Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

ProfFrink posted:

I'll clear out the Fremen rabble before indulging in the fine art of Kanly.

You may try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I've received the Fremen Battle Wheel. Can Harkonnen please send me theirs!

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

"Stun" may be a bit of a misnomer.
Battle plan sent.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

THE BATTLE BEGINS!
BATTLE PLANS REVEALED!
Harkonnen commit 4 troops to the battle, lead by lovely Feyd-Rautha (4+6 = 10)
The Fremen commit 7 troops to the battle, lead by Jamis (7+2 = 9)

Harkonnen unveil Chaumas and a Poison Snooper!

Fremen unveil La La la!

Jamis is killed by Chaumas! Fremen Strength reduced to 7!
Harkonnen 10 defeats Fremen 7.

Harkonnen send 4 forces from the Broken lands to the Teilaxu Tanks!
Fremen send 8 forces & Jamis to the Teilaxu Tanks!
Harkonnen receive 2 spice from Jamis Corpse!

HARKONNEN SPECIAL ADVANTAGE ACTIVATES, ProfFrink, please let me know if you wish to take a hostage (I'm assuming yes)

Harkonnen are now left in the broken land with their mortal enemies, the Atredies.

AND THE FORMS OF KANLY, MUST BE OBEYED!

Atredies: You may ask the Harkonnen player 1 question regarding their battle plan!

There is a 24 hour period before I will accept a battle plan

Battle will be resolved when I receive both battle plans and at least a day has passed to allow other players a chance to use Treachery Cards if desired.

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 14, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I remember Jamis... he died like a chump after scarfing a poisoned spice muffin...

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Just saying, the poison snooper art I find hilarious. Imagine dining under that and its just sniffing your food non stop.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Baron, I demand that you reveal what tricks you have planned

reveal weapon (if one is being used)

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

Well, there's still a half eaten spice muffin that I was planning on offering your commander. As a token of peace and good will.
Chaumas
The last guy to try it said it was....to die for!

And questions about my special. Do I get to capture a leader from the Fremen prior to this battle?
If so, I'd like to know who I've got before I decide on a battle plan.

ProfFrink fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 14, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I was a friend of Jamis. Now I'm stealing his baliset! *yoink*

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

ProfFrink posted:

And questions about my special. Do I get to capture a leader from the Fremen prior to this battle?
If so, I'd like to know who I've got before I decide on a battle plan.

Yes.

I don't think this is hidden information? Leaders are public. I've drawn it and you have Received:

Shadout Mapes - 3

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

Battle plan sent
and send the Shadot to the tanks for 2 spice.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I was a friend of Jamis. So I let him have first choice at the Sietch Buffet. I kind of regret that, now

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nods thoughtfully while posting "long live the fighters" memes on Guild intranet

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Battle Plans Revealed!

The Harkonnen Commit 0 Troops to the battle, lead by Feyd-Rautha (0+6 = 6)
The Atredies Commit 2 Troops to the battle, lead by the Lady Jessica (2+5 = 7)

The Harkonnen unveil Chaumas and a Poison Snooper again!

Atredies have a Snooper of their own to counter Harkonnen Treachery!

Neither Leader is killed!
Atredies 7 defeats Harkonnen 6!

Harkonnen lose 1 force to the tank!
Atredies lose 2 forces to the tank!
No leaders are killed, no spice collected or ransomed

Harkonnen lose Battle plan Treachery cards, discarding a Snooper and Chaumas!

Atredies win the battle and take control of the Broken lands!

Spice Collection Phase!

With the Broken Land Secured, the 3 Atredies troops use the Harvesters and Caryall's from Arrakeen to Mine 8 spice!

Fremen control the Funeral Plain, acquiring 6 Spice for the Sietch!

Atredies collect 2 Spice from control of Arrakeen!
Harkonnen collect 2 Spice from control of Carthag!
Guild collect 1 Spice from control of Tuek's Sietch

Mentat Phase

STRONGOLDS
Arrakeen - Atredies
Carthag - Harkonnen
Sietch Tabr - Nobody!
Habbanya Sietch - Emperor
Tuek's Sietch - Guild

And that ends of the first turn!

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 15, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Somehow this gif has sound. :confused:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I have processed Turn 2 but will not post it as something is happening I'm not sure on the rules for:

The Spice Blow is spawning in a sector under the storm.

Does it spawn the spice or not? The rules would seem to say the storm destroys spice it moves over, but not a blow under it. I am leaning to it destroying the spice.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Horsebanger posted:

I have processed Turn 2 but will not post it as something is happening I'm not sure on the rules for:

Does it spawn the spice or not? The rules would seem to say the storm destroys spice it moves over, but not a blow under it. I am leaning to it destroying the spice.

yep, i reckon.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Horsebanger posted:

Rulebook page 8: "If the Spice Blow icon is currently in storm, no spice is placed that turn."

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

Rulebook page 8: "If the Spice Blow icon is currently in storm, no spice is placed that turn."

Thankyou!

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

TURN 2

Storm Phase
THE STORM MOVES 5 SECTORS!
Storm deck is shuffled!
Storm information sent to Fremen Player!

Spice Phase!
Top card of the Spice deck is revealed:

A SANDWORM APPEARS IN THE FUNERAL PLAIN!
All spice is destroyed on the territory!
All tokens are destroyed on the territory
THE FREMEN RIDE THE WORM!

Another card is turned over

SECOND WORM CARD
FREMEN PLAYER MAY CAUSE A WORM TO APPEAR IN ANY TERRITORY THEY WISH
Next card is flipped for first blow:

8 Spice appear in the Red Chasm!
Red Chasm is under a storm NO SPICE IS PLACED

NEXUS PHASE!
All players may now negotiate and form alliances!
You may only ally one other player.
Alliances will need 4 strongholds to win control of Dune.

Alliance Powers granted by factions are:

Atredies - Atredies may assist an ally by forcing an enemy to reveal one part of their battle plan (Weapon, Defense, Leadrer or Wheel setting)
Bene Gesserit - May use the Voice for their allies battles
Emperor - He's rich and can give you money.
Fremen - Allies are not devoured by Worms. If the Fremen victory condition is satisfied on turn 10, you will win with the Fremen
Guild - Allies to the guild pay 1/2 price to ship units to Dune, like the Guild do. You will also win with the Guild on turn 10 with their special victor condition
Harkonnen - May use their traitors to defeat your opponents in battles.

I'll Allow up until 12 AM Wednesday UTC for alliances to form. Please do as much negotiating and and bickering as possible in the thread, for the Landsraad (Spectators) benefit

Once you have a solid Alliance, both of you must declare in bold that you are allied with each other!

Let Negotiations Commence

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Horsebanger posted:

Fremen - Allies are not devoured by Worms. If the Fremen victory condition is satisfied on turn 10, you will win with the Fremen

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been years since I played this, but I think Dune is mean enough that the Fremen can choose if their allies get eaten by worms or not.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Correct. I think it's to avoid timings problems if you want to break an alliance, since the nexus happens after the spice blow has fully resolved.
It's important to note that the Fremen's special explicitly says that the riders ride Shai-Hulud after the Nexus.
Under the same "the game can be a bastard", the Fremen special victory makes no allowances for allies. It states that nobody but Fremen may control Sietch Tabr and Habbana Ridge; allies there absolutely gently caress over the special victory.

Although there's one more advantage to a Fremen alliance, in that Fremen may also grant fully free revivals (to the standard maximum of three), if they so wish.
E: the Emperor grants another actual advantage, beyond "my ally can auto-win treachery bids for free". His ally can revive up to 6 forces per turn, instead of three; I think the Fedaykin limit still apllies though.
E2: technically it's the Emperor that pays for the extra three revivals.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 16, 2020

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

The Bene Gesserit requests an Alliance with House Atreides. With our Voice and your presence, we will slaughter our enemies achieve spiritual enlightenment!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

oh great Reverend Mother, I too believe that it is time that we mend the rift that was created so many years ago from my birth. Perhaps Lady Jessica went against her orders, but it resulted in my birth and you know what, to hell with those drat Harkonnen

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

A rumbling is felt below the sands of the Broken Land. An earthquake? Or is it something... hungrier?

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

House Harkonnen would like to see if the Emperor would be interested in an alliance to restore peace and prosperity to Dune.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

ProfFrink posted:

House Harkonnen would like to see if the Emperor would be interested in an alliance to restore peace and prosperity to Dune.

Truly, it is a sorrowful occasion, but we must recognize that the breach of Our peace has already occurred. The most important thing now is to keep the spice flowing, lest CHOAM collapse and impecuniate the Houses.

The Imperial Presence will ally with House Harkonnen until stability can be established.

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

Wonderful!
A plan comes to mind (no, I thought it up, shut up Piter).
We've got a lot of extra uniforms, you've got a lot of troops... :wiggle:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Ah, a work-release program! Just the thing.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The OP requested both players to bold their declaration of Alliance.

Apart from that it should be obvious how this alliance is meant to work. Harkonnens love treachery. They absolutely love free treachery. The extra revivals never hurt.
The Emperor, meanwhile, gets some extra traitors while the alliance holds.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Reverend Mother, the noble House Atreides is prepared to accept your offer of an alliance.

Do we have an accord?

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

Yes, may House Atreides and the Bene Gesserit be allies.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

There are currently two alliances:

Harkonnen & Emperor

Atredies & Bene Gesserit

Both of these types of alliances are nightmares to deal with if Im honest, The Guild and the Fremen are currently not allied.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

What say you, Spacing Guild? Shall we join forces to keep the peace on Dune? We have many ways to keep your fighters away from harm, and while we have little need for your transport ships, it is in our joint interests to prevent these invaders from controlling the flow of spice.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I must apologize to the players I had some car trouble and was delayed. I will post an update this evening and flip slice card number 2

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

And so the winter of Backstab content applies.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RE: re: re: ALLIANCE WITH FREEMEN

Acceptable. We've initiated a cultural outreach workstream and drafted some MoUs for them to sign or, idk fingerprint if they're not big on pens. This is very exciting and we're looking forward to establishing strategic synergies on the sandface, in particular the app we discussed for worm attracting/distracting (Thumpr)

Best,

Tuek

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Alliance accepted.

The Fremen will ride the Shai-Hulud to the Hagga Basin, in the westmost sector (with the spice icon).

Dune is a dangerous and unpredictable planet. The second sandworm arises in the Broken Land.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

The Fremen will ride the Shai-Hulud to the Hagga Basin, in the westmost sector (with the spice icon).

Dune is a dangerous and unpredictable planet. The second sandworm arises in the Broken Land.

3 Atredies Troops are devoured in the Broken land by a Sandworm

NEXUS PHASE IS OVER!

The Bene Gesserit and the Atredies have formed an Alliance!

The Harkonnen and the Emperor have formed an Alliance!

The Spacing Guild and the Fremen have formed an Alliance!

Spice Phase continues with second card!

sigh
The Fremen can send a worm to a chosen area of the map... again.
I swear I shuffled the deck, and by that I mean I used the randomize cells on google drive

Next Actions
Phelddagrif - Choose where Shai-Hulud Will go next!

(Technically there is another nexus phase, but I'm just going to veto that. One Nexus phase per turn is slow enough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Fair enough. Imperial Basin it is!

edit - there should be another spice blow card still, right?

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 21, 2020