Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Usual chat thread creator axelblaze is currently at Burning Man or ComicCon or something and asked for someone else to make this month's thread.

Credit for this month's thread title goes to forums user hatty (and maybe forums user The 7th Guest as well, it was sort of an alley-oop).

List of February 2020 Releases:
Dawn of Fear (PlayStation 4) – February 3
Life is Strange 2: Complete Season (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 4
Monster Energy Supercross 3 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – February 4
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac) – February 4
The Sims 4: Tiny Living (PlayStation 4, Xbox One) – February 4
Zombie Army 4: Dead War (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 4
Granblue Fantasy Versus (PlayStation 4) – February 6
Knights and Bikes (Switch) – February 6
KUNAI (Switch, PC) – February 6
The Turing Test (Switch) – February 7
AO Tennis 2 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch) – February 11
Yakuza 5 (PlayStation 4) – February 11
Street Fighter V: Champion Edition (PlayStation 4, PC) – February 14
Darksiders Genesis (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch) – February 14
Dreams (PlayStation 4) – February 14
Table Manners (PC) – February 14
Hunt: Showdown (PlayStation 4) – February 18
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Switch) – February 20
Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind (Xbox One) – February 25
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – February 25
Samurai Shodown (Switch) – February 25
Two Point Hospital (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch) – February 25
Metro Redux (Switch) – February 28
One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 28
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV (PlayStation 4, PC) – February 28

Wow your significant other with these classic gaming Valentine's puns! :lovewcc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“gamer valentine” is a real choice google image search

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So weird that MHW has a daily login bonus

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And how much combat there is in the following 75 hours

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Because of random encounters. There are way too many

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There’s a mod on PC you can get that makes everyone get xp regardless of if you used them, highly recommended

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

Pinky is such a vocal kitty.

Now that’s what I call a cat!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Weedle posted:

All the Final Fantasy Tactics chat in the last thread inspired me to finally get into it. I just finished the first fight after the prologue, against the Corpse Brigade in Gariland, and I want to change my party’s class composition to a mix of melee and ranged guys. The only units I have are Squires and Chemists; is there any reason not to just switch some Squires to Knights and Archers right now before I get going? Should I make Ramza a Knight too? How easy is it to screw myself over by loving around with this stuff? I don’t have much experience with this style of game.

Squires have the JP Up support ability, and I typically teach that to all of my folks before moving on. You unlock new classes by reaching a certain level in other classes, and some advanced classes have complicated requirements. Feel free to look these up.

It’s a tough game, and sometimes you’ll have to grind a bit before being able to overcome certain encounters, especially if you’re going in blind. If you’re okay with that, you can go ahead and experiment; the character customization is stellar and finding strong combinations is really fun!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This whole Warcraft kerfuffle makes me want to replay Diablo 2. I’ve never checked out its mod scene but I’ve heard that it’s quite juicy!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

The January thread was our most replied to thread for General Chat Games threads. Granted it went a day over, but it's still had the most responses by a large margin.

Let’s rank Zelda games again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Does that account for people doing multiple posts in a row some of the posters do? That's not a slam against those that do that, I mean I've done that too, just wondering if the numbers wouldn't be a bit bloated that way.

Awkward...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Haven’t played too many, and of those only a couple in the past decade, but sure:

SimCity 2000 (SNES)
SimTower
SimFarm
SimAnt

e: removed non-80s-90s games

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 2, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That relatively recent SimCity from like five years probably flopped because of EA reasons

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s the thing about hot takes... they can burn you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pharohman777 posted:

The egg subsection of the trans community is utterly loathed in the crossdressing/feminine male community. Due to repeated attempts by them to get guys to 'come out' as trans via dm's and such that haven't really stopped even today.

What’s this egg thing?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mutata posted:

Man, I'm so excited for Animal Crossing. The New Leaf thread was awesome and that one goon had that town, Crapton I think, that was open 24/7 where we could all go dump items for everyone to catalog and someone would get a fat turnip price every week and we'd all get rich.

I gave all my townies security cameras as gifts and they put them in their houses, creating a surveillance state. I built an arcade upstairs in my house. It kicked rear end.

This is the best pic I could find. This was in the early stages.

One hour ago I would’ve said “Yeah Animal Crossing is just one of those games that isn’t for me” but now I’m like “Man I might buy Animal Crossing”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess two games does count as a series

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Someday maybe he’ll make a game I like!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

I’m not used to such consumer friendly practices.

Hmm, the way the first new Hitman game at least was packaged was pretty confusing, with like a thousand different editions that each offered different bits and pieces of it. Frankly it wasn’t very consumer-friendly at all.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Offering you the choice to buy the game a la carte was actually very pro consumer

Gamers freaking out over that business model was really weird and wrong.

I mean, hitman 2 still has confusing editions and seasons and it isn't super clear what contains what, that's still an issue.

What people hated on hitman for though was the release of pushing a map every so often and letting you buy them as you play them which was a good thing.

There is no one on this planet who wants to buy Hitman levels à la carte!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In hindsight sure, but no gamer could possibly go “Let’s see, I’d like some Marrakech, Hokkaido and Patient Zero please” sight unseen

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To me, the Hitman style of selling confusingly-titled DLC combos reeks of "We offer you the CHOICE of CHOOSING the best Hitman package for you and your family" and it's just not worth it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is sexual violence a cliché? Yikes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Isn’t that the plot of Children of Men (I haven’t seen it)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it still does everyone’s favourite, “male character has to guide precious female commodity to safety”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hitman chat earlier today made me decide that I’m going to break my “don’t buy any games in2020” fast with Hitman 2. Grats to io interactive!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

speaking of video game kickstarters, what the fu*k

The bubsy 3d remake in 2013 was pretty interesting, i hope Ty continues to examine the space between games and exploratory art

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was hanging out with some acquaintances a while back, and my ears perked up when I heard them mention Persona. But they were talking about the Ingmar Bergman film :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is diablo an MMO?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idgi

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vice city was a really funny game iirc. I wonder how it holds up!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

The soundtrack is amazing. The graphics look dated and the controls feel janky compared to modern gta but it holds up okay.

I was thinking more along the lines of, like how racist / sexist / homophobic / transphobic is it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gripweed posted:

IDW publishes the Sonic the Hedgehog comics. The man in the picture is Ken Penders

Ah I see. Is he in the news,? That’s a 2017 tweet

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I don't loving know I just saw the tweet and thought it was funny. jesus christ

Sorry, I didn’t get it and thought maybe he had done a sex crime or something, sorry

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

i was 13 when i played final fantasy 7 so you can guess what made me emotional!!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish the RP walk in Yakuza 0 was like 20-30% faster

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

why is there a fast food forum now :psyduck:

How many thread derails happen every day on SA because of arguments about bbq or hot dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Quiznos makes better sandwiches than Subway