Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
Went past Parliament around 9pm yesterday on the way back from work. It was about as surreal as expected.

There was a family with a few teenage sons, I assume? All the sons were wearing 3 piece suits and Union Jack ties and were completely, utterly shitfaced, one was holding onto the railing of Westminster bridge and wobbling so hard it seemed he might just fall over.

There was also an immense chap wearing an even larger flatcap walking a couple of bulldogs with his wife/girlfriend. Both were wearing flags on their backs and bulldogs were wearing Union Jack scarfs as well. A lady with a flag went past them and said: "Oh my, what amazing dogs! True British dogs!" in a voice I imagine when reading "uwu whats this ^^" copypastas.

There were more cops than there were during the heights of XR stuff happening. A few were in the process of having to listen to some agitated explanations from random guys in their 50s who looked like they've been talking for a while.

Some groups of people in Westminster station seemed to be lost and were asking for directions while standing about 10m away from the gates.

In general, the public seemed to consist of either people under 21 or over 50. I didn't see anybody non-white who didn't look like they 1. are returning or going to work, 2. already working, but I was only passing by and spent a grand total of 5 minutes there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU