Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Very hyped for Granblue Fantasy Versus and didn't know it was coming out February 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a glitch posted:

Only in Japan unfortunatly, we have to wait till March :negative:

Guess I should try the mobile game while I'm waiting, people seem to like it

e:
Happy Day-Before-Birthday ONE YEAR LATER!

Whoops! Thankfully first week of March. Will use February to read up on the Japan release and watch gameplay videos.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

250 High Resolution Animal Crossing: New Horizons Villager & Special Character Renders

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The January thread was our most replied to thread for General Chat Games threads. Granted it went a day over, but it's still had the most responses by a large margin.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Does that account for people doing multiple posts in a row some of the posters do? That's not a slam against those that do that, I mean I've done that too, just wondering if the numbers wouldn't be a bit bloated that way.

I did notice that January was a big month for that, so that would account for a lot of it I think.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

Let's rank 80s-90s Maxis games instead.

vvv This is unfortunately a bad opinion!

SimCity 2000
3D Pinball: Space Cadet
SimTower
SimCity SNES
SimGolf
SimTown
SimAnt
SimEarth
SimFarm
A-Train

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

Here, I photo scanned the 1995 Maxis Product Catalog for reference. I think this must've been RIGHT as Windows 95 came out and right before SimCopter and Streets of Sim City.

I use to have this catalog! So many memories. <3

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A few days ago I was reading about how the last World War I vet died back in 2012, at 110 years old. That is pretty wild to think about.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

So Daemon X Machina is coming to PC on Feb 13. Very glad I didn't buy the Switch release.

That is a bit of a surprise, I thought Nintendo owned the IP. I had been thinking of buying the Switch version, but going to wait now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did anyone here happen to buy the Japanese version of Granblue Fantasy Versus? I was wondering if that version of the game has an english text option, or maybe if the general Asia release that came out today too, has it? I don't want to be patient for the American version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chev posted:

No english text option AFAIK.

I guess I am forced to wait. :colbert: Its just one month though, but I am very excited.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I mean he is not wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a glitch posted:

So the five or so PSO fans left in Europe may be pleased to know this:

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222967403895611392

:unsmith:

There won't be any EU servers though, so this doesn't really mean much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a glitch posted:

Yeah PSO has always been marketed as an MMO, even if it had barely any of the features you'd expect from one. Apparantly PSO2 is more MMOish but I havn't played it myself so I can't say for sure.

It's really not an MMO at all. The Destiny social features comparison is more accurate. You have a social hub that you log into and you'll come across other players running around. Otherwise when you do quests, you are spawning your own private instance and you can invite like 3 other players to join you. The game though has no open world design of any kind. You're just traveling to small dungeons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a glitch posted:

Are you talking about 1 or 2? If the former then I agree it wasn't an MMO, but this didn't stop Sega marketing it as one. I guess 'shared world' would be a better term nowadays?

Only one tiny section of the game is shared though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's time:

Time for BULLY 2!

That's what he's doing right? He's gonna use all the money he made and start a new company solely devoted to making Bully 2?

Dan Houser was a big dumb jerk head to the people that worked under him. Good riddance. Maybe now Rockstar can be a nicer place to work at. I think Bully 2 is absolutely in development right now though. I keep hearing enough rumors to believe it anyways. It'll probably be a PS5 game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Bad news! Take 2 Interactive are apparently agitating for Rockstar to pump out more titles (and are a generally scummy publisher) so they'll probably use this as an excuse to grind the developers into an even finer dust.

Can they really not understand that the whole reason Rockstar puts out such massively successful selling games is because they take years to make, along with very careful marketing to generate hype? You cant do any of those things if you just rush out games quickly, and even with the long development times, their employees are still basically exploited and abused for profit. People will turn on them, we've seen this happening with Blizzard because they are rushing games out the door now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't buy the Lite Switch, it has the same joypads as the regular one, they will absolutely break on you within a year and then you lose your entire system.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I can't believe MK is out, that game literally just came out

also lol at granblue, horny gacha games get fighters now??

GranBlue Fantasy Versus is actually looking to be extremely good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's $500! :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1225055502842900480

No yeah, your biggest competition is the phone games on the Fire no one plays and loving Stadia.

Has he really not been paying attention to Google Stadia? Game streaming is a dead concept already. Its had its time to shine, but it's clear now it's not going to work.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I survived this era by playing approximately 5 million hours of WoW and Quake 3 Arena.

:hmmyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

all cats are good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo 3 is a very good game, I just wish someone other than Blizzard was running it because I have no desire to play it anymore due to its ownership.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Path of Exile is the best of the action RPGs right now. Grim Dawn, and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor are also pretty good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

Poe would be good if every character started like 5 hours into the game

Path of Exile 2 is kinda doing this by making characters more powerful out of the gate, and giving you more freedom with gems and customization, on top of adding a whole new 7 act campaign bumping the single player up to 17 acts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo III at launch was a good example of having all of the money in the world not meaning much if you're creatively bankrupt. It was put together by a lot of talentless hacks for who game development probably should not have been their first choice of a career.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

Oh no.

We'll be able to effectively ignore all of the PoE1 content right? I never want to look at that poo poo again.

Not sure just yet, its still a long ways away. My assumption has been you'll be playing through PoE1 first. The way Grinding Gear announced it made it seem like PoE was just upgrading into PoE 2 and they would all be one game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, Path of Exile is not a game I would describe as casual friendly. Like, getting through the current 10 act campaign doesn't take much of an investment and is pretty easy, but the end game is brutally hard and takes dozens of hours to get through.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes. Poe2 content will be new and seperate from the old poe1 10 acts.

That is news to me, I haven't been able to keep up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

I liked the dungeon siege games, diablo but a party was a fun enough idea

:same:

I really want a Dungeon Siege IV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Path of Excel lmao. Thanks folks, you've been great.

Wolcen is coming out with a full release next week. I bought the EA demo of that and I think it could be really good.

Ooh poo poo, the EA version has been collecting dust in my Steam library for years now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also still waiting for Last Epoch https://store.steampowered.com/app/899770/Last_Epoch/ to leave Early Access. That shows a lot of promise as a good blend between everything that made Diablo III and Path of Exile good, but cutting out a lot of the things about both games that suck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

[img-seinfeld-putting-his-hands-up-and-leaving-his-seat]

Not enough skill trees to be honest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

It's a sailboat

On the north and south end of the trees, I see two crowns.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

raditts posted:

I've been seeing facebook ads recently about this game that appears to be Kafkaesque as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwcFSowweno&hd=1

This reminds me of the 90s 2D adventure game Bad Mojo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

Remember when PoE had massive tits on its health and mana orbs?

There are giant tit statues that step on you in Path of Exile.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Songbearer posted:

Although I like animals I am indifferent to primates

This is a part of Sekiro I enjoyed

Make me hurt a seal, though, and we have Problems

I remember always killing the seals in Warcraft II.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

al-azad posted:

I hope From goes back to Armored Core on PS5.

Speaking of which, what’s the likelihood of there actually being a Demon’s Souls remaster? I still want to finish the game but don’t want to play on ps3.

In the meantime, there is Daemon X Machina coming out on PC next week. This is by a lot of the original people at FROM who worked on Armored Core. Demon's Souls remaster is sounding super likely, rumors keep coming up about its existence, although they are all surrounding the PS5 rumors which so far have not panned out (such as a reveal that was suppose to happen this week).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

i think both jason and nibellion are having "a laugh" and having fun w each other

It's probably this because Jason is thin skinned as gently caress and just blocks everyone he disagrees with.