Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember in the Xbox 360 avatar system it was possible to push your eyebrows all the way down to your upper lip and unleash a whole new set of mustache possibilities

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You should play it, and Transistor, and Pyre

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We're in a big apartment building so the laundry room is on another floor. Still not ideal but you don't have to put on outdoor clothes at least.

If you rent and use a sink machine your landlord is probably going to get mad about the water bill increase, this is also a problem with countertop dishwashers.

Every time I see a list of the top streamers it's like 75% people I've never heard of before. I'm not sure if that just means I'm incredibly out of touch or if the shelf life of a streamer is extremely short outside of a handful of superstars.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

good morning. i am turning 30 in a week. this is bad

:rip:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Anyone who's 99 and has a birthday in February is probably making it to 100

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did the NFL get sue-happy over people saying "Super Bowl", I feel like now everyone is saying "the Big Game" unironically now?

https://twitter.com/JackBox/status/1224115741315592197

Should have been chili dogs

Baller Time posted:

Should I download 288GB of flash games/animations?

No

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

stev posted:

Yeah why would you want people to talk about your big annual event?

They'd rather someone not talk about it than talk about it and not give them a cut

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's an artsy minimalist reboot of their TMNT game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The cooking game spinoff, Nier Automat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
don't give up, skeleton!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've always thought it weird there was never a stronger push for GWAR games, maybe their heyday just didn't really overlap with the modern video game boom.

Play Brutal Legend and pretend it has more gross-out humor I guess

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t that the plot of Children of Men (I haven’t seen it)

Children of Men does not elaborate on what exactly is causing the infertility (which is probably for the best)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Weedle posted:

Are there any genuinely sexy video games? Besides those Twine shorts where you get hosed by a computer's ghost or whatever.

Saints Row 4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is someone going to explain why Dangen is bad?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't see why I should have to backtrack to every body to look at a memory again. Once I've unlocked them, I should be able to do it all from the journal. Unless there is a way to do it. The game doesn't do a very good job of explaining how to play itself.

The live dioramas can contain information that the journal doesn't. Sometimes you need context to make a deduction- who is associating with who, who's standing where and what are they doing, what objects or articles of clothing do they possess. The scenes can also inform other scenes through stuff happening in the background that isn't directly related to the death the scene is centered on, make sure you're exploring the whole navigable area.

I do wish it was more convenient to get to the memories buried several layers deep, there should probably have been a journal feature that let you jump straight into them.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 5, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hwurmp posted:

After you've seen those memories for the first time, a ghostly body will appear where they died.

I was thinking specifically of the lifeboat expedition, I never found a better way to access it than walking through each diorama to gradually move away from the ship.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did not find the numbered hammocks for a shamefully long time and that held me up a lot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Songbearer posted:

The wife and I are most likely going to be getting our first catte this month :3:

You will also be posting your first cat picture this month

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
[haveblue was clawed by a terrible beast]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

someone hasn't seen the passives tree from path of exile

It's a sailboat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mathematically, any game where your skills are divided into multiple independent hierarchies has a skill forest

Cowcaster posted:

remember that game about journey to the west where the monkey king was some muscled badass dude with a cyber stick that killed robots i think i never played it

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. It looked amazing and was ok until the ending which was smoking a little too much Matrix. And that muscled badass dude was Andy Serkis so respect

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You're gonna waste all your internet on lightbulb, you maniac.

Literally true because your light bulb can now be hacked and added to a botnet for DDoSing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ymgve posted:

have they started adding speakers to the lightbulbs so you can make them crackle like a real torch or some bad horror movie buzzing sound timed with the flicker

No but it's probably easy to have them coordinate with your smart speakers

Alexa, activate Dungeon Mode

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Google results are tailored to past google activity :ssh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A paladin in the streets, a rogue in the sheets

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wait are ahegao and ahoge different things

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If someone asks me for a good puzzle game I'll absolutely say obra dinn

If someone asks me for a game in a different genre I probably won't say obra dinn

Who is asking you for game recommendations without any qualifiers, or do you go around volunteering them out of context

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You have to clear it at least once to unlock the UFO ending, dog ending is better though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm at home right now so zero seconds

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Black cat with white chest tuft crew

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

Personally a world tendency overhaul, get rid of the grasses or retool the health regen, change how the gosh darn salamanders work, change the penalty for soul forms presentation into a perk of body form, and delete 4-2 entirely and try again.

Also delete the Scraping Spear and the level stealing spell

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sakurazuka posted:

Double Flamelurker fight

Four False Kings

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At the end god offers to resurrect Aeris, or resurrect all the NPCs you killed, or give you a million gil

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

There was a "resurrect your dog" spot in the one dlc they released for all the people who didn't

Yeah for some reason Molyneux was taken completely by surprise when maybe 3% of players chose any other option the first time and all of them regretted it later

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best combat in Arkham was the combat that didn't happen because the last guy in the encounter was so terrified that when you popped up in his face he drops his gun and begs for mercy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

thats right, yoko kanno invented jazz in 1998

That seriously does sound a lot like Tank! and the game was released long after Cowboy Bebop so it being a direct inspiration is plausible

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In this analogy what is the video game equivalent of the soy bomb guy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Anthem still copying Destiny by being bad for a while and then rejuvenated by a major annual expansion

Although Destiny got their fix in 1 year, not 2, and was never as much of a trash fire as Anthem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looks like the only one we're missing is rebellion but no empire, someone get on that