Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
carrying over from other thrtead

Rinkles posted:

cause of the visual changes?

no cos im a big weirdo and i liked the almost completely aimless wandering around a giant universe just doing whatever. i played release nms a lot and made my own goal of learning all the language stuff while travelling around and it was like a modern noctis iv. i also really like current nms though so its not like i would want it rolled back or anynthing, just might be nice to be able to boot up an original version and just have that more aimless and empty option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Relax Or DIE posted:

my friend i have some bad news about how the entire rest of the world that isnt america formats dates

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My interest in Magic the Gathering has faded recently mainly because there are so many other games that I want to check out and being locked into a daily routine game feels somewhat enervating.

The funny thing is that my current run with Magic started with the new Ravnica (guild megacity) set and has kind of petered out with the new Theros (Greek mythology) set.

My previous run with Magic started with the previous Ravnica set and petered out with the previous Theros set.

This has been the fourth stretch of time in my life that I have gotten into and out of Magic. It's like on a multi-year cycle

unironic suggestion to try hot new dcg runeterra

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
whats the word for when you appreciate what someone does and the style and craft and effort put in and that theyre probably good but you also just dont want to personally ever play one of their games again bcos thats how i feel about supergiant

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Khanstant posted:

Is your old one broke or are you like exclusively handheld Switchster?

they probably just want the new animal crossing themed one

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

is this why the bnet launcher is so horrific as well. i was using it on my old setup and kept having it just become unresponsive, but blamed my little i3 and 8gb of ram. it still does it on an i7 with 16gb.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

SeXReX posted:

ok now make it scale to 100 different resolutions and then also like 5 different aspect ratios

ok now make it not run properly on any of those and also it devours memory

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

SeXReX posted:

ahhh yes pointing out it's not as easy as drawing to specific x/y coords is me saying "the dumb rear end way blizzard did it is the only way it's possible"

UI is loving balls and there is a reason games often have someone who only worked on it

but everyone does it that way and it sucks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
there was an interview about it before and apparently for sc1 remaster they t alked to korean pros and they all said dont change anything, at all, dont touch anything, just do graphics, and for wc3 they talked to chinese and european pros and they said this game could do with a few patches and fixes and i dont know how much of that is true or not except the sc1 remaster bit is 100% def true

also they said they wanted to make "wc3 as perfectly balanced as sc1" which is funny because sc1 is not balanced at all which is why its good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

I said come in! posted:

The January thread was our most replied to thread for General Chat Games threads. Granted it went a day over, but it's still had the most responses by a large margin.

youre welcome

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

LionArcher posted:

30 and 40 is young as gently caress. We’ve got till 80-90 if not 100 easily. Eat healthy, do stretches so you don’t have a lot of back pain, and enjoy not having the angst of the lovely 20’s anymore.

i dont want to be that old

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

cheetah7071 posted:

I played more Disco Elysium and managed to actually get lucky with the rolls that were blocking me and I made a bunch of progress

game is fine. I'll probably finish it but unless there's a big improvement in the remainder I don't get why people were losing their minds about it. I'm 7ish hours in and I haven't seen any of the famed reactivity to my decisions. You seem to get the communist/monarchist/libertarian/centrist options on every political prompt. Hell, I snuck out at night when Kim was asleep to steal the shoes off the dead man, then wore them while I helped Kim bag up the corpse, and he didn't comment at all

welcome to the team

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

stux did you play krz

is krz like orz but its an alien from "alien" bowing instead

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

kentucky route zero sorry no alien though maybe alien? probably not an alien.

ahh then no i havnt... maybe some day. its on "the radar"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol at this reminder of the braintrust that Valve had
https://twitter.com/chetfaliszek/status/1218241190572642304

what would even be the problem if they were all from different devs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
those 3 screenshots all look more unique and seperate from each other to me than if you lined up a screenshot from every assassins creed, farcry and battlefield in front of me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
hollow knight... love that little bug!!!!!! adorable!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

folks there is only one game this big game i am here so much about

no tom no watch

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i knew i liked you stux

i live in old england so new england is my twin region

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah, it's been a thing for a few years.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/29/5357684/super-bowl-2014-nfl-trademark-business

get this i live in new england so old england is my twin region

im so sorry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
anodyne 2 is psychonauts 2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
cant wait for animal crossing wow, probably goty id say

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Gripweed posted:

I'm gonna play Animal Crossing on the Animal Crossing Switch and finally achieve "gaming nirvana"

game on friend

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Imagine playing through dark souls for your first time in tyool 2020

This is fun

in this TED talk i will explain how hollow knight is, in essence, a follow up to dark souls 1

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
hopefully the new animal crossing is just animal crossing again but newer and everyone saying all this other stuff get locked away from the game because they dont deserve it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

precision posted:

Hopefully the new animal crossing actually has lots of things to do

The idea of a game you play an hour a day for years is fine, but there needs to be enough to do

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Relax Or DIE posted:

I hope the new Animal Crossing adds daily and weekly quests, achievements, and maybe you gotta climb towers to uncover parts of the village map

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
rosie wasnt in the released animal pics so until she appears the rosie holding a pepsi is what im imagining will be on my switch in march

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
now just imagine if she found out about eu4!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Sakurazuka posted:

Drakengard 4....

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
i worked it out. 4 = the number of knuckles in a punch. god hand is back awoooooooooooooo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
im ok with platinum trying to finally make some paper, get after it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

precision posted:

Legit doubt it. That'd be way too obvious and cliché.

I'm guessing there's gonna be dead naked people strung up, and the only "sexual content" will be Ellie kissing her girlfriend. Any same-sex kissing gets rated as "mature sexual content" because, you know, gay.

yeah its 1000% this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
im going to go with the safer assumption of "homophobia"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Relax Or DIE posted:

why not both

im an optimist

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
everyone should just watch keep your hands off eizouken instead

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Stux posted:

everyone should just watch keep your hands off eizouken instead

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

i wanna travel to the fringes of space.
i cry in the bath every night about how big the universe is.
i try to do a hadoken every night before bed.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Relax Or DIE posted:

people keep saying this to me so i guess i might try an anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
ps1 owned and had more bright and colorful fun games than n64 whos main non-nintendo titles were garbage like turok and bad resi port