Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bushisms.txt posted:

https://youtu.be/BvEKky9N1tQ

This planet coaster video is amazing, just continued to top itself

Delightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

Beat Sea Salt, its bad in two ways and somehow the gameplay piece isn't the part that bothers me as much.

In gameplay terms, its a bit of a mess. In a game all about pathfinding on the regular your minions will take insane and strange routes, stand around doing nothing, or seemingly go out of their way to get killed off-screen. Certain enemies are massively, massively more dangerous than others and you sort of have to hope enemies accidentally box themselves in sometimes because otherwise they can keep kiting your units forever. Further, on regular difficulty there really isn't any reason to not be using crabs/fishmen/cultists and ignoring all other things you can summon. Nice that you can retry any screen including bossfights. This setup so trundled the final boss I, 0 exaggeration, just held the attack button down and did literally nothing else and won.

The story though, thats the thing really bringing down the experience. The core concept is really fun, you are Dagon upset that your followers are being led astray by a church thats decided they don't want to make the sacrifices for you while reaping the rewards you give. The first problem is that the writing is honestly pretty bad; the evil bishops dialog is so badly written and confused its hard to understand why anyone would support him and fails to give you any understanding of the faith. It just is like "gibberish line", whining he doesn't want to die and that he hates his god, and then demanding the faithful to do things which they do; it is so badly written it makes it less satisfying to murder him. The second is that despite being a Lovecraft inspired game it dips into other motifs at seemingly random, like the entire ye olde fantasy setting necromancer, and then some completely unconnected jabs at christianity. The writing just can't seem to stay focused on the concept of "your followers have been led astray, you the very real and very active Dagon" and struggles mightily.

Good to know abandoning ship was the right call lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waltzing Along posted:

Would someone tell me about the Hitman games? Is there a story to follow or can you just jump in anywhere? Is the new one worth $15? I saw a vid that showed off a single level and it look interesting but I don't know if that would be enough for a full game.

The story is you are superclone John Hitman and you're going to kill people in as stupid a manner as you possibly can

The new ones are great, def pick them up. I think the Paris level is still free to try out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

That is a bit of a surprise, I thought Nintendo owned the IP. I had been thinking of buying the Switch version, but going to wait now.

I was going to get it on sale anyway so this just makes that sale faster to arrive

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

But I don't want to see a naked clicker

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The original concept of Last of Us seemed like it was gonna be pretty sexist:

(Also some people swear original concepts for the bloated infected reached fetish-levels of growth in this concept of the story but I haven't found any proof of that part.)

It sounds like Herbert's White Plague but dumber and with zombies

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I forgot about this race in Freelancer, the game where ships all have the same top speed

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 4, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Blast Corps' soundtrack is top tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm7pdLrIkbU&t=1108s

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MMF Freeway posted:

Isn't PSO kind of an mmo? Like a proto destiny type thing?

Destiny is almost exactly PSO but with Halo's pvp tacked on

Even the plot's about there

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sometimes I think about how everyone in Half-Life 2 calls you "The One Free Man"

the opener of the way

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The more I replay Freelancer the more I realize why other space sim games just don't hold up - they have literally zero charm. It's an old clunky game but stuff like the little journey the protagonist keeps letting you know his thoughts on things he's a dumb rear end in a top hat or the new bulletins different in each sector that update each mission to give you a sense of what's going on in the world beyond "space gas prices Good" and more just make it actually fun to go places, dock in an otherwise identical station (like all of them they're all kitbashed, but you know, budgets), shoot dudes for their flavor of ship, and repeat. Having space anomalies and space weather is all the better. It sucked but Rebel Galaxy is the only other one that actually came close to having an atmosphere - everything in that game is grungy as poo poo and you're just some dickhead redneck trucker.

X3 (and to a way lesser extent because they hosed the game up, X4) let you build empires and space fleets, but you do nothing with them and even if you could, who actually cares? Nothing is actually going on in the universe. You could never leave the starting sector and not actually miss any part of the game. There's no mystery or [/i]style[/i]. The big secret thing to find in X3 is a hub which lets you connect two sectors for better trading. Who cares! In Freelancer you can find alien worlds that kill you to be near, a planet of the apes, a planet of the mechanomen, broken colony ships, and and hulks and wrecks to get loot and gear and they all have a bit of flavor to let you know what the deal with the broken bounter hunter ship near the blown up space highway in the dark matter nebula with a lightning storm in it somehow is.

Too bad the successor to Freelancer is effectively Star Citizen lmao

e: Also there's a dumb space race in a game where everyone has the same max speed so the race is secretly you winning because you can pitch left and right and the ai can't lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 5, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Max Payne sucks, all of them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hey Joey when ya gonna drill me

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1225055502842900480

No yeah, your biggest competition is the phone games on the Fire no one plays and loving Stadia.

I'm on my phone someone post the sensible chuckle gif for me

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

ok but only because i like that gif

Thank you friend

I need to watch Danger 5 again

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like Subway's italian bmts as a cheap nightmare grease bomb

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol CliffyB, I think literally zero people in the world thought this

https://twitter.com/VG247/status/1225065658838388738

Hold on I got it this time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gripweed posted:

lmao how could anyone say the SNES had a better library than the PS2?

Super Metroid was p good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Xbox One X Series Xbox X is the best one, because it's just a computer

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

it only saved them in america they were doing fine everywhere else

It did it by tricking Americans too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxxidation posted:

trash. nonsense. malarkey.

you could maybe sort of view it as whatever ineffable kismet is guiding max's life tossing him a bone at the last second, but it's the sort of "good ending" that just hurts the thematic setup of everything before it. the game's called "the fall of max payne," not "the fall of max payne but then he just kind of starts floating in the air during the final six inches never mind"

Max Payne 2: Max Payne's Fallen And He Can't Get Up

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halo Reach

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

also: play DOOM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot how insane Freelancer multiplayer modding got lmao, the single player game is a pretty short and self contained little thing and people just blew it wide open

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do not

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

does kirby have teeth

berenice

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never played Diablo but all the diablo-likes I've played have been intensely boring

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Metamorphosis is in the public domain, so honestly you can do whatever you want with the title.

It's also a word in its own right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iA0m-hhFSk

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

Booette is good :colbert:

:chloe:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

Listen you dweebs, I had to put up with months of Bowsette pics :argh:

No to those too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McSpanky posted:

Had to, you mean

get to

:chloe:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I logged onto Gamepass to install either FFXV, Frostpunk, or ScourgeBringers but I also just saw that Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour is now available

Wolfenstein Youngblood is on there too

And FF15 but lol I'm not downloading that garbage

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

No, you see, you have to accuse everyone of weird sex stuff all the time which definitely doesn't say more about you than the people you're talking about lol

Are we pretending the bowsette stuff isn't weird sex stuff now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Songbearer posted:

Horneyposting, much like barefoot, Is Legal

No shirt
No shoes
No shitposts

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxqlb1--uKc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

If entire dog breeds are said to have distinct temperaments who’s to say that doesn’t also apply to humans??

no pull up

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still feel bad for how pitbulls have been mistreated all these years to this day :negative:

To this day everyone thinks Mr. Worldwide is a brutal yet smooth killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy1A3lCkw0E

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

More like Obored Halfway-In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

imagine in gone home if the ending was a cool alien hanging out with a big joint and he said "take me to your dealer" lol

It would have made the minute I played it even more special