Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Pistol_Pete posted:

Here's an article from the New Statesman asserting that Jeremy Corbyn is a racist and anti-semite because the author states that they are:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/02/labour-faces-painful-reckoning-those-who-enabled-corbynism-can-t-be-trusted-its

I read this garbage, so it's only fair that I inflict it on you guys too.

Do you think the media are currently offering a premium rate for articles about how the problem with Labour is basically that they aren't tories? There must've been hundreds since the election. I always appreciate how when talking about antisemitism they mention Islamophobia but only as an aside of how it's not worth talking about; I'd like just once for one of them to state if they think there's no prejudice against Muslims, or whether it's just fine. But no, it's always the weasel words way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
My employer wants to increase my notice period from one month to three months. I have ignored their request so far, anyone have any other suggestions in case they really get on my case about it?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

forkboy84 posted:

Ask them what you get in exchange for losing freedom to move and signing a new contract. Speak to your union rep as well, of you've got one.

Thank you (and the others) for the reassurance, sadly no union option but solidarity with my workmate in the same position sounds good. What's the worst they can do, give me my notice?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Pablo Bluth posted:

Why yes, modern dog breeds such as the pug are an excellent example of eugenics 'working'...

Let's be fair and consider the upside, if we ever wanted to create a slave race to be used for livestock or sport it could work

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sail away, only time, I'm struggling for a third

Had no one mentioned Orinoco Flow?? Or is it too obvious...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

I like that they were hammered for saying there were "a number of warnings" when that number was a big fat one.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

OwlFancier posted:

I want to find whichever loving nerd told politicians it was a good idea to start using the phrase "level up" and throttle them.

If the loving NHS isn't gaining the ability to cast mordenkainen's disjunction it's not loving levelling up.

I completely agree. Though I fear in this case he's misunderstood the soundbite and instead the plan is to level out life expectancy i.e. bring women's life expectancy down to the same as men's...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
"It is about time something is done, a friend who teaches history of art at one of London’s universities opined the other day."

Holy weasel words batman. The Liberal elite even managed to make this poor victim distance herself from her own call to arms in her own pay-walled article

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

TACD posted:

Which is why most ads are now just thinly disguised listicles on news websites or social media posts. Sometimes it gets a bit wearying trying to figure out what's actual content vs paid sponsorship, and that's why I like to relax in the evenings with Jameson® Irish Whiskey. It's triple distilled for a smooth taste that other whiskey brands can't match!

It must be very challenging for people advertorialising Photoshop, knowing you need to refer to it in the proper Adobe Photoshop® format as per policy every time while still trying to seem natural about it

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Don't worry, I'm sure a full and frank investigation will ensure that it's all the civil service's fault.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Someone at the beeb is getting fired, they're still leading with the home office resignation instead of our Lord and Saviour's nuptials/spawning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

OwlFancier posted:

I still think Sir Bill Cash is the most tory name unless you go full landed gentry. But Bill Cash is a comically evil rich guy name.

Pete Bone would like a word (and also your marrow)