Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jose posted:

someone tell me about student loans and poo poo if i want to do a masters at the age of 31 and with a mortgage

I'd advise you to go to Germany and study an English-language Masters there, but that became a lot harder an hour and a half ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Food and agriculture is still devolved in Scotland, right?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mokotow posted:

I’m looking from the outside, but what I’m seeing is mostly assholes saying “we might have had our differences but now is the time to come together” after three years of absolutely making GBS threads on everyone. gently caress those people, give them no quarter.

Nah, it's still mostly assholes saying 'you lost, we won, get over it b/c democracy' without any sign of reconciliation

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

can't not post Garfielf now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbhJjXl9Rk

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/fastcarspete/status/1223638494100316162?s=19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Billie Eilish is actually good though. Her album was probably the best of last year.

oh hey that's a funny way of spelling 'Grey Area by Little Simz' and/or 'Schlagenheim by black midi'

e: 'Nobody Does It Better' would've been Carly Simon's best song if they hadn't shoehorned the name of the drat film into the lyrics

Venomous fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 2, 2020

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Schlagenheim was really good but 6Music are doing a top job of putting me off it by playing the opening track all the loving time. Radio playlists are dogshit and should be destroyed.

This is why you never listen to the radio, smdh

forkboy84 posted:

I have no idea what my favourite record of last year was because there was too much music for me to listen to everything. But the first thing that jumps out in my head was King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard's Infest The Rats' Nest. Which was the weird Aussie psych-rockers doing a thrash metal album about climate change & it was dope.

I mean same, and tbh I haven't caught up with King Gizzard's work since they release a new album every day or something like that, but I'll have to give that a listen.

Was the Sons Of Kemet album from last year? That one ruled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twjaSC5Ym9s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

They should just adapt the old Game Boy Bond game into a film, iirc the story in that kinda ruled a lot

Alternatively, as a thread we should collaborate, bit by bit, on a Truly Good Bond Script For 2020