Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bad poll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its time, for the official february chat thread murder game of the month. this month, the game to murder posters in is altitude https://store.steampowered.com/app/41300/Altitude/

download and join the server that uh has a name that looks like a butt and says wide angle FFA. i'm literally the only person playing altitude in 2020 so it wont be hard to find it. be sure to get lots of practice in for the end of the month tournament where the winner earns the coveted february gamer of the month award

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thank you to everyone that participated in the murder game, the february gamer of the month tournament is shaping up to be a monster

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

So weird that MHW has a daily login bonus
they had a bad impulse in mhw of pretending that monhun is a kind of game that it isn't, between the login rewards and weekly quests and making the event quests time limited + the incredibly wrong headed design of the base mhw endgame

on the other hand, these daily gold prints from the appreciation fest going on right now are sick...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

whats the word for when you appreciate what someone does and the style and craft and effort put in and that theyre probably good but you also just dont want to personally ever play one of their games again bcos thats how i feel about supergiant
i believe that's twee

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah well, otogibara era made forty million yen findomming people as a virtual anime character

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That's not what that word means.
oh sorry I mean galge

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not unusual. electron and cef is real big right now, because no one in the past 40 years has ever managed to make a good ui api, so everyone just gave up and decided to embed web browsers in their apps

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

who the gently caress cares about api just write some raw script with 2d draw calls to very specific x,y coordinates it's not hard people i can do it in a loving afternoon
me, a non crazy person, I just use dear. but dear, as popular as it is, is also a form of giving up and a regression

it's fun watching everyone collectively realize that the past couple decades of computer science has largely been total bullshit

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mutata posted:

Let's rank 80s-90s Maxis games instead.

vvv This is unfortunately a bad opinion!
simgolf and then everything else

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

even if it didn't have the always online stuff, it was fundamentally a bad game and built on a simulation that barely worked and in no way functioned like a city

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LionArcher posted:

30 and 40 is young as gently caress. We’ve got till 80-90 if not 100 easily. Eat healthy, do stretches so you don’t have a lot of back pain, and enjoy not having the angst of the lovely 20’s anymore.
no one living today has till 100, sorry

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Grouchio posted:

If I can somehow become well-off and/or a highly valuable advisor/lobbyist in the next few decades, and get anti-aging/a synthetic body...
I will contest that claim.
not even billionaires have synthetic bodies, they just have enough money to pay young people for their blood + will be able to afford air conditioning in the post apocalypse

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

what would even be the problem if they were all from different devs
chet is a big brained marketing genius

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

let's not have the discussion again where hollow knight is conclusively proven to be a flash game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Baller Time posted:

Should I download 288GB of flash games/animations?
no, you really just need nanaca crash and the winnie the pooh baseball game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

she was wearing shoes before. long yellow boots, the same color as her fur

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

four of the capcom five are returning courtesy of platinum, that's right, pn04 is real and its coming to the nintendo switch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

doesn't yoko taro have his own studio for projects? i thought nier automata being a platinum joint was unusual for that series
i think he's just a contractor since cavia shut down, nier is a square game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Someday maybe he’ll make a game I like!!
someone hasn't played time crisis 2

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you're getting it on ps4 and have ps+, you might already have hitman 1 and can just load everything into 2. in which case you should definitely start with the hitman 1 missions before playing 2, but otherwise it doesn't matter

Jay Rust posted:

Hmm, the way the first new Hitman game at least was packaged was pretty confusing, with like a thousand different editions that each offered different bits and pieces of it. Frankly it wasn’t very consumer-friendly at all.
maybe they could have done a better job at explaining it, but there were pretty much just 3 ways to buy it. either $60 for the whole thing released over the year or whatever, or buying the levels individually, or a year and a half later when the DLC campaign came out buying the pack that included the first season + patient zero

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

There is no one on this planet who wants to buy Hitman levels à la carte!
idk, if I was broke I'd be very happy just buying sapienza for however much that cost. that's A Lot Of Gaming

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Took a bit but yeah, I have Hitman already. I guess I'll try that. Does that mean that if I buy H2 I will already have access to the DLC content or do I have to purchase it separately? I mean the H1 maps.
I forget exactly how it works, I think you need to install hitman 1 and click a button to get them as dlc for hitman 2. you should probably just do that anyway because they run a little bit better in the hitman 2 engine and then you can use the hitman 1 unlocks in the 2 levels. you can do that with the free demo of hitman 2, even

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Iceborne is bringing the heat when it comes to armour sets, especially for Palicos

Wish the same can be said for weapon designs, but goddamn do I love seeing what armour sets I'm gonna get from whatever freak of the week I've been stabbing
the weapon designs are still pretty lame compared to older games, but custom augments are kind of cool as a means to customize stuff. also the guild weapons in the event right now are hot as hell

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the guild "hammer"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Weedle posted:

Are there any genuinely sexy video games? Besides those Twine shorts where you get hosed by a computer's ghost or whatever.
depends, how much do you like anime ladies

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

do not read anything about paranoia agent, or any satoshi kon thing, just watch em (watch em all)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

do they not like, watch the show before translating it
no, because its still broadcasting. they license stuff before it even airs now and then put out their subs within days. even their dubs now are like a week after the original airing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

in other words, like an mmo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

structurally similar, mechanically totally different game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

would monster hunter world be considered an mmo? it's essentially identical to phantasy star online 1
no, but world gets closer

pso at least has the ship

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

was it the housers that were responsible for that? they've been making games for 30 years and horse balls only describes like 3 of them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Don't people love their RDR2 horses
I don't see how, any time I try to play that game I turn around and my horse has disappeared. it's like loving your car in gta5

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

also the crystal tower stuff was cool I hope there's more nero
You're In Luck

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

very sad about several ff14 cyber elves

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the snes version of alpha 2 isn't good, but I'm glad it exists

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

the only good video game is Monkey Island
kings quest 3 actually

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

lucasarts adventure games are strictly superior to Sierra
incorrect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

space quest 1, the game where you have to in the first five minutes use the tape library machine to solve a copy protection puzzle with very little prompting, and then hold onto it until about 60% through the game until someone asks for the tape and you discover whether the game thinks you pirated it or not

now that's gaming