Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Aphex- posted:

The gammons are just going to keep blaming the EU for all their problems even though we're not in it anymore aren't they?

Take how long the tories have been blaming things on the Last Labour Government and multiply it by like, four

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Belgian buns, Viennese Whirls, Swiss rolls, all cease to be available now.

:hotpickle:

Can't we just call them freedom pastries and tell our children they were personally invented by st george, who was born in england

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

How about we introduce controls on breeding to select against dumb poo poo like believing in loving eugenics

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

god drat the guardian's coverage of the labour trans crap has been a shitshow. don't know what i was expecting, to be fair

Candidates "criticised" in a "row" over daring to insult A Woman's Place and LGB Alliance, said criticism coming from... A Woman's Place and LGB Alliance. Critics of them have criticisms of them but I don't see the need to look into that particularly, they personally claim to not hate anyone so what's the problem. why are my dogs making so much noise all of a sudden

Candidates are split over a controversial pledge card calling on the party to expel """""transphobic""""" members. Women's Place say they are very nice actually, here is a series of tweets from them none of which contain the words "we hate trans people" so it is impossible to say. Fido will you calm down what's gotten into you

Owen Jones says some nice things, while Gaby Hinsliff spends most of her article decrying people being mean to each other, briefly mentioning solutions trans people agree with while claiming they're reasonable centrist compromises that nobody is questioning ever:

Gaby Hinsliff posted:

Yet it’s still not too late to find common ground. No compassionate human being should want a woman who has been raped or brutalised to feel traumatised all over again by sharing counselling or refuge services with someone they perceive as a threat. Even a person who poses no danger whatsoever can inadvertently frighten a traumatised person, if something about them – a sound, a scent, a habit – triggers flashbacks. But nobody should want trans people to feel unsafe or cast out, and barring a trans woman from women’s services seems the cruellest of personal repudiations. That much is common ground, and beyond the boiling hate of social media, people are building on it.

Some refuges have now accepted trans women (excellent risk assessment helps, and careful laying out of accommodation). Some schools absorb gender-questioning pupils without fuss; teens queue happily for mixed Topshop changing rooms; and with time, maybe we’ll wonder why unisex loos were ever an issue.

is it now

The Observer reheats the first article with an even greater proportion dedicated to unquestioningly repeating A Woman's Place's claims, who are just asking questions, and want to be shown reason and evidence against their concerns for women's rights and sex-based protections, and furthermore- (post ends as I am mauled to death by a pack of hyperstimulated canines)

also is it too late to say nice things about Ms Adequate's clothes experience. My first time out in women's clothes I was wearing a dress under a large jacket in a foreign country to the corner shop with a friend at 10pm, where I would never see anyone else who saw me ever again in my life, and I was still spending the entire time afraid to even accidentally look anyone in the eye for fear i would see what they were thinking of me. that was about a year ago, and months of very gradual small steps later i'm now able to amble around town and go to work in skirts while only being moderately self-conscious. i've been lucky in that I haven't got any proper abuse yet but at least in my experience it does get easier, gradually. be trans do crimes.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i think there was the occasional positive portrayal of drag queens around which y'know, to 90s audiences were exactly the same as being one of those transgenders so that might count

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Lungboy posted:

Paraphrasing, but:
"is this transphobic thing transphobic?"
"nope"
"nuh uh"
"no"

also

"there's no conflict in standing up for the rights of trans women and at the same time standing up for the rights of women..."

can somebody hand these people like, an a4 sheet of common terf dogwhistles so we don't have to do this every time. maybe like, a newsletter. give it to them every week with their sunday breakfast

wait poo poo i've just invented the sunday times nevermind

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

My god

he looks like Samwise if he took the ring and went dark.

monochrome seems like a poor choice here for an inspiring political campaign image of your charismatic leader figure. it looks like the first half of an american attack ad before the colour comes back in and we see pictures of the nice candidate

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Any Labour Party members who just got an email saying 'failed ER check' about application to be a supporter - these have gone out in error and an apology email should be following in the next couple of hours!

(I phoned up so you don't have to)

is an ER check when the Queen has to give permission for supporters to be let into the party or is it when you check that the applicant is not, in fact, the Queen in a cunning disguise trying to influence labour politics

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i'm annoyed you can't get in-ear earphones that don't go all the loving way into your ear canal anymore. yes i do hate change

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the Morning Star's airtight excuse that it printed rampant transphobia by accident. we are morons who don't read our own newspaper or something. please forgive us.

The Morning Star posted:

The Morning Star apologises unreservedly for the publication last Tuesday of a cartoon which was offensive to trans people.

The cartoon had not been authorised for publication and its appearance in the print edition represents a failure to follow our own procedures for approving submissions. It was removed from online editions of the paper the same day, as soon as it was seen by the editor.

A notice was sent round staff on Tuesday reminding them of the process by which cartoon submissions must be approved before publication and we are determined that such a lapse in standards will not recur.

Again, we apologise for the offence caused by this cartoon, especially to our trans contributors and readers whom we have let down.

Would probably be a bit more convincing if the sidebar didn't contain a prominent link for "The drive to expel feminists from Labour is creating a hostile environment for women" but there you go.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

this week in Reasonable Centrist Media Balance

https://twitter.com/james1974_1/status/1233343624701730818

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Why is that jumped up oval office verified lol

His account is verified as the guy who is Wings Over Scotland
The Wings Over Scotland account was verified as Wings Over Scotland
The Wings Over Scotland account was banned for rampant bigotry and being an arse

Thus, his account is verified as the guy who is the thing that was banned, but he's still able to post because Twitter is a goddamn shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

UKMT: We will rue the day we all decided bullying was a bad thing