Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

guys i'm committed to playing some pathfinder tabletop stuff tomorrow but i've drank a lot of beer and now i'm going to be extremely hungover for the meetup. sorry you had to find out this way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

whats the word for when you appreciate what someone does and the style and craft and effort put in and that theyre probably good but you also just dont want to personally ever play one of their games again bcos thats how i feel about supergiant

namaste

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

guys i'm committed to playing some pathfinder tabletop stuff tomorrow but i've drank a lot of beer and now i'm going to be extremely hungover for the meetup. sorry you had to find out this way

status update: i forgot to close out the witcher the other night while doing this and just put my computer to sleep, which means for the past 33 hours an npc was waiting on geralt to reply to something in their dialogue tree

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i went to a whiskey tasting and super bowl and i'm full of whiskey and superbowl goodnight

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm seeing double, 44 platinums!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

each peach pear plum

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh yeah wasn't platinum working on something called something something babylon

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

doesn't yoko taro have his own studio for projects? i thought nier automata being a platinum joint was unusual for that series

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

I guess two games does count as a series

it's all part of that drakengard stuff too right

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the man has panache i'll give him that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i haven't wound up playing destiny 2 with my sister yet (i don't rule it out) but just on the impression that i might end up doing so i tried to educate myself on what content comes from where and gazing into that abyss is what i assume the color out of space movie is about

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nioh automata

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ex machina was pretty good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

the guild "hammer"

i see you've played knifey spoony before

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kamiya seems more like a red bull and vodka man

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so why the number 4 then

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t that the plot of Children of Men (I haven’t seen it)

children of men is people just stop giving birth entirely i think

y the last man was all males of all species on the planet drop dead simultaneously one day, except for one guy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

who’s dengen entertainment, do they make dengen rumpa

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dangen bobby

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1224477118744186880?s=21

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i meant to go to bed early last night because i was still feeling it from the super bowl party i was at on sunday but i started watching the iowa caucus and i only managed to fall asleep at 1:00 in the morning and i feel even worse than yesterday and i have all these videogames i want to play but i'm so tired

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i didn't even get to play the witcher

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you get sword techniques from one shop, yeah. one lets you chain dashes (the most important imho), one is a dash slash that lets you pass through enemies and does 2 damage to each one/extends the length of the dash, and one is a thrust dash that only does one hit of damage on its own but sends the enemy flying and if they hit a wall they take a big chunk of damage (or even better, fall down a pit and die instantly). the gun shop just gives each gun more shots from what i remember. can't remember which of them sells grenades.

edit: oh and there's a charge up swing/spin attack that does a big chunk of damage but obviously it takes a little bit to wind up and you essentially have to plant your feet while holding it (you get a grace period of about 6 inches of movement while charging)

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 4, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you know what i'm getting myself all mixed up here:

sword shop:
-dash slash
-deflect bullets with sword
-spin attack

movement shop:
-chain dash
-dash eats bullets
-dash stab

gun shop:
-extra bullets for each gun

bomb shop:
-unlock bomb ability (infinite use but has a cooldown), upgrade to two charges

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

once you find the shotgun you'll use the gun more, it's your biggest source of a big spike of "gently caress you" damage outside of the spin attack or shoving something off a cliff

pistol works too if you just dump the magazine when you fill the meter entirely

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how many years old is phantasy star online 2 anyway that they finally got around to porting it to a single north american console

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jeez it almost seems like a moot point. how popular can an 8 year old multiplayer game be that isn't an mmo or something like dota/fortnight

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MMF Freeway posted:

Isn't PSO kind of an mmo? Like a proto destiny type thing?

more of third person diablo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

in other words, like an mmo

see i don't consider games that only have 3 or 4 people per lobby candidates in the mmo genre, but also i haven't touched an actual mmo in a dog's age and it sounds like most of them operate in groups of 3 to 4 people at a time these days too.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that's not an mmo, that's a sleepover at your friend's place to play mario kart 64

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so is left 4 dead an mmo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sorry, we were looking for "region locked in a different country for the past 8 years"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh my perspective is based entirely on the original phantasy star online, i assumed phantasy star online 2 would be basically the same

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

would monster hunter world be considered an mmo? it's essentially identical to phantasy star online 1

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm on my phone someone post the sensible chuckle gif for me

ok but only because i like that gif

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

Quiznos makes better sandwiches than Subway

i think pooping a solid turd is technically better than a torrent of painful diarrhea but i wouldn't want to eat either

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

stop talking cliffyb

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

didn't they announce they're remaking seiken densetsu 3 and slapping it out there

considering the secret of mana remake got mediocre to bad reviews and came with a $40 price tag it doesn't build a lot of confidence

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fartorm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did you know that "famicom" is a portmanteau of "family" and "commode"