Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Guavanaut posted:

Perhaps we should join their union instead.

what’s all this union talk? good luck at the reeducAtion camps fella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lord Ludikrous posted:

It’s the acronyms that get me, I don’t think I’ve seen any other website that uses them as much as mumsnet does. Here are some choice excerpts from their official list.

Like do these things really need acronyms as opposed to just typing normally? That last one for instance, you’re literally one character off just using the full word - which along with acronyms of 6 or more characters rather defeats the point of acronyms in the first place. As does having acronyms that have multiple meanings.

YY

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is it legal for a bank to have a policy of not letting you open an account if you don’t speak english

oh who am i kidding

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
yeah a friend whose helping a relative move to the uk for work was just flatly told by metrobank that the relative couldn’t open an account because she doesn’t speak english (friend was acting as interpreter)

asked to get it in writing but the manager just said “it’s in our terms and conditions”

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
who was caroline flack

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
rebecca bong daily

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1228988763264684032

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
it was nice outside for like 45 minutes but now its gone. oh well

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

TACD posted:

Aw gently caress my passport's up for renewal as well. Probably too late to get a burgundy one now, I'm going to feel a deep sense of shame at having a blue passport.

*strong american accent voice* welcoem to the club

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what happened to jess phillips’ campaign to be the jess phillips leader of the jess phillips party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
sleet? seriously? gently caress off