Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FraserNelson/status/1233831096565010432

Cursed Tweet

E: this is Dillon enjoying himself last chrimbo

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope Boris dies during childbirth.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

If you're going to the paranoia larp then surely you need to make fudge in the appropriate colours.
You don't need to know about the fudge, citizen.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

OwlFancier posted:

If you're going to the paranoia larp then surely you need to make fudge in the appropriate colours.

It was decreed that brown was infrared level. I also got made sanitation officer because of our 5* health certificate.

Guavanaut posted:

You don't need to know about the fudge, citizen.

Also this^

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope Boris dies during childbirth.

55 years too late sadly.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I really couldn't give a gently caress about that vacuous, sloppy breasted bleach blond bimbo having a kid or Carrie Symonds ether for that matter.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
honestly surprised Boris is willing to claim this kid as his own. You just know that if he wasn't PM Symonds would have been kicked to the curb and he'd deny all knowledge of the baby

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

it's the official brexit baby, it is The One

gonna be some real scenes

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

baka kaba posted:

Specifically from The Omen.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

baka kaba posted:

it will provide boris some excellent cover to slash the NHS and other things that help babies.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Specifically from The Omen.

lol

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Is this what Boris meant when he was talking about the Brexit baby boom. Did he just want everyone to know his balls work.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Hilarious that they saved the news that Boris knocked up his girlfriend to cover for the next bit of bad news.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

do all Tories have horrid henry ( that’s a show you brits like, right?) names like Priti Patel or is it just her?

also I just had one of you guys show up at my door canvassing for Bernie. she managed to convince my lost-cause neighbors to vote for him ( we’re in Minnesota , it should be illegal to fly the stars and bars here).

Thanks.

PawParole fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 29, 2020

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

PawParole posted:

do all Tories have horrid henry ( that’s a show you brits like, right?) names like Priti Patel or is it just her?

A lot of them have weird names but Priti Patel is a really ordinary name so ?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

PawParole posted:

also I just had one of you guys show up at my door canvassing for Bernie. she managed to convince my lost-cause neighbors to vote for him ( we’re in Minnesota , it should be illegal to fly the stars and bars here).

Thanks.

Nah some of us have perfectly normal names like Charalambos "Bambos" Charalambous and Thangam Debonnaire.

E: I know Charalambous is a Cypriot name and we shouldn't laugh at foreign names but giving a child a first name which rhymes (or sounds near-identical to) their surname is always weird and amusing.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 29, 2020

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

HopperUK posted:

A lot of them have weird names but Priti Patel is a really ordinary name so ?

it alliterates, like a horrid Harry name, and it has word that sounds like an adjective in it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I still think Sir Bill Cash is the most tory name unless you go full landed gentry. But Bill Cash is a comically evil rich guy name.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
UKMT: We will rue the day we all decided bullying was a bad thing

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

WhatEvil posted:

Nah some of us have perfectly normal names like Charalambos "Bambos" Charalambous and Thangam Debonnaire.

E: I know Charalambous is a Cypriot name and we shouldn't laugh at foreign names but giving a child a first name which rhymes (or sounds near-identical to) their surname is always weird and amusing.
Neville Neville, now there's a good honest British name...

Edit: just discovered there was an Irish politician called St George St George, 1st Baron Saint George.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 29, 2020

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Camrath posted:

Protip- the Paranoia larp taster is well worth the effort of attending and only an hour or two long. Also some jerk is selling fudge so I hear ;)

Also the UK space sim folk are there, which is always enormous fun.

Going to Leicester for a couple of hours is very much bnot worth the 4-odd hours of driving ;)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I just did a yougov survey and one of the questions was had I ever used StringPhone.
Never heard of it before.
Google threw up a page

https://pypi.org/project/stringphone/

"String phone is a secure communications with a focus on ease of use, simplicity and small size, suitable for embedded devices. It provides both encryption and authentication of messages." but it's dated October 2015.

Anyone heard of it? Anyone used it?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WhatEvil posted:

This is absolutely nothing to do with this post but I remember asking some advice from you about this last year so I just wanted to say that I finally got an outward opening uPVC back door and taking the bins out in the rain without having to do a loving idiot dance in the kitchen to get the door open and closed with wet shoes was incredibly satisfying.

It's also a proper multipoint thing rather than the badly fitted piece of poo poo that needed kicking closed for years before so :toot:

Pablo Bluth posted:

Neville Neville, now there's a good honest British name...

Edit: just discovered there was an Irish politician called St George St George, 1st Baron Saint George.
I don't know how widespread it was, but there definitely was a thing where European Jews coming to the UK (and maybe America too) in the late 19th/early 20th century would put their first name (or a variant of it) as their last name during registration rather than an obviously Jewish or unpronounceable to Anglos one, so there were at least a few first gen arrivals with matching or rhyming first name/last name combos. Probably not St George St George, 1st Baron Saint George though.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Anyone heard of it? Anyone used it?
It sounds like a library to be used in other things, rather than a thing in and of itself.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

why the heck is yougov asking about python libraries and githubs

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

baka kaba posted:

Yeah there was another question on there about something called OfferUp which seems to be some kind of American version of gumtree. Have just sent YouGov a message to see if it was a genuine survey or not. The link address in the email seemed genuine, but seem to have been some odd questions on it. (Most of the questions were about income and benefits).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

I'm sure it's wholly innocent and nothing to do with the government's war on encryption that seems to be roping in everyone from the tabloids to the NSPCC and probably the RSPCA next. You wouldn't encrypt a cat.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

secure your cats people

I guess it makes sense if it's about something like that and not "what datetime library do you roll with" so you can see how well you match up with jeremy corbyn. Maybe they're gonna disappear the library and they're checking to see if anyone will notice :tinfoil: :ninja: :mayo:

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

thespaceinvader posted:

Going to Leicester for a couple of hours is very much bnot worth the 4-odd hours of driving ;)

A very cromulent point.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

Now the ex writes articles about how much he loves Boris in the sun lol

Harry Cole is one of the biggest worms in the entire media. Which is impressive. A big humiliation piggy.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

PawParole posted:

Thanks.

Priti and Patel are both very common Asian names.
It is funny though that's she's basically called Pretty Petal and she's evil even for a tory.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

OwlFancier posted:

I still think Sir Bill Cash is the most tory name unless you go full landed gentry. But Bill Cash is a comically evil rich guy name.

Pete Bone would like a word (and also your marrow)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I liked how the day after Michael loving Bloomberg publicly apologized for stop and search being an ineffective racist waste of police time and public money she immediately said that if elected Tories would double down on it.

Wait, wrong word. I hated it.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

This is absolutely nothing to do with this post but I remember asking some advice from you about this last year so I just wanted to say that I finally got an outward opening uPVC back door and taking the bins out in the rain without having to do a loving idiot dance in the kitchen to get the door open and closed with wet shoes was incredibly satisfying.

It's also a proper multipoint thing rather than the badly fitted piece of poo poo that needed kicking closed for years before so :toot:

Ah good stuff :)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lmao, they're making classrooms more crowded and bringing in older, less healthy doctors.

https://twitter.com/skynewssarah/status/1233876911912374273?s=21

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Dad's Doctors, coming this spring to BBC One

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Look, I don't see why we can't just inject them with arsphenamine, it worked for everything in my day. Why does this have to be a tribunal? Ridiculous.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

lmao, they're making classrooms more crowded and bringing in older, less healthy doctors.

https://twitter.com/skynewssarah/status/1233876911912374273?s=21

Killing off those at risk is certainly a battle plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New thread is up!