand it, because Broken Land covers 2 sectors, the spice is split over them, yes?

Not quite. Here's the relevant sections from the rulebook.

"Phase 2: Spice Blow and Nexus": The amount of spice indicated on the card is taken from the Spice Bank and placed onto the territory in the sector containing the Spice Blow icon.

"Phase 8: Spice Collection": Any player with forces in a sector of a territory in which there is spice may now collect that spice.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

As far as I know regardless of sector, all forces in a territory would fight?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I can change my orders if that's not a legal move

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Aces High posted:

I can change my orders if that's not a legal move

It is legal; you probably just want to be in the sector with the spice (along with the Harkonnen and Fremen). As Horsebanger said, there's a battle either way.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Phelddagrif posted:

Given that this is the first round, and we're still getting the hang of this play-by-post format, I don't object to going back and doing this movement, especially since it shouldn't affect anybody else.

That said, before you move there, would you like to know if it's safe? The Fremen know the secrets of the storm, and are willing to share how far it will move for but 1 spice. :)

Acceptable. Pm me this information with the header: FW: FW: FW: Weather Report (Confidential) and I will leave the Spice in a paint bucket behind the Winky's in Carthag.

Atreides: I will offer you one turn of half price shipping in exchange for sharing all treachery card prior knowledge for that turn.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Atreides: I will offer you one turn of half price shipping in exchange for sharing all treachery card prior knowledge for that turn.

"A deal or bribe cannot involve the transfer or gift of Treachery Cards, leaders, forces, or faction advantages.
This leaves secret information, future actions, and, of course, spice."

You may not allow Atredies to use your faction advantage. However a work around may be to pay back Atredies in spice after they ship units.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Horsebanger posted:

"A deal or bribe cannot involve the transfer or gift of Treachery Cards, leaders, forces, or faction advantages.
This leaves secret information, future actions, and, of course, spice."

You may not allow Atredies to use your faction advantage. However a work around may be to pay back Atredies in spice after they ship units.

That was my intention.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

One Bene Gesserit sister will move from the Polar Sink down to the Imperial Basin.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Joe Chill posted:

One Bene Gesserit sister will move from the Polar Sink down to the Imperial Basin.

This should be the last move.

Apologies I would have had an update out last night but some stuff cropped up as it usually does.

I'll push out a final map update for Movement, and then we'll proceed to the 3 way battle.

Joe Chill / Bene Gesserit - Did an advisor drop to Tuek's Sietch with the Guild?

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Horsebanger posted:

Joe Chill / Bene Gesserit - Did an advisor drop to Tuek's Sietch with the Guild?

Yes.

and I agree with making advisor drops automatic. Like you said earlier, it would be faster and less of a headache.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

sebmojo posted:

If it please the Guild, we would be willing to share all information we are able to sense in this next round in exchange for a delivery of spice equal to 5 units.

Humbly yours,

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Aces High posted:

If it please the Guild, we would be willing to share all information we are able to sense in this next round in exchange for a delivery of spice equal to 5 units.

Humbly yours,

Hi Your Grace,

How about three spice or half shipping costs, whichever is greater, deal to be null and void if anything prevents you from sensing any cards? Sounds fair to me. I think this could be the start of a beautiful relationship, Duke Leto.

okay send that, with, i dunno, a fruit basket or something. Now have you sorted out that life insurance policy on those idiots we sent out into the sand yet? there's not even any spice out there, i have no fuckin idea who thought that was a good-- oh poo poo is the voice printer still on? Don't hit sen---

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 13, 2020

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

It is the end of Movement!

Given Joe Chill's note, I have added an advisor to all places where someone was shipped to Dune.

REVIVAL STAGE

Your troops are all healthy for the moment...

Battle Phase

(I'm gonna use this over an over, I thought it would just be good for a Harkonnen battle, but it's going in every battle now.)

There is a battle breaking out in the Broken Lands between Harkonnen, Fremen and Atredies Forces!
Harkonnen Forces: 5
Fremen Forces: 8
Atredies Forces: 5

HARKONNEN IS FIRST IN BATTLE ORDER
ProfFrink, choose your first opponent. It is either the Fremen or Atredies!

A Note on Battles
There is a lot of moving parts to battles. In short I'll go through the following:
1. Battle order is defined, if required. In this case Harkonnen has to specify the order of their battles first, and once done we'll move on.
2. There is a grace period for Karama cards, Voice, and Atredies prescience. Other cards may also be played if able but I don't think there are any?
3. Players PM battle wheels to me. I'll set a 48 hour deadline for this usually.
4. I'll post the resolution, and unless instructed not to, play and use a Traitor card if able.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

I'll clear out the Fremen rabble before indulging in the fine art of Kanly.