Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I would be worried I'd Stu ever manages to have a normal one, the great big shite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
mums net making his normal one look like an actual normal one

https://twitter.com/notCursedE/status/1233709598076473344?s=20

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Why is that jumped up oval office verified lol

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Brand shiny new UKMT-collectively-owned-and-managed podcast for your rainy weekend delight:

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1233740159134425088?s=20

It's a USpol special, we'll do another UK news next week!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Junior G-man posted:

Brand shiny new UKMT-collectively-owned-and-managed podcast for your rainy weekend delight:

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1233740159134425088?s=20

It's a USpol special, we'll do another UK news next week!

Oh I'm 7 behind now :(
Saving them up until we're all under curfew and I have to live off my brexitocalypse canned veg and corned beef.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Philip Rutman chat:

Can't believe the number of people saying it's good that he's gone (I have no view on him personally at doing his job), and the civil service should essentially learn who is boss and 'we the people' voted for the tories not the civil service to run the country.

Walking into tyranny and 'we the people' don't give a poo poo.

I've been living in a self-imposed media blackout since I realised the news is always going to be poo poo and depressing because everyone everywhere is a oval office who actively wants things to get worse (approx. 10 pm on Dec 12th 2019) and the bits that have been making it through my embargo have only confirmed this theory

e.g. this was literally the first newspaper front page I happened to glance at in 2 months

Everything's poo poo and we're all going to die, but I've managed to get pretty zen about it. In a literal sense; I've started reading a bunch more books than I used to and medieval japanese people have it all figured out (the poetry writing monks, not so much the ones chopping off each others heads), everything is ephemeral and you can't do much to change anything so just go outside and enjoy nature

maybe try and write a haiku, there's a bunch of cherry blossom around atm

going to vote for Rebecca long-bailey and probably angela rayner unless there's someone better running for deputy? (the only other one who sent me anything was richard burgon who was loving useless IIRC)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Burgon IMO is probably the best pick for deputy other than possibly Butler.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

mums net making his normal one look like an actual normal one

https://twitter.com/notCursedE/status/1233709598076473344?s=20
:wtc:

What's their take on the Israeli flag?

Pilchenstein posted:

Why is that jumped up oval office verified lol
Wangs Over Somerset :dong::dong::dong:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

Burgon IMO is probably the best pick for deputy other than possibly Butler.

Burgatron is a good lad who means well

I went Butler>Burgon>Rayner.

Butler seems likely to finish last but Burgon might do quite well out of her second prefs.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I like Burgon. Also I’m drunk so take it with a grain of salt

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Just did a democracy. Burgeon/Butler and of course our girl RLB.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Saving them up until we're all under curfew and I have to live off my brexitocalypse canned veg and corned beef.

What's the view from Mumsnet? Are they all in denial still, or is the virus panic starting to set in.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I tried a haiku. I thought it was a bit poo poo. At least I tried, though.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
maybe I'm just remembering a particularly car crash interview or something

I'll have a proper look at what they have to say at some point

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I went Burgon>Butler>Allin-Khan>Rayner just because Rayner is favorite to win and lol Ian Murray.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is mumsnet full of antivaxxers or is it just terf central?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Does SA still do Weekend Web? Did they ever do mumsnet?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Guavanaut posted:

I went Burgon>Butler>Allin-Khan>Rayner just because Rayner is favorite to win and lol Ian Murray.

hmm

He has received the backing of former Prime Ministers Gordon Brown and Tony Blair.[17]

the kiss of death.

Is the media freaking out about long-bailey being a dangerous extremist anti-semite yet?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

I tried a haiku. I thought it was a bit poo poo. At least I tried, though.

There was a man whose
limericks always went wrong
for they were haiku

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

XMNN posted:

Is the media freaking out about long-bailey being a dangerous extremist anti-semite yet?

they're keeping that for if she wins, right now it's a lot of 'close to corbyn' and the like

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

XMNN posted:

I've been living in a self-imposed media blackout since I realised the news is always going to be poo poo and depressing because everyone everywhere is a oval office who actively wants things to get worse (approx. 10 pm on Dec 12th 2019) and the bits that have been making it through my embargo have only confirmed this theory

e.g. this was literally the first newspaper front page I happened to glance at in 2 months

Everything's poo poo and we're all going to die, but I've managed to get pretty zen about it. In a literal sense; I've started reading a bunch more books than I used to and medieval japanese people have it all figured out (the poetry writing monks, not so much the ones chopping off each others heads), everything is ephemeral and you can't do much to change anything so just go outside and enjoy nature

going to vote for Rebecca long-bailey and probably angela rayner unless there's someone better running for deputy? (the only other one who sent me anything was richard burgon who was loving useless IIRC)

Wasn’t Teresa May the “new Iron Lady” for a year and a bit? It was a complete lie (after the first few months anyway)

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Jel Shaker posted:

Wasn’t Teresa May the “new Iron Lady” for a year and a bit? It was a complete lie (after the first few months anyway)

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/821483289982697472?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If she's the iron lady she shouldn't have any steel, if you've reached steel you've gone too far.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
It just means she's got a bit of carbon in her as well.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's weird, because carbon steel has less carbon in it than cast iron, but more than elemental iron, so it goes actual iron < mild steel < carbon steel < stuff that's called iron like cast iron and wrought iron in terms of amount of carbon, and carbon steel is made by removing carbon.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Strom Cuzewon posted:

There was a man whose
limericks always went wrong
for they were haiku

there one was a man from Nantucket
and boy did he hate limericks

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Reminder that Theresa May was actually right all along in that her deal was the best we were gonna get lol

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, Boris is too lazy to negotiate, so come December he'll either sign up to everything the EU's demanded (and then claim he hasn't), or we'll crash out with a no-deal Brexit.

The fun part is, we have no idea which it's going to be!

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, Boris is too lazy to negotiate, so come December he'll either sign up to everything the EU's demanded (and then claim he hasn't), or we'll crash out with a no-deal Brexit.

The fun part is, we have no idea which it's going to be!

Supply chains are going to get completely wrecked this year though to the extent that the public will notice. There's a good chance that the knowledge that that'll happen again in January will get business and the public motivated enough to force the government to soft Brexit.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

Is mumsnet full of antivaxxers or is it just terf central?

Yes and yes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

XMNN posted:

This is what I have done and it's been quite soothing. Recharging my batteries for the next big fight, is how I think of it.

I've taken up bobrossing!

Not difficult, not expensive, hard recommend.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What the gently caress those are ace.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Wait, what's bo-brossing? Ohhhhhh!"

Great work!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

What the gently caress those are ace.

Thanks mate! Seriously you know how Bob Ross will be like 'you can do this, anyone can do it, this technique is easy'? He's not shining you on from the heights of his genius. It's not hard. Try it!

e: thanks Guavanaut :)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/robertpopper/status/1232669184510824449

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

HopperUK posted:

This is what I have done and it's been quite soothing. Recharging my batteries for the next big fight, is how I think of it.

I've taken up bobrossing!

Not difficult, not expensive, hard recommend.

Wow, really well done :-)

Making art is incredibly relaxing, I've taken up writing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

namesake posted:

Supply chains are going to get completely wrecked this year though to the extent that the public will notice. There's a good chance that the knowledge that that'll happen again in January will get business and the public motivated enough to force the government to soft Brexit.

Given previous developments, I absolutely don't see this happening. I know it's pessimistic, but I honestly think the power of "we don't care just get it done" will outweigh the destroyed supply chains in the public's view.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Isomermaid posted:

I've taken up writing.
same op

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Isomermaid posted:

Wow, really well done :-)

Making art is incredibly relaxing, I've taken up writing.

Thank you so much:) What are you writing??

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I've taken up shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

XMNN posted:

Cherry trees in bloom
Beauty, ephemeral, but
I have hayfever