Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

happy valentines, bowsette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is Gamestop dying for real for real.

I feel like I've been reading "yep they're dead for good" for a couple years now and I'm still able to walk into mine and nothing is really wrong there so :shrug:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Looper posted:

what are you expecting to see?

they hardly sell games outside of pre-orders anymore and employees are forced to never leave you alone or they get written up for not meeting quotas mandated by out of touch executives

I mean I just go in for pre-orders and if I need quick cash on a game I have sitting around so :v:

Iunno, just never really seemed like the workers there are stressed and haven't really been harassed about subscribing or anything like that at mine so it just seems very normal for a game store. Hearing 'it's going to die any day now' just comes off as strange to me with how 'normal' things are.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have severe anxiety problems so turning on the tv or hearing it in passing talk about how we're all going to die and it's Trumps fault for gutting our medical research teams fills me with existential terror.

I really don't know what to do about it either other than suddenly burst into the thread and have a mini attack. I told myself we're going to get hit- just a matter of time when but now I'm just not able to sleep as I keep waking up and refreshing twitter or whatever else. This virus is ruining me before it can even reach me :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks for talking about it thread and sorry for barging in on it all. I have a few friends that are pretty negative and it's been on me (for better or worse) to keep them level headed and my anxiety finally flared up because I just don't know what to believe at this point. I currently live with my mother because she's getting up in age and seriously needs me around otherwise she falls flat on her face a lot and I'm super concerned about her- and just everything in general. Seeing footage of stores completely cleaned out has me wondering if I should be doomsday prepping myself- that kind of thing.

Then I hop online and it feels like I have two sides going "we're all going to die panic panic panic.'' while another side is just "you know the media is just trying to scare you right, this really isn't that bad." and it's just doing a number on my stupid rear end when all I want to do is try to live my life and play funny animal crossing game :smith: I just feel really overwhelmed as gaming is usually my escape for unwinding and now that it's getting hit in discussions it's hard to avoid.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What wonderful cats.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Punchy told me that if the rain were replaced with chocolate milk he would lay on his back with his mouth open until he drowned to death and that kind of cemented him as my favorite villager of all time. Seeing Punchy rise up in the past few years has filled me with power.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

K.K fan songs are good but I get sad when the trademark 'awoo' isn't in them

Looper posted:

my gf's favorite animal has always been punchy and i've suddenly seen like three other people also say he's their favorite in the last couple days, it's been a bit surreal

I don't think I had a favorite in the gamecube game. I only got to play it sparingly due to uh, abusive stuff nobody wants to hear about and it being a 'girly' game. But when Wild World came out he was one of my villagers (and where that line came from) and I remember talking to him every day because his stupid quotes always made me laugh. Now whenever I play AC games I try my best to make sure he's in my village because even if the script is weak he still has that special growing up connection with me :v:

For what it's worth though yeah seeing other people come out and draw fanart of him has surprised me as I always heard 'bob is the best' while I'm in the background going 'but Punchy is better tho'.

He's a very good cat. Look at him go.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll be honest I don't really entirely get how stockpiling a few weeks of food would even help.

Like, if an outbreak does occur, its not gonna just last a few weeks right? Its gonna be something we have to deal with for months. At least that was how I thought it was shaping up.

This is kind of where I'm at mentally. Like I'm okay with going and getting a few extra groceries and things that are needed. That's cool. But everywhere I've seen is just 'get 2-3 weeks of food' like it'll be gone/dealt with by then, all while calling Trump a moron for thinking it'll be gone by April.

I get it just helps to avoid being around people and whatnot but the specific time gap being suggested has me more confused than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVuch7gT8ms

March thread is just this link.