Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Will the markets really react that much though? We all knew this was coming since mid December so it’s not like a big shock to the system.

I expect the real shitshow will be toward the end of the year. Of course my expectations of the last election were catastrophically wrong so I could be talking bollocks as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I recently went from 3.5mb broadband to 350mb and it feels so good.

No wonder millennials and zoomers are watching less tv though, we get shitloads of channels as part of the package and there’s never anything worth watching. The most I’ve watched is 20 minutes of TNG (which I have on Blu-ray as well as Netflix) as background noise while I was cooking dinner.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Despite torrential downpours earlier it is now bone dry where I am. The wind is so strong it’s literally blown all the water away now it’s stopped raining.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Starmer said trans rights during his Mumsnet AMA so I'm not entirely sure he's the FART-approved candidate

If you wanted to suppress the Mumsnet vote then all you need do is make sure the place they need to go is only accessible via motorway.

They’re the only things they fear more than trans people.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

ThomasPaine posted:

AIBU or are the strange acronyms they use intensely unsettling

It’s the acronyms that get me, I don’t think I’ve seen any other website that uses them as much as mumsnet does. Here are some choice excerpts from their official list.

quote:

BFP
big fat positive (refers to a pregnancy test)

BF
breastfeeding (or best friend or boyfriend, depending on context)

EWCM
egg-white cervical mucus

IYKWIM
if you know what I mean

IYSWIM
if you see what I mean

MMC
missed miscarriage

OTT
over the top/overseas trained teacher

SIOB
sharp intake of breath

SWI
shagging with intent (trying to conceive)

SWOI
shagging without intent (not trying to conceive!)

TSSDNCOP
the secret service does not comment on procedure

YY
yes

Like do these things really need acronyms as opposed to just typing normally? That last one for instance, you’re literally one character off just using the full word - which along with acronyms of 6 or more characters rather defeats the point of acronyms in the first place. As does having acronyms that have multiple meanings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

So for valentines I got my other half a big box of her favourite chocolates along with her favourite wine and a bouquet of roses. She got me a Sith TIE Fighter.

I shall marry this woman.