Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

What on Earth are these labour texts for, so you get put on a list for merch / vouchers for pizza express?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I like that they've tried to go for a themed character for each country, and then one character for the whole nation, except for some reason England is represented by the Union Jack instead of the St George's Cross

I mean it totally makes sense given how England and Britain are always conflated

Edit: also just absolute lol at the tagline:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1230243160112148480

It actually strikes me as a cynical jab. "England fights for England, not the UK"

He’s supposed to be fighting dr octopus but there’s just panels and panels of him committing genocide in India?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

At the very least it’s going to be nice to have a labour leader who looks normal for once

(I know I’m being facetious some people do just vote on looks alone)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

XMNN posted:

I've been living in a self-imposed media blackout since I realised the news is always going to be poo poo and depressing because everyone everywhere is a oval office who actively wants things to get worse (approx. 10 pm on Dec 12th 2019) and the bits that have been making it through my embargo have only confirmed this theory

e.g. this was literally the first newspaper front page I happened to glance at in 2 months

Everything's poo poo and we're all going to die, but I've managed to get pretty zen about it. In a literal sense; I've started reading a bunch more books than I used to and medieval japanese people have it all figured out (the poetry writing monks, not so much the ones chopping off each others heads), everything is ephemeral and you can't do much to change anything so just go outside and enjoy nature

maybe try and write a haiku, there's a bunch of cherry blossom around atm

going to vote for Rebecca long-bailey and probably angela rayner unless there's someone better running for deputy? (the only other one who sent me anything was richard burgon who was loving useless IIRC)

Wasn’t Teresa May the “new Iron Lady” for a year and a bit? It was a complete lie (after the first few months anyway)