Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Isn't Yakuza 5 actually 3, 4 and 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bushisms.txt posted:

https://youtu.be/BvEKky9N1tQ

This planet coaster video is amazing, just continued to top itself

I actually saw that the other day. Some of his stuff is pretty funny. I like the one he did for Buoyancy.

ymgve posted:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps comes out February 11 and it’s not on the list

March 11.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 1, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feels Villeneuve posted:

good morning. i am turning 30 in a week. this is bad

Congrats on finally being in the same general age group as the rest of the forums. Or is that the 40s?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s rank Zelda games again

Ok.

CD-I zeldas > BotW.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hatty posted:

I’ll rank the Zeldas by which has the best Zelda

Breath of the Wild
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess
A Link Between Worlds
A Link to the Past

I don’t think she talked in the others?

This is wrong. She was bad and annoying in BotW. But at least you got it right after that. So just move BotW to the end and you are good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

raditts posted:

guys my Best Buy GCU membership runs out for good on February 18, what games and accessories should I buy for my friends and loved ones

Pre-order every single game you are interested in that is available. You can always cancel later. But if you do choose to get them you still get the 20%.

You're welcome.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I often wonder if I will make to next week let alone 100.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Animal Crossing has axes.

Animal Crossing needs those axes to be used for animal hacking.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tomorrow is the 4th.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Would someone tell me about the Hitman games? Is there a story to follow or can you just jump in anywhere? Is the new one worth $15? I saw a vid that showed off a single level and it look interesting but I don't know if that would be enough for a full game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cool. I think I will pick it up. Does that mean pass on the first one? Is the 2016 a remake? I see there are a bunch of other games in the series.

Whoa, didn't realize it had been around since 2000.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

stev posted:

You can get all the levels from the 2016 one as DLC and it goes on sale pretty often.

Technically you should play 2016 first but it doesn't really matter. Just get it as DLC if you really like Hitman 2 and want more levels.

Seriously? You can buy the new one, and get all the content from the earlier one as DLC?

That's a great and novel idea. I'm not used to such consumer friendly practices.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

homeless snail posted:

if you're getting it on ps4 and have ps+, you might already have hitman 1 and can just load everything into 2. in which case you should definitely start with the hitman 1 missions before playing 2, but otherwise it doesn't matter

maybe they could have done a better job at explaining it, but there were pretty much just 3 ways to buy it. either $60 for the whole thing released over the year or whatever, or buying the levels individually, or a year and a half later when the DLC campaign came out buying the pack that included the first season + patient zero

Took a bit but yeah, I have Hitman already. I guess I'll try that. Does that mean that if I buy H2 I will already have access to the DLC content or do I have to purchase it separately? I mean the H1 maps.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm gonna pay extra for a bunch of useless crap and to get blocked on twitter by Kamiya.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Phantasium posted:

i'm not going to pay anything but msrp or less for the game because rubes have already done the rest of the work for me

I'm not going to pay a penny because I own it on Wii U and don't like it there, either.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Wonderful 401k.

We used to have pensions but now we have to rely on the stock market for our retirement.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've been playing Obra Dinn. Interesting game. It's like a logic puzzle. Not sure what genre I would put it in. I like it other than some of the janky mechanics. I don't see why I should have to backtrack to every body to look at a memory again. Once I've unlocked them, I should be able to do it all from the journal. Unless there is a way to do it. The game doesn't do a very good job of explaining how to play itself.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Thank you! i got frustrated with it real quick, neat idea but the prenentation put me right off.

I think it is sort of worth it if you get through enough to understand what is happening. I haven't decided other than I want to see if I can finish.

But essentially, when you start, you just want to find every body on the ship by bouncing from memory to memory. Until that is done, the game hasn't really begun. It's not even a game before then. It's just ... something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Andrast posted:

The DS has picross on it

The 3ds has the DS on it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Obra Dinn is something where you kind of have to know the right mindset the game expects of you to solve the puzzles. Like it does kind of expect you to make more "real world-y" inferences based on cultural knowledge like dress/accent/role than you might expect if you're going in expecting a pure grid-logic puzzle.

I can see that. I've got 9 fates done and feel like I am getting close to having to make educated guesses on a lot of stuff.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Monkey Fracas posted:

the only thing I didn't like about Obra Dinn was that so much information is contained in the living quarters with the hammocks

other than that I wish I could forget I played it so I could play it again; great concept and execution

god it's good

I figured out the 4 indian dudes who were sick based on their bunk #s. And there are 3 Russians that I will come back to at some point. I'm still working my way back through all the memories and figuring out how people died. I didn't do it the first time through because I just wanted to fill the journal ASAP once I realized how I couldn't truly play until that was done.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hwurmp posted:

After you've seen those memories for the first time, a ghostly body should appear where they died.

Not all of them. There are 3 on the rowboats that can only be accessed from one of the other bodies memories.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think I saw an Amiga once. I did have a friend who had a TG-16, though. Which at the time didn't seem strange but looking back is weird as hell.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

exquisite tea posted:

Not sure how I feel about this latest Beatles mashup.

This comment needs some respect. It probably went over a lot of peoples heads, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nate RFB posted:

Obra Dinn was a profoundly enjoyable experience but I can't help but feel some of the awe and sense of satasifaction was lost on me simply by how much of it I felt I could brute force. The number of deaths that were just 'well I feel I know 2/3 of these, I'm just going to cycle through every name until it clicks' was fairly frequent. Still every single time you clicked something and it shot back to black and hit you with that Success jingle was one of the best feelings ever.

I haven't done that yet, but I can totally see how the game can be abused in that fashion. Especially when one has eliminated a lot of possibilities.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've gotten to 30 in Obra Dinn. And some names for people who disappeared. Do I just leave those people as unknown? It seems the majority of people I have left are currently unknown. Am I going to get to a point where the plot moves on once I've ID'd the people that I know there cause of death? I kinda feel like I'm just going to have to start guessing soon.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well gently caress. I'll pick it up again tomorrow. I'm just not seeing anything for the disappeared. I could just choose ate by monster but didn't really see it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finished Obra Dinn. Meh.

I thought the final chapter would be at least a cool twist or interesting or something but...meh.

I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone. It was okay.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FirstAidKite posted:

What didn't you like about it?

You see those comments after yours? That sort of comment led me to believe the game was really special. But really, it's not. The first part of the game is putting together the narrative which is interesting. Then figuring out who everyone is was intriguing but not really a lot of fun for me. I kept on because I thought the hidden chapter was going to tie it all together and make it worthwhile. But it came off as a wet fart and I left feeling very disappointed.

I give the game credit for doing something I haven't seen before. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because if they took my recommendation and spent $$ it is very possible they would have the same reaction I did. To be fair, though, I only recommend games that I'd give a 9/10 or better. Same with movies. I only recommend things that I see as really great, not just good.

If Obra Dinn was free, I would definitely say give it a look. But to spend $$? Naw.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I kept hearing people say how the end was really awesome or something to that nature. So I was expecting a crazy swerve like aliens or something wacky. I wasn't expecting something that just fit in the narrative.

Also, my favorite character was the monkey so I was pretty pissed off at the monkeycide. I get that it was done so that there would be a way to see what happened in there but really, nothing much happened in there. So the monkey was killed for no reason. So, if you want my recommendation: don't kill cool monkeys!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What do I play now?
Nier:A
Control
Hitman 2

Or...challenge mode:
Finally beat SSI i Sekirobang my head against the wall some more in Sekiro
Or try Radiance in Hollow Knight

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Stux posted:

nier:a without a question

That's what I've been leaning towards. I just am hesitant because I hear it has a poo poo ton of endings. Does that mean I have to play all the way though repeatedly to see the majority of the game?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I probably didn't choose the best words. The game is special in that it is different. I was just expecting something really mind blowing the way people had been singing its praises. I went in with high expectations. The weren't met. As opposed to something like Portal 2 which I had heard was pretty good but I was completely blown away by.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can't you just use GOG 2.0 to log into everything at once and use that as an AIO launcher?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FirstAidKite posted:

What would anyone here want to see from a Demon's Souls remaster? Just a completely faithful 1:1 remaster or would you want to see some new content, like in the form of the giant archstone, or just new bosses and areas or ways to more easily flip between the world tendency or more world tendency events in general?

You should be able to gently caress things to death.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It turns out the Aerith was Sephiroth all along.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have not played FF7.

Is there no revive mechanic in the game? If you die, you are dead? Or is Aerith just special killed so she can't be revived?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

wait the internet hacker 4chan how'd they get a hold of him

They asked anonymous for his number.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Asylum had one problem and that was the stupid batcave.
City just had a pointless open world and far too many collectibles.
Origins had the stupid goal system that was far too easy to fail and an empty open world that was too big. (And the best story in the series.)
And Knight was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Looper posted:

the first three harry potter games on gamecube are pretty fun (though very janky) zelda-like adventure games. and the two gbc games are really cute rpgs. and lego harry potter is good. these are my harry potter game opinions

Just for a frame of reference: how old were you when you played these games?