Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Horsebanger posted:

4 of the 6 players are taken, We need a Fremen player and an Emperor.

Heck yeah I'll WORMSIGN for Fremen.

Only played this once, as the Spacing Guild. Won by default in the last round. Looking forward to seeing how this game will go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Yeah I'm all for keeping the game moving.

edit: hello update!

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 3, 2020

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

I was actually wrong about this before... I thought you can share faction advantage information, but this can only be done to your ally apparently.

Nah, you can (and should!) absolutely sell/trade information. That rule means you can't share other faction advantages (so I, for instance, can't offer storm damage reduction as part of a deal).

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Passing on this one.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

I'll go 1 spice on card #2.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

2 spice on card #4.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

3 spice on card #5

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

3 spice on card #6

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

The Fremen hear the call of the Shai-Hulud. 8 warriors arise from the sands of the Broken Land (farthest sector from the storm), and the entire force at Sietch Tabr marches to the Funeral Plain.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Are we doing shipping and moving orders simultaneously? 5 Sand Reclamation Technicians eye the tasks noticeboard in the canteen, sigh, and trudge into South Mesa, brooms over their shoulders

Given that this is the first round, and we're still getting the hang of this play-by-post format, I don't object to going back and doing this movement, especially since it shouldn't affect anybody else.

That said, before you move there, would you like to know if it's safe? The Fremen know the secrets of the storm, and are willing to share how far it will move for but 1 spice. :)

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Aces High posted:

Just so I understand it, because Broken Land covers 2 sectors, the spice is split over them, yes?

Not quite. Here's the relevant sections from the rulebook.

"Phase 2: Spice Blow and Nexus": The amount of spice indicated on the card is taken from the Spice Bank and placed onto the territory in the sector containing the Spice Blow icon.

"Phase 8: Spice Collection": Any player with forces in a sector of a territory in which there is spice may now collect that spice.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Aces High posted:

I can change my orders if that's not a legal move

It is legal; you probably just want to be in the sector with the spice (along with the Harkonnen and Fremen). As Horsebanger said, there's a battle either way.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

ProfFrink posted:

I'll clear out the Fremen rabble before indulging in the fine art of Kanly.

You may try.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

I have processed Turn 2 but will not post it as something is happening I'm not sure on the rules for:

The Spice Blow is spawning in a sector under the storm.

Does it spawn the spice or not? The rules would seem to say the storm destroys spice it moves over, but not a blow under it. I am leaning to it destroying the spice.

Rulebook page 8: "If the Spice Blow icon is currently in storm, no spice is placed that turn."

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

A rumbling is felt below the sands of the Broken Land. An earthquake? Or is it something... hungrier?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

What say you, Spacing Guild? Shall we join forces to keep the peace on Dune? We have many ways to keep your fighters away from harm, and while we have little need for your transport ships, it is in our joint interests to prevent these invaders from controlling the flow of spice.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Alliance accepted.

The Fremen will ride the Shai-Hulud to the Hagga Basin, in the westmost sector (with the spice icon).

Dune is a dangerous and unpredictable planet. The second sandworm arises in the Broken Land.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Fair enough. Imperial Basin it is!

edit - there should be another spice blow card still, right?

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Indeed, thanks for giving this a go.