Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Songbearer posted:

Describe a game you're playing like it's a 90's gaming magazine ad

BLAST YOUR WAY through hordes of DEATH DEALING ROBOTS in this action packed shooter! As a BADASS CYBORG, it's up to YOU to kick rear end with OVER 100 WEAPONS!

CAN'T STAND THE HEAT? TOO MUCH OF A WUSS? Don't worry, it's not real... IT'S SYNTHETIK.

BASED ON THE HIT NOVEL!

TAKE CONTROL of the world's most ELITE SOLDIERS in the most action packed, heart-pumping shooter today.

LET FREEDOM RING with dozens of weapons and toys just waiting for you to get your hands on them.

PLAY WITH 7 OF YOUR FRIENDS OR ENEMIES in MULTIPLAYER ACTION for the ULTIMATE BRAGGING RIGHTS.

TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE: THERE'S NO LEPRECHAUN AT THE END OF THIS RAINBOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
90s gaming mags giving me a flashback.

Seeing some wanna be gaming mag release a special cheesecake edition of videogame babes. Som wonky CG computer babe tits on the cover, the inside was little more than a bunch of pinups of random videogame women, plus these two lesbians notable for being the first lesbians used in videogame marketing for a game nobody played or remembered. it was tailor made for a recently pubescent videogamester and I asked my mom to buy it for me in the HEB with a straight face somehow.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nintendo Power: The SEX Issue

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Remember when Shaundi from Saints Row was a playboy pinup model

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Thankfully no.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think Saints Row 4 makes fun of it a few times.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CJacobs posted:

I think Saints Row 4 makes fun of it a few times.

I don’t remember that part specifically but I remember liking the Shaundi/Fun Shaundi bit

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I remember Fear Effect. :smith:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

I remember Fear Effect. :smith:

I too remember Fear Effect. And yes, the Unofficial PlayStation Magazine was notable for doing a yearly swimsuit edition with art by Joe Mad (Darksiders and Battlechasers creator) and various other popular artists of the late 90s. It was pretty sweet.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Khanstant posted:

90s gaming mags giving me a flashback.

Seeing some wanna be gaming mag release a special cheesecake edition of videogame babes. Som wonky CG computer babe tits on the cover, the inside was little more than a bunch of pinups of random videogame women, plus these two lesbians notable for being the first lesbians used in videogame marketing for a game nobody played or remembered. it was tailor made for a recently pubescent videogamester and I asked my mom to buy it for me in the HEB with a straight face somehow.

Gaming magazine ads were bizarre as hell. Several of these people are still working in the industry

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I never played Fear Effect but I had a strategy guide which made it sound like a very cool puzzle game (?)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's pretty hosed up to make their women staff wear bikinis for a photoshoot, but at least it wasn't a whole dev team of just douchey white guys in turtlenecks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
okay those aren't turtlenecks but i stand by my joke

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Songbearer posted:

Describe a game you're playing like it's a 90's gaming magazine ad

BLAST YOUR WAY through hordes of DEATH DEALING ROBOTS in this action packed shooter! As a BADASS CYBORG, it's up to YOU to kick rear end with OVER 100 WEAPONS!

CAN'T STAND THE HEAT? TOO MUCH OF A WUSS? Don't worry, it's not real... IT'S SYNTHETIK.

look at a map for 4000 hours

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I never played Fear Effect but I had a strategy guide which made it sound like a very cool puzzle game (?)

It's a Resident Evil clone but with a lot of FMV era design sensibilities so there's a heavier focus on puzzles and scripted events and of course the game loves to auto kill you for arbitrary reasons. But it's also legitimately neat, visually holds up for a PS1 game with its flat shaded style, and has a unique story about Chinese hell which I've never seen before or since.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Which is more powerful, the Fear Effect or the Mass Effect

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Tetris Effect

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gaming magazine ads were bizarre as hell. Several of these people are still working in the industry

I remember getting a PC Gamer that had a promotional disc for Gathering of Developers and it included a video of some kind of party with the developers and scantily-clad bikini models. Even as a kid I thought that was weird as gently caress.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

McSpanky posted:

Do people not normally do this? My family's always shopped for food in at least bi-weekly quantities for as long as I can remember. Maybe it's a Great Depression generational thing, like casseroles and patching ripped clothes.

I live walking distance from the supermarket so I dont normally ever get more than I can comfortably carry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

oddium posted:

youre playing farcry???

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

oddium posted:

Play as one of HUNDREDS of historical nations - including ENGLAND, FRANCE, and MANIPUR - in this EPIC, CENTURIES-SPANNING BATTLE ROYALE! Forge ALLIANCES, raise ARMIES, abuse the BURGHERS as you CONQUER the OLD WORLD and the NEW!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
can you imagine actually doing an england run in eu4

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
no, sorry never played one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

2B no

https://twitter.com/Karmama_/status/1233554730724532225

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
2B 2P to Tom Nook: These........ are my memories............

Tom Nook later that day: I'll sell you this antique sword for 1,300 bells! It's a premium price, don't delay.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/darearms/status/1233776912633356288?s=20

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
chop my head off and throw my head in the ocean!!!!! i will never pay my loans!!!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is kind of where I'm at mentally. Like I'm okay with going and getting a few extra groceries and things that are needed. That's cool. But everywhere I've seen is just 'get 2-3 weeks of food' like it'll be gone/dealt with by then, all while calling Trump a moron for thinking it'll be gone by April.

I get it just helps to avoid being around people and whatnot but the specific time gap being suggested has me more confused than anything.

fwiw I'm playing it a bit more pro-actively. I'm not getting unusually large amounts of stuff or anything like that, but I am making sure we keep things topped up more, instead of letting things run low before going shopping again like we usually do. It helps that I live in a somewhat isolated part of Canada and that the country is fairly pro-active about dealing with this properly, at least so far. Our biggest risk is bordering the US' dumb rear end so there's a pretty good chance we'll get an outbreak that way since the US system is garbage town and someone crossing the border will wind up loving everything up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Guess now's the time to bulk order a few kilos of Soylent powder, eh?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Guess now's the time to bulk order a few kilos of Soylent powder, eh?

Vega One has been my go-to for that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is why I don’t kill the rats living in my apt, I might need them someday

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

This is why I don’t kill the rats living in my apt, I might need them someday

I once lived in a shared house which then got invaded by about a dozen rats. They kept popping up in the bathroom for some reason, but we'd also see them running over furniture and leaving droppings around. I didn't want to kill them so figured out a particular spot in the bathroom where I could corner them one at a time, and then put a bowl over them, slid a placemat underneath, and deposited them out in the garden. This worked for all except one which unfortunately stuck it's tail out of the bowl at the last second and seemed to either faint or die (I'm not sure which, it might have broken its tail :() but we never saw another rat after that and I felt good that I didn't poison them :unsmith:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I think I'm ready for the apocalypse.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Where the hell are people stockpiling because of a virus? Like around here were some of the first cases of corona in Europe, and barely any fucks are given.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My friends in Japan are posting photos of empty store shelves

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Baller Time posted:

Where the hell are people stockpiling because of a virus? Like around here were some of the first cases of corona in Europe, and barely any fucks are given.

The article posted a few pages back basically said that this virus has the hallmarks of straining the system's ability to deal with it. Every quarantined person who has a food stockpile is one less person who has to get deliveries by the overworked system

For my part, where I live I really ought to have an earthquake disaster kit set up and so I'm treating this as killing two bird with one stone

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Baller Time posted:

The photos I posted were from Budapest

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Baller Time posted:

In Europe your government agency responsible for addressing the virus is presumably not an utter clownshow defunded and gutted by the people in charge and more concerned with preventing a market crash than a pandemic

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Is stockpiling like a game theory thing? Like Bob usually buys X units of food per week. If he don't stockpile, Alice may do it instead leaving only X-1 for Bob next week. So should Bob buy X+1 this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait poo poo you're gonna have to slow down, it's been years since I've played VLR