Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I had to skip the last 20 pages of the last thread because I’m busy busy busy these days so I hope I didn’t miss any great posts or funny/cool videos. I came home from work Thursday and was pretty stressed out, and after writing some reports and doing the dishes I settled on Tetris Effect for a kind of mental cooldown. I don’t think I knew it had Relax modes baked in, but I appreciated them and I feel like they worked, even if I only had 15 minutes to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
In FFT, the Squire class gets two very important abilities (imo): JP Up and Throw Stone. JP Up is a multiplier to the JP earned by any action, and Throw Stone is a weak ranged attack with no cost. In the beginning of the game I usually spend several battles killing all the monsters except one, then throwing stones at my party members to gain a bunch of JP. You’ll wind up gaining abilities and classes a lot faster than if you were just focusing on finishing maps as quickly or efficiently as possible.

I’m a little bummed about this Warcraft 3 news because I never had a copy myself and only played bits at friends houses. It interested me but I’ve never been a major PC gamer. Now it looks like I’ll never be able to get the unadulterated version

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Yeah I guess accumulate would be better, Throw Stone is cheaper I think then JP Up then I usually move on. I got the iOS version a year ago and I think I’m still in Ch 1 just throwing rocks. Obvs I haven’t played it in months.

gently caress Algus

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Weedle posted:

Ok cool. I’m just going to use all my save slots and see what works. I’m probably going to have to abandon the guy beset by highwayman outside Gariland because if I pick the rescue option he immediately runs into the middle of the Corpse Brigade and gets destroyed before I can even hit him with a potion. Sorry pal

Yeah, you don’t have do anything extreme. It just has the potential to be gamed since there are a lot of systems. Not to continue the FFT chat forever but with that guy you’re talking about, you actually get a (minor) better reward for saying your duty is to kill the bandits instead of save the dude.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

i went to a whiskey tasting and super bowl and i'm full of whiskey and superbowl goodnight

I went to a beer tasting then saw Groundhog Day for the first time. It was a good day

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I bought Dead Cells for PS4 despite having it from early access on PC, because my laptop couldn’t run it very smoothly. Played some last night and experienced a bunch of controller lag, which I’ve never experienced on an offline console game. It was worse than the lag on my computer, because at least there everything slowed down. It was crazy, dropping inputs and delaying commands like crazy, and I’m not very familiar with the game I was starting to think that it was a mechanic like whatever Corruption or Malaise is.

Anyway I got farther than ever before on that run because I took the mutation that gives x1.5 health and was tanking hits with my weird face. I switched controllers and worked fine after that, but I didn’t make it back to the Throne Room

Hey, in Dead Cells why is there a door that says I need DLC to enter it but there’s no DLC in the store? I got the one with the Tomb of the Giants or whatever on sale a week ago, if that helps.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I bought Iceborne last night, but didn’t get a chance to play it yet. Haven’t touched MHW since beating it about a month after it came out. I hear there’s new combos or moves for all the weapons? Unironically excited to relearn all 14 weapons

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

The first thing I did after loading up Iceborne was take the FFXIV quest and my rank 7 weapons were IG, long sword, heavy bowgun and SnS. I took the long sword because I thought it would easy but I had to completely relearn the controls and I ate monster chicken poo poo three times without figuring out how to power up the sword. I made it to HR 50 before quitting and now I feel like I’m going through physical therapy to learn how to walk again.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Yeah what did you wear

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

There will Palicos and they will have human teeth

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I spent my adolescence wanting to make video games so I went to college for a computer science degree. The math was very hard and I was not good at studying so I switched to an English degree (emphasis on Creative Writing) instead. After graduating with a BA I worked a series of poo poo jobs such as driving an ice delivery truck, working the graveyard shift at a gas station, and being the DJ/Emcee at a strip club. Then I took a temp job in a call center and six years later I’m part of the Project Management Office in their IT Department, in a role that I feel very well suited for and find very fulfilling.

The point is that everyone is the sum of their parts, and as long as you can learn something about an experience you’re growing yourself. And if you can then frame those experiences into positives then you’re better set than any paper degree will get you alone.

Although part of me is a little bit jealous of people who can play video games for 10+ hours a day. I’ve been getting like 1 Monster Hunter quest in a night lately, if I’m lucky.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 18, 2020

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

It’s actually NARCos, a demake of the classic arcade title that runs in a simulated operating system

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Grouchio had a good day and already distinguished themselves as being competent at required tasks. I can’t remember if this is the internship that was posted about a few days ago, but if you know your contact is only a few weeks and you’re just entering the workforce, impressing your bosses is a good way to improve your shot at future employment. I agree that you shouldn’t put the company before your personal life, but some jobs are fulfilling and can help support a better quality of life. If you want to do the bare minimum and punch the clock for 30 years, that’s fine. If you want to distinguish yourself and try for a better job down the road, that’s good also.

I fear this might be pounced on as me being some corporate bootlicker, but that’s not it. I just think you should take pride in your work and also be aware of when your employer starts to take advantage of you. Hopefully you work for a company who does work you find morally sound and treats you like a person. Idk, there was just a lot of vitriol towards Grouchio having a good day at work.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Hold on I’m almost done with my kotaku post about “What MMO Role Are You At Work?” where you can read my keen insights into whether you’re a DPS (heavy, monitored workload) or tank (responsible for success/failure independent of the contributions of others)

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 20, 2020

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Anyway this is what I came to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rylS-X0s-KM

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Has anyone played that Dreams game? Is it worth it? Are the various games people make cool enough to check out? Is the creation stuff easy to get into?

Yeah, I think so. I got it in early access and it looks like they’ve made a lot of improvements since then. It’s really easy to make things, and the you can make something abstract or hyper detailed with the same tools. You can also remix other peoples’ creations or just borrow assets from them to make your own hodgepodge creations. I wound up buying the Move controllers for it but they didn’t make me a better artist. However, I was still able to cobble together some ugly stuff I’m proud of that uses the different systems.

There’s a lot of already created stuff out there now. The quality on some of it is great and I’m usually surprised that it wasn’t made by Media Molecule to show off the system. There are also some really, uh, outsider art pieces like skits of Goku fighting Roger Rabbit. The auto surf option is great if you just want to chill out for a while and sample creations. They fixed the thing where if you did auto surf it would break up games that used multiple scenes (title page is one scene, then it used to shuffle in some unrelated content before getting back to the original game). The thread here isn’t very active but the game seems to be plenty alive. I would recommend it if any of what it’s selling sounds interesting.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

bushisms.txt posted:

https://youtu.be/55iTYdRDG4s

The marbula one, sponsored by big weed, started up recently. Anyone got a favorite roller?

Green Ducks all the way

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I spent yesterday being sick and it kinda rolled over into today so what up sick day buddy

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

Do trees not count? Does land with nothing but fruit trees count as a farm? Hmmmm....

Sim Orchard

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I got a decent bump to my paycheck for working overtime recently and I’m having to finally come to teens with my inability to play everything I want. I was looking at a lack Ops 4 and Tekken 7, but I’ve back into Monster Hunter World with the Iceborne expansion and I simply don’t have the time to play anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

A friend lent me their copy of Final Fantasy 6 and they had a real end game save with tons of hours on it. I don’t remember the specifics but I think I accidentally jostled the SNES while it was on and wound up deleting all the saves. The guy wasn’t a dick about it but I could tell he was disappointed.

Later I lent my copy of FFVII to someone and they said the second disc just snapped in half inside the console while it was on. Another friend borrowed Xenogears for months and I kept asking for it back. Eventually he said he lost it so I saved up and bought another copy. Then he was like “dude I had out the whole time I’m sorry”.

Ugh, people