Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Bastion was the game that made me realize how much I dislike isometric camera angles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just got my first sub three hour run in OoT rando

It was 2:59:58 but I take that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

hell yeah

what's your long time goal time

I mean there's like an hour of variability in how fast seeds are but my next goal is for sub-3 to be normal instead of exciting. Then sub-2:30. Sub-2 is very very very rare even for the best racers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played more Disco Elysium and managed to actually get lucky with the rolls that were blocking me and I made a bunch of progress

game is fine. I'll probably finish it but unless there's a big improvement in the remainder I don't get why people were losing their minds about it. I'm 7ish hours in and I haven't seen any of the famed reactivity to my decisions. You seem to get the communist/monarchist/libertarian/centrist options on every political prompt. Hell, I snuck out at night when Kim was asleep to steal the shoes off the dead man, then wore them while I helped Kim bag up the corpse, and he didn't comment at all

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I don't think reactivity was really the big selling point of DE, at least for me.

I saw a bunch of people hyping it up. Like "if you pick the communist options, more communist options show up!" Maybe that's true but some amount of communist options are also still there even if you don't pick them

Hwurmp posted:

did you talk to him about the boots

Oxxidation posted:

talk to him while you're wearing the shoes

I legitimately remember doing that but maybe I put the shoes on just after talking to him for the morning or something

Then I immediately made the mistake of bagging the corpse first thing in the morning and had to spend the entire day without him

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

as someone so abhorrent in form and nature that the idea of knowing me carnally drives the better molded to claw out their eyes, I can confirm that this is not true

that's exactly what a wizard who doesn't want competition would say

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I'm not sure that even happens aside from unlocking thought cabinet stuff and game remembering some specific decisions that came up.

I think it's more that increasing a stat will make the associated personality trait pipe up way more.

Yeah I think this was probably reviews from people who played once, went heavy in on one of the supported character archetypes, thought the game was responding to their choices much more than it actually was, and then raving about it because that would legitimately be incredible if it was what was really happening

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's called a dex save now grandpa

pathfinder still exists, for some reason

though I could say the same about 5e

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Blades in the Dark is much better than any D&D-like so good choice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ori felt less like a metroivania and more like a game that asks you to explore a bit to find the next required location. Its strength definitely lies in the quality of the platforming rather than the quality of the map

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mostly the mechanic in Ori where you propel yourself off of things was great. It would have been better as a platformer with that as the central mechanic than a vania with that as one of the upgrades

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Vita means lifeless grip

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
did Rarity never find the February thread

I was looking forward to the Radiant Dawn wrapup post

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There were multiple genres that for many years just only existed on PC or had very few console entries. 4x, RTS, FPS, whatever genre you can things like roller coaster tycoon. I don't buy the claim that PC gaming was ever dead in the US unless it so long ago it was before I was playing games yet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

this is also true for most nippon ichi games. no one plays disgaea for the turn based combat

I do

Only the postgame is what you describe, the main game is just a normal SRPG

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

Put precision in the ahegaol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SeXReX posted:

the tiny fraction of sexual assault victims who use roleplay as a coping mechanism doesn't make normalizing it with the stupid crosseyed O face good

What

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

haveblue posted:

Wait are ahegao and ahoge different things

Aho (idiot) + ge (hair), means a cowlick. Traditionally, anime characters with an ahoge are idiots, hence the name
Ahe (sweat) + gao (face) is an extremely overrexaggerated orgasm face. It's a fetish thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hi cat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Unless I wildly misread the situation, the serious of ahegaol emptyquotes were people marveling at the mastery of the pun, not trying to dunk on you

mine certainly was

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
for real though bringing up boosette unbidden was like, very slightly weird, but nobody should give a poo poo if you find her cute, sexy, or relentlessly masturbate to her

e: this was meant to be a comedic escalation of levels of attraction, not an implication I think that's where you're at, or care

Rinkles posted:

Didn't you call your attraction half half?

who cares

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 6, 2020

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When did you all learn that gaol was pronounced the same way as jail

Non-brits only

middle school when The Count of Monte Cristo was assigned reading

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Let's banish the word ahegao like we did with the word horny

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
hi cat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I kind of want a reptile pet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

a surprise twist where they increase her tit size to appease all the gamers upset that they weren't casaba melon sized but then sephiroth cuts them off and she's flat chested for the rest of the game

Weird post imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My FF7 faves are Aeris and Red XIII and nobody else really comes close to those two

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish it was FFVIII getting the cool remake because it would benefit from it a lot more

FF8 but good would suck. FF8's power comes from being a broken mess

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FF had an incredible run in 6-10. Probably 5 too but I haven't played it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

it's on my vague maybe list. I plan to, someday, but who knows when someday is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

you could always join up with the Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta

I feel like playing a gimmick run as my first playthrough is not the optimal way to enjoy FF5

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Something about open world makes certain people extremely emphatic that it must be objectively bad instead of just not for them, in a way I don't really see for other genres

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
can't wait to see that lion dog dress up as a sailor in episode 2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

interested in granblue fantasy but no one on the roster speaks to me

My Cygames game of choice is shadowverse so I can never remember which characters are from granblue and which are from rage of bahamut

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FF7 was incredibly dope and if the remake has even like, 3/4 of the charm of the original on top of the increased production values its gonna be one of my favorite games of 2020. This isn't even nostalgia talking, I first played FF7 like 3 years ago.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Charlotta is a miserable card to play against in shadowverse imo so I gotta disapprove of her

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It is unbalanced and confusing. Isn't remotely hard though

I know my grade school self would have had trouble with some of the more confusing points of progression--bringing drinks to the guards, giving the warden his teeth--if it weren't for the fact that everyone else my age was also playing them and talking about them constantly

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Grapplejack posted:

Asking a friend who plays granblue and apparently all men in granblue have prominent titty

Why is granblue so horny? Are they going for the horny gacha audience?

There is no non-horny gacha audience

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
my final opinion on Nier A was good music, good character designs, mediocre story, bad combat, so there's a chance your current impression will just stay there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I wish people would stop calling any combat system with a timing element rhythm games

Okay but idea: an action game that is a rhythm game, where attacks are timed on the downbeats or whatever