Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Billie Eilish is actually good though. Her album was probably the best of last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Even Gritty Realistic Bond was done better in Living Daylights anyway.

You Only Live Twice is still the best Bond, because it's the one that set up the most cliches.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Blazing Saddles is the ur-example of a parody being so perfect and hitting every single note that it ruins an entire genre in it's wake. No-one can do a happy, family friendly western anymore, because it'll just immediately be crushed by the gravity of Blazing Saddles.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I live in what used to be Bailie's constituency and good lord do I want to see the wheels come off her completely. We're one of the most deprived constituencies in the country and it's almost entirely on how she and ScotLab ran it into the ground.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The backlash against her was for being cast as a judge of a ballroom competition, an area she openly admits she knows nothing about, that means a whole lot culturally to a whole lot of people.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

bionic vapour boy posted:

Aren't there also legit worries about 5g in terms of how it will affect weather forecasting? BBC have had these "what if i'm ALLERGIC to 5g" clowns on a lot and I cannot wrap my head around why that's the angle. Unless they're trying to link an aversion to 5G with being a crank :tinfoil:

They're trying to link 5G to Spooky Chinese Infiltrators Stealing Your Bodily Fluids.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

"Scotland want to leave the UK due to disenfranchisement and having their demands routinely ignored in favour of England? What do you think of that, England?"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Right, a lad disappearing for a day and turning up a bit bleary-eyed the next day is one thing but he was missing for three weeks, is SIGINT, and was decomposing in literally the first place you'd check for a soldier who's dropped off the grid. Absolutely zero chance in this world or the next that no-one up the chain knew about it. 100% the squaddies had a game of Bash The Lad WIth A Funny Accent, done him in, and the nearest NCO has just put a blanket over him and told everyone to keep schtum.

Because, and say it with me, the British armed forces are LOUSY with fascists.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'd honestly like to be a chambermaid or a janitor. Cleaning is already my mental coping mechanism, so getting paid to do it would just be a bonus.

Plus, yeah, having a job that ends the moment your shift is done is excellent. No emails being sent home asking you to just finish this task off ASAP.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Trust me, if I were to do it, the more lucrative business would be Pay Me To Keep My Clothes On Cleaning.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

honestly I'm down with this, Leicester either gets cut off from the south, which is great because we'll finally gain our due recognition as northern, or we'll get cut off from the north, and more specifically derby

Wall from the Mersey to the Humber. It'll mean cutting Barnsley and Huddersfield in half, but c'est la vie.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Great timing considering I just had to help my brother-in-law carry a couch and a dishwasher down a flight of stairs that had a 180 degree turn at the end.

I've found the way I'll make my fortune: A facility where the only activity is throwing disused heavy furniture down concrete steps.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I made a coronation chicken wrap for my lunch so this is a weird coincidence.

(It was real good)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jose posted:

this seems as good a thread as any to ask for recommendations on bluetooth earphones that have good battery life. I've got some cheap anker ones but their battery life is a bit poo poo and i'm going to be spending a lot of time listening to music at my new job

I bought these a few weeks ago based on a really positive youtube review, and they've been solid gold in all that time. Really cheap for the really good quality, and hold a charge for a LONG time, dead easy to set up.

Anyway, I love going to the cinema alone, especially since unemployment means I can do it on a weekday afternoon, I'm regularly the only person in that screening. Dunno if I could do eating alone at a proper restaurant though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

namesake posted:

Supply chains are going to get completely wrecked this year though to the extent that the public will notice. There's a good chance that the knowledge that that'll happen again in January will get business and the public motivated enough to force the government to soft Brexit.

Given previous developments, I absolutely don't see this happening. I know it's pessimistic, but I honestly think the power of "we don't care just get it done" will outweigh the destroyed supply chains in the public's view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Working as intended.