Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

All this FREEDOM and SOVEREIGNTY is coursing through me like lightning. I feel stronger than ever! Who wants to knock over some foreign countries for the profits of some pedo toffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Okay sometimes when I'm in a "Me, an intellectual" mood I call her William Eilish and seeing it in the wild loving killed me dead.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Billie Eilish do the music.

She won the four General Field Grammies a couple days ago, only the second person to ever do that after Christopher Cross (not Chris Cross or Kris Kross). Adele has won all four as well but not all at the same show.

Though in my eyes perhaps the fact Adele won these accolades devalues their prestige significantly :v:

Anyway Billie is the slap.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Love too sincerely believe the EU will cave in when we threaten to hurt them with a pinprick whilst hurting ourselves with a gunshot.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jedit posted:

A friend of mine is there selling cards. She's enjoying herself, but it's long and tiring days.

E: gently caress's sake. Billie Eilish is the latest terrible 15-minuter to record the theme for a James Bond 007 movie.

Billie Eilish loving rules though, she didn't win the four big Grammies just because they felt like giving it to some random kid. She's not just some random shitepop act with one catchy song. To whit;

Total Meatlove posted:

Things were better when you had to be at least 24 and have one hit before recording Thunderball a Bond theme

She's had six hit singles and her debut album hit at the top of the Billboard 200, like, at that point I think we can just say "Okay each hit after the first reduces the age requirement by one year" :v:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I don't have a dog in the fight regarding Eilish, but are these award shows really anything more than corporate media interests slapping each other on the back?

It fully is, but each year's the same thing, so it's comparing like with like.

Galaxy Quest is one of the all-time greats.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mano posted:

Have you ever seen it in Thermian? It's so ridiculous

Oh my God I had no idea that was even a thing :swoon:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Does that survey reflect a dissatisfaction with democracy, or rather with massively corrupt big-money oligarchic liberal democracy?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Sanford posted:

I've been taking a break since the election but wanted to pop in and share with the thread the truly tragic news that my daughter looks a lot like 80's Martin McGuinness:

According to my email there's some kind of vote going on; can someone tell me who I should vote for? My apathy-wizened heart says no-one but I know that's not the right answer. RLB and A.N. Other?

Yer wain's adorable!

Also "rapid onset gender dysphoria" is pure nonsense made up by terves because, being terves, their kids were WEIRDLY not inclined to discuss trans issues with them and they blinded themselves to all signs, so when they kid finally gets up the courage and/or becomes desperate enough to just say "gently caress it and you I'm trans" they act like this is some kind of SHOCKING development that came out of nowhere!

Also so what if gender dysphoria came on rapidly, at that age hmmm wonder if any massive changes to the body might be happening that cause an awakening and realization :thinking: It's used to delegitimize trans people in an insidious way, because it looks like it's saying there is a legitimate form of being trans it's just not this*.

The legitimate form being the stereotypical "Knew as a toddler always wanted to wear dresses and have long hair" which is not the experience of plenty of trans people and hurts some trans people because it causes us to struggle to realize when we don't fit that model! Like me!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

It's almost like terfs, like anti vaxxers, start from a gut assumption and backfill with words to make it sound like they arrived at it via thinking.

:hmmyes:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Biohazard? I'd stay away from Raccoon City for awhile...

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I don't think there was any way to win that fight except to say "Look, you know Dez from next door, he's a good bloke, he can't help who he's attracted to". Placing it as just regular folks who happen to be something had vastly more chance of success than trying to say "Dez could choose to be straight but he shouldn't have to". It's always easier to argue acceptance out of necessity.

For the record I don't think there's a single model that explains everyone's identity in the same way, some people might fluctuate naturally, some might be able to change themselves, some people might be set in stone. Which is why what I really argue for is extreme autonomy over the self rather than X rights specifically.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

These are good points, and yes 'choice' was the wrong word.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

I also personally find it far better to think of myself as being adrift in a sea of ideas that are just colonizing my brain willy nilly rather than that I'm the carrier of some innate self that might be just intrinsically poo poo and in a very profound sense it's my fault.

Absolutely horrifying to think there isn't a sovereign and immutable self. :gonk:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I'm here for Ireland electing SF, excellent going lassies, keep it up!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Recommended having a look in the Dem Primary thread because the scale of the gently caress up is absolutely stone cold hilarious

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Right? Just imagine this shitshow taking place in Iran lmao lmbo

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I mean, it would probably work, if they weren't a bunch of cowardly melts who would go back to work after twenty minutes, but like forkboy I'd lose my loving mind if it did.

ThomasPaine posted:

In all my times on the dole every time the best strategy is to lie, lie, and lie again.

100% this, remember the modern DWP is an organization devoted to hurting the poor.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Flipswitch posted:

Jose I may have dreamed this but did you post a really cursed pizza video from Brazil where the guy uses ice cream and its just a gross vid. I think it was like 2 years ago.

I think I vaguely remember that.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

I have seen many street food horrors in my life. I've seen pizzas on fire on the streets of rio de janeiro, I watched mystery sauces glitter in the dark in polythene burger boxes. All that grease will be lost, in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

I second the :golfclap:

Flipswitch posted:

I found it but it's mayo. Not ice cream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

We deserve the last few years.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

horny for Viking feet

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Tesseraction posted:

One less and it'd be a ballbreakers.

You summoned me?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

If you want to send money internationally, most especially on a regular basis, look at TransferWise. It's a bit more convoluted than just using Paypal but it also offers much better rates.

I have no idea if they're lovely though, I mean capitalism so yeah, but they've been a huge benefit to me, saved me loads over the years.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I've said it in the Primary thread, but my thinking is that what probably happened is:

A) Regular nepotism caused a very very lovely app to be made, which on the night ensured chaos and confusion.
B) During said chaos and confusion, someone or someones in the Dem establishment realized an opportunity.
C) Specifics aren't fully known, but Buttigieg definitely did well - thus if we release things in the right order we'll be able to boost that and get him headlines of victory.
D) They're all really dumb and bad at this meaning it's unbelievably obvious they're corrupt, and if they're not corrupt, they're so monumentally incompetent that it's actually worse than if they were corrupt.
E) They're definitely corrupt and trying to ratfuck Bernie tho.

Buttigieg's gambit of putting absolutely everything into Iowa with the hopes of a win and momentum was a smart one, indeed his only remotely viable one, but he may well have hosed himself with his antics. And unless he can stop being underwater with minorities it doesn't matter that he did well in a Highly White state, there's no path to the nomination except getting them aboard.

He's also The Smiler from Transmet.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 6, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I called him Butty-gig until I learned it properly.

Bloody Maltese :arghfist:

e; If you want to know how impressive he isn't, consider that he came third in Iowa among queer voters.

Imagine being a high profile gay man and, at least putatively, realistic chance at Presidential nominee.

And imagine the gays don't even like you nearly as much as Bernie or even Warren.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Julio Cruz posted:

Buttigieg is less qualified to be President than I am and I'm neither a US citizen nor 35

When I was a kid I was like "35?! That's so unfair! That's so OLD!" and now I'm turning 35 in a few months and I'm like "Christ alive there's no way someone my age should be put in charge of anything."

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

I really hope the yanks manage to pull together a coalition of people who are just so loving sick of all their societal bullshit. Sanders doing really well with minority voters is heartening, hopefully they can get some decent healthcare and they can catapult it into some real scouring of the loving ghouls that run that hellhole of a country.

Big same but we're gonna look like real assholes if the yanks manage to elect someone who actually wants to fix poo poo while we continue tripping over our own dicks by voting for Brexit and electing the tories over and over :v:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

quote:

The figures, published by Deltapoll, highlights that 60 per cent of UK adults are in favour of further police powers to prevent and limit protests, due largely to the perceived disruptive effects.

Maybe you dipshits should be mad at the people being protested, not the protestors trying to improve things

:thunkher:

loving hell.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Welp, looks like the concerns she might be a bit terfy were all too right. Shame, I had really hoped given how good she was on other matters that it was just some ill-chosen words or the like, and I wasn't as ready to cancel her as some. :sigh:

Also a lad I went to uni with was called Matt Kerr and was pretty lefty, was hopeful he was the one under discussion but sadly just the same name.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

e; ^^^ :laugh: Obviously I'm the exception, I might not get out of my pajamas half the time but I could definitely command a military and make those barmy Brussels bureaucrats toe our line!

I can't honestly fathom being against the radical expansion of rights and protections as a core personal matter as well as foremost political beliefs.

Like, I can't wrap my head around how we live in a world where we've not already settled all extant matters and are now discussing how to protect the rights of clones and androids and aliens so we're ready if/when those issues arise.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

FairyNuff posted:

Lack of empathy/selfishness.

Yeah, I guess I just don't get how that's such a widespread condition...

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

An actual lich would look less of a state.

thespaceinvader posted:

Have you considered that in fact the concept of people being in charge is what is in fact bad?

Nah, that doesn't sound right. What happens when I'm in charge then? :thunkher:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Junior G-man posted:

Honestly the number of people in the UK who know what the Trilateral Commission is is so negligible that it won't make a difference. You'd have to explain to them why it's bad first and then you gotta talk Kissinger and most people don't know who he is either.

It's a bad look but not a winner for the leadership.

I think more than a negligible number of people have played Deus Ex, G.

E; I love flat earth conspiracies because it's both hilarious in itself, but also, what possible benefit is there to anyone for perpetrating it? Ok, the Earth is flat instead of round. That matters tremendously to some fields, but for most of us it's irrelevant. We'd just be scoffing at spherical Earth conspiracy theorists instead.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 7, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

WhatEvil posted:

A Tory dickhead.

In other news, David Aaranovitch got caught by a "sophisticated scam".

https://twitter.com/centristwonk/status/1225880546850615296?s=20

Far be it from me to call him credulous.

E: lol

https://twitter.com/JohnJCrace/status/1225880795774148609?s=20

"Can I have some money mate, I really need it."
"Yeah okay."
"Sorry I hate to ask but could you give a little more?"
"Uh... oh what the hell, I guess so, yeah."
"Thanks!"

Two hours later

"I've been SCAMMED! What a sophisticated operator, they asked for money and I just... gave it to them! :gonk:"

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I recently went from 3.5mb broadband to 350mb and it feels so good.

No wonder millennials and zoomers are watching less tv though, we get shitloads of channels as part of the package and there’s never anything worth watching. The most I’ve watched is 20 minutes of TNG (which I have on Blu-ray as well as Netflix) as background noise while I was cooking dinner.

Only thing anyone in this house watches on actual telly these days is my mum's love of antique shows, really. Or sometimes nature/travel things like "Look how cool the coast around [Tiny English Seaside Village] is! And there's FISH!" other than that, everything is streamed or in my step-dad's case on Blu-ray.

e; Also when we changed provider a few months ago we went from like, 10mb to 150mb and yeah it loving RULES HARD

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 8, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I just use a VPN like the spine man wanted (But I got it before he started badgering us lol) and now I can go whersoever on the Internet my merrie heart takes me.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

England does not stop at hull.

All light, all mercy, all sanity stops at Hull.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Guavanaut posted:

Sums up my life in general.

Enormous same.

Very sad :hifive: Midlands buds.

e; Actually poo poo it's later than I thought, I better get my arse in gear and go to the corner shop to lay in some supplies for tomorrow because there's not much to eat.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Pistol_Pete posted:

Here's an article from the New Statesman asserting that Jeremy Corbyn is a racist and anti-semite because the author states that they are:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/02/labour-faces-painful-reckoning-those-who-enabled-corbynism-can-t-be-trusted-its

I read this garbage, so it's only fair that I inflict it on you guys too.

I'm scorched by the heat of the take which claims that because middle class kids go to uni a lot, they'd be the main beneficiaries of cutting/abolishing tuition fees.

I wonder if perhaps Vernon here has overlooked that there might be a reason middle class kids go to uni more easily than working class ones, a reason which would be greatly mitigated by cutting/abolishing tuition fees. :thunkher:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Starting to wonder if maybe FPTP isn't the best system after all, lasses