Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
To answer a question from the last thread, I hope Galaxy O Brain is having a loving stroke tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Farecoal posted:

Is Pissflaps allowed now? is this a consequence of Brexit??

he's permabanned, so he can't even post if he wanted to

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel that all this Gibraltarchat has been shamefully failing to consider the views of the real native population.

I'm here for the boats waiting to dock in Algeciras on the other side of the bay

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Let's face it, this is the best Bond theme, and it's not even an official one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O1_0hikl-A

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

At some point, the Graun's begging for money requests at the bottom of each article is going to be longer than the article it's attached to

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

There is so much peace to be found in people's faces, so we will be establishing a database.

I appreciate this reference

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Very excited for the taoiseach to turn up to the brexit negotiations in a balaclava.

I think andrew neill might implode.

take a leaf out of the Manics book then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5PI7k_ZiQ0

(live vocals on Top Of The Pops though)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That was in the post-Altern8 era where they forced them to play to backing tape but sing live, which seems like the best way of pissing off every single act that came on. It did lead to this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzRAZ1uS-Ao&t=36s

Before I even clicked it, I thought "I bet it's Nirvana absolutely clowning through Teen Spirit" and then I clicked and was right

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Zalakwe posted:

This is still some tune.

1994 was one hell of a year for music

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Jose posted:

its pretty windy outside

how would you define windy though?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Someone knows where their priorities lie

https://twitter.com/billbbx/status/1226438310115016706

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

Who’s picking on ferry companies in this weather? loving idiots. Everyone on the island knows that winter exists and is why their house cost £70k less than the mainland.

Wightlink tried to carry on, but about midday just suspended everything and of course people are still mad at them for not sailing in the storm. For the record, the whole of Portsmouth seafront has been closed to traffic due to the weather as well, while Red Funnel didn't even bother trying to sail today

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

They've started running car ferries to the Isle of Wight from Portsmouth and Southampton but not Lymington because that route will get cancelled if the wind gets above 10mph. Still no fastcats out of Southampton, though the fastcat out of Portsmouth to Ryde has been going pretty much all day

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

I, contrariwise, nut on the daily.

that seems like an under-estimate

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

What if, right, get this, we had... like a little section of bridge, enough to put some cars and people on, and then... it was really light, so it could float, and then we... moved the bit of bridge between the two places?

We could even make several of them, and they could potentially go other places than just the two ends of the bridge?

We could call it... the mobile bridge system?

Ask the people of Cowes about their floating bridge which only has a span of 100 metres to cross

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I have been fighting off a cold since last weekend and now, inevitably, I've given up and decided to take some time off to actually deal with it. It's not the worst I've had, but I think if I was to go into work today, I'd probably still be off work on Monday

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

Taking the time you need for your health is best! Stay warm and snug, drink plenty, relax with whatever you find fun and easy to do.

Right now I'm waiting for the pharmacy to open so I can get more lemsip and lockets. But this cold has been weird because it's been hovering since last Friday, settling in for a few hours then going away and usually with colds, I can feel it start and ramp up for 24 hours before I go "gently caress this, I'm taking two days off work" so I'd rather take today off and nip it in the bud so I'm not feeling miserable for the whole weekend

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

For those not in the know, Jorty Peepers is on the VERY MANLY meat-only diet, and red meat at that. This means he's extremely susceptible to allergic reactions if he accidentally takes in anything other than red meat, and naturally a diet of only red meat isn't giving the body all the nutrients it needs.

Jorty boy decided to solve this by taking benzos, and then became addicted to them and ended up having to go to rehab.

His daughter (also on the dumb meat diet) was sick of doctors diagnosing him with an addiction and malnutrition, so she flies him over to Russia where a bunch of Very Respectable Doctors agree that da, problem not painkillers, problem is giant brain, so they inject him with a bunch of stuff that put him in a coma in the ICU and when he came out of it was permanently brain damaged and unable to move or talk.

12 Rules for Life

could you frame this in the form of a reddit AIBU?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

HMS Brenda slinked back to Portsmouth at 4am this morning early from North Sea trials with the F-35Bs, rumours swirling that she has broken down yet again

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I don't even live on the mainland of England, so gently caress London

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I know that it doesn't really mean it, but I keep seeing PPE turning up in this thread and thought that Oxford had come up with the ultimate grift and made poshos sign up for a degree in high-vis vests and oil resistant boots

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Apologies for the re-post but

https://twitter.com/meganewswest/status/1229415295657422851

The utter "what the gently caress are you doing?" from the fire service staff is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007