Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I'll observe from my throne made of AI dildos on planet IX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gun Jam posted:

Are games allergic to giving the houses consistent symbols? I mean, what's wrong with a red hawk, that everyone changing it all the time?

Those are fan-made designs, so who knows

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

Is this the same Dune Boardgame that just got re-released recently?

My mate brought it for our boardgame nights and keeps trying to get us to play it but I took one look at the rules and veto'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQwPqToLwjU

Watch this little primer first, then dive into the rule book. My friends and I played the game like 10 times over a number of years before we were comfortable with the complexity of the game. It's okay if you get things wrong (you will), a lot of the focus of the game when you have no facility with it is being able to make a verbal case for your interpretations of rules. Dune is very much "The Philosophy of Boardgames" : The Boardgame, and much of the fun comes from drunken arguing, which is especially entertaining if you are a fan of its themes, locations, and characters.