Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
If you travel regularly and have a good enough credit score to get another card, apply for a Halifax Clarity card: the benefits of the MasterCard exchange rate combined with zero foreign transaction fees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I'm having to wait four weeks for my GP appointment (and that was a lucky cancellation with a random GP at not my usual surgery). I'm supposed to book using the NHS App but my new account is borked and I'm waiting on my support ticket to be resolved.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Scotland should demand the question is "Should Scotland stop sponging off England?".

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

What if we put a garden on it?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Why yes, modern dog breeds such as the pug are an excellent example of eugenics 'working'...

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Jose posted:

this seems as good a thread as any to ask for recommendations on bluetooth earphones that have good battery life. I've got some cheap anker ones but their battery life is a bit poo poo and i'm going to be spending a lot of time listening to music at my new job
For Christmas I got a set of Boltune noise cancelling headphones that go for £55 on Amazon. I can't do a quantitative comparison with more expensive brands but on my recent transatlantic flight it made the whole journey so much more tolerable. I can't see ever going back to standard headphones.

They have v5 low energy Bluetooth, 30hr playback and cable fallback if you need it.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

:same:

It's good.

I think the NHS gets most of theirs from Switzerland at the moment, even though it's probably something we should be manufacturing domestically if the rest of the world is going to continue being poo poo about it.
I often hang out in opium poppy fields I know some people who own a farm who are legal growers for the medical trade. The fields aren't nearly as photogenic as a field of common poppies

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

A daily reminder men are terrible.
Pop star Duffy says she was raped, drugged and held captive. Welsh singer made statement on Instagram saying she was held captive for several days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Nah some of us have perfectly normal names like Charalambos "Bambos" Charalambous and Thangam Debonnaire.

E: I know Charalambous is a Cypriot name and we shouldn't laugh at foreign names but giving a child a first name which rhymes (or sounds near-identical to) their surname is always weird and amusing.
Neville Neville, now there's a good honest British name...

Edit: just discovered there was an Irish politician called St George St George, 1st Baron Saint George.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 29, 2020