Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So is this the thread where we ask when we can make a Super Bowl GDT?

Because I'm asking when we can make a Super Bowl GDT.

EDIT: Please let me know. I just watched Alex Rodriguez on the TV talking about Jennifer Lopez and I forgot they're gonna get married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Android Apocalypse posted:

Because I'm asking when we can make a Super Bowl GDT.

You can do it on the day of, however it has not been ascertained that the Super Bowl is before midnight tonight, so you may have to wait until tomorrow.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i turned on fox and hoo boy what a steaming pile of poo poo this is

no thank you.

see you at whenever the drat game starts

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Chinatown posted:

Did you catch that stupid as hell ARod/Marino thing just now?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Colonel Whitey posted:

Did you catch that stupid as hell ARod/Marino thing just now?

i have it on mute and saw a few seconds. i did not think about unmuting it.

anyways heres my buffalo chicken dip from LAST YEAR since im not doing a party this year.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Chinatown posted:

anyways heres my buffalo chicken dip from LAST YEAR since im not doing a party this year.

that is one hell of a buffalo chicken dip, good job man. not many actually bake it anymore

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my super bowl food is gonna be black beans, rice and plantains from the cuban place up the road

feeling very lazy and blessed

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Chinatown posted:

no thank you.

see you at whenever the drat game starts

ABC has a drat good basketball game on right now

Chinatown posted:

This looks great

Android Apocalypse posted:

Sure. This is the thread you can ask.

Dangerllama posted:

The game is in

hours.

Aces.

Takes No Damage posted:

Indeterminate. Hang on I'm gonna try the I'm Feeling Lucky button.

You figure out what time the super bowl is?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ehud posted:

my super bowl food is gonna be black beans, rice and plantains from the cuban place up the road

feeling very lazy and blessed

Post a picture.

Every post Super Bowl food pictures.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Jeanene Garafalo, 49ers quarterback

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao I haven't watched a second of football this season

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Google Butt posted:

Here ya go, up that count to 5 seconds:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Making imitation Chikc-fil-A style nuggets at home. Also imitation CFA sauce. We'll see how it goes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Athanatos posted:

What a bad throw

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
i made chilaquiles for lunch because I know in my heart that's what andy reid would've wanted me to do

eta: they were delicious

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Athanatos posted:

he had one job - everyone's dad

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Athanatos posted:

Almost owns as much as what Mostert did to the Packers.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Google Butt posted:

one interesting fact is that the miami dolphins are playing in the super bowl today

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I sent you a PM! Officially changing my ACAB tattoo to MCAB now.

Lmao I sent it with an ACAB note.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

How did you get access to Rob Lowe's mancave?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What time do the commercials start?

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Got sort of a stupid request.

I don't follow football (played it in high school, know the rules, but I'm from LA and we didn't have a team for my entire adolescence) but I'm going to a Superbowl party. I caught the Chiefs vs Texans game on complete accident, and it was such a spectacle that I want to see the Chiefs again. Any good primers for the teams, videos or articles? I know there's got to be a YouTube channel out there that covers this but there's a ton of noise in my searches.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Depends what you mean, but Barnwell is pretty thorough in his previews: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28582604/barnwell-super-bowl-liv-preview-know-49ers-chiefs-predictions-more

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MadJackal posted:

Got sort of a stupid request.

I don't follow football (played it in high school, know the rules, but I'm from LA and we didn't have a team for my entire adolescence) but I'm going to a Superbowl party. I caught the Chiefs vs Texans game on complete accident, and it was such a spectacle that I want to see the Chiefs again. Any good primers for the teams, videos or articles? I know there's got to be a YouTube channel out there that covers this but there's a ton of noise in my searches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aS2tftMA3A

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Perfect, thanks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MadJackal posted:

I caught the Chiefs vs Texans game on complete accident, and it was such a spectacle that I want to see the Chiefs again.

Depends on how involved you want to get. The Chiefs have a killer passing game, almost no run game unless they're already up two scores in the fourth quarter.

The 49ers have an amazing front 7 and a pretty good secondary. Their running game is good, Jimmy G is kinda hit and miss but better than you'd think. The Chiefs defense is also better than you'd think, although they still kinda suck against the run.

I think Barnwell's pretty good if you want something in article form to kill some time reading.

e:fb

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

After all the Roku talk I bothered to set ours up to find out you can only use the Fox sports app if you pay for cable and the local fox Oregon app doesn't show live TV so time to find the rabbit ears.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

lets go chiefs only 2 more hours brb taking heart pill

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
go Chiefs, I'm actually looking forward to this game, should be pretty fun.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
SOON

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

how soon is soon

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

tangy yet delightful posted:

After all the Roku talk I bothered to set ours up to find out you can only use the Fox sports app if you pay for cable and the local fox Oregon app doesn't show live TV so time to find the rabbit ears.

I don't have cable and the Fox Sports thingy is working fine on my TCL Roku. I think you might have to set up a profile on Foxsports.com so maybe try that.

That said, the pic looks godawful so far and I hope that changes to 4K HDR as promised when the game starts.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

kindermord posted:

I don't have cable and the Fox Sports thingy is working fine on my TCL Roku. I think you might have to set up a profile on Foxsports.com so maybe try that.

That said, the pic looks godawful so far and I hope that changes to 4K HDR as promised when the game starts.

Huh worth a shot if what I setup fails. My LG TV has a channelPLUS app where they take my watch data and sell it but I get to watch the broadcast channels without an antenna. Which is good because I can't find mine.

Gonna turn the channelPLUS poo poo off as soon as the game ends because gently caress that.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Big Game

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The World Series of Football Downs

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

tangy yet delightful posted:

Huh worth a shot if what I setup fails. My LG TV has a channelPLUS app where they take my watch data and sell it but I get to watch the broadcast channels without an antenna. Which is good because I can't find mine.

Gonna turn the channelPLUS poo poo off as soon as the game ends because gently caress that.

fwiw to get the app to work on my tv I added it on the Roku website first and it automatically populated on my tv. Like I said it works fine except the quality so far is worse than some pirate streams. Good luck.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/anezbitt/status...7ccf2de2fa34f82

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Halfway into my garbage bar-level IPA.

I'm ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

If you haven’t watched the DJ Khaled Hot Ones, it’s pretty great.

Wait what thread is this?