Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone else see the Jeep/Groundhog Day commercial during the Superbowl?

Loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnhzGUcENWo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I love Bill Murray and Groundhog Day is a great movie. That commercial is also great.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
"It's just a game."

I lol'd.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

STR posted:

I would love to find a Baja, but I can't say I've even seen one in the flesh in years.

Come out to the Bay Area, I keep seeing them here in SF, as late as last week. They’re pretty rad and I kinda want one

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hey Kaker or Dave - I need some OEM keyblanks for a 1992 Miata which seem exceedingly hard to find in the states, any idea if these are something you can get through your importing connections? The one original I got with the car has a crack in it and isn't safe to keep using.

The later keys from the 93-97 era are shaped differently and all I seem able to find on ebay (so far).

Mazda and their stupid long rear end keys. I broke two in my old BG Protege. Fortunately it was in the door lock and I could fish it out both times.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

So, got married this weekend. Kept it a secret from everyone but the officiant and the two friends who were witnesses.
Perfect day. +1 outside, light snow, had a little ceremony in a nice park. Went home, ate cake and had coffee, then ordered pizza for supper.
A+ would get married again.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

My coworker got me an awesome surprise:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Siochain posted:

So, got married this weekend. Kept it a secret from everyone but the officiant and the two friends who were witnesses.
Perfect day. +1 outside, light snow, had a little ceremony in a nice park. Went home, ate cake and had coffee, then ordered pizza for supper.

Low key is a great way to do it. Congratulations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Siochain posted:

Congrats!

Something to be said about getting married and not being thousands in debt right from the start.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slidebite posted:

Congrats!

Something to be said about getting married and not being thousands in debt right from the start.

Well, I mean, we've been together going on 13 years, and we're thousands in (housing) debt, but at least we're less in debt than we could have been hahah.

Thanks!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

toplitzin posted:

My coworker got me an awesome surprise:

Seems to be the go to gift for Volvo nuts. My friend who works in a Volvo shop got one from one of his friends that he used to work with. I went out and got one for myself.

Also put my new M12 fuel brushless Milwaukee tools to work this weekend, did the timing belt on my new V70. God those things are amazing, especially now with the insane amount of torque and battery life they have. I used the 1/4" drive power ratchet to crack loose almost every bolt without needing to do it manually first. It made the water pump part of the job a breeze.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 3, 2020

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Siochain posted:

Congrats man, glad you guys did it the way you wanted!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

"It's just a game."

I lol'd.

And then it cuts to the ground hog looking at him like wtf....I was dying :v:

Whatever they paid Bill Murray to do that it was worth it.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
It's all an elaborate troll to get us go to watch Groundhog Day 2, which is just a rescreening of Groundhog Day.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
I waited a month from buying my new-to-me car to take it to the dealership for a fix, in order to be able to get a loaner. I walk in, sit down, and service guy tells me "sorry, no loaners". Whelp.

Turns out two of their loaners are in no-use status - one, guy who had it was outta town and his adult-age daughter "borrowed" it and drunk-drove it into a telephone pole. Second, guy who had it came to drop it back off at the lot, hit two parked cars and a bollard, dropped the keys in the lobby, and got carted off by his ride. Dealership has all his info incl. license and insurance, but dude refuses to answer the phone for two weeks so it's sat on the lot waiting legal action.

Moral of the story is, Porsche drivers in my area are assholes. Apparently.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

The Prong Song posted:

Moral of the story is, Porsche drivers in my area are assholes.

quelle surprise

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Beach Bum posted:

It's all an elaborate troll to get us go to watch Groundhog Day 2, which is just a rescreening of Groundhog Day.

I'm in.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

"It's just a game."

I lol'd.

"You're going to freeze to death!"

As someone who put the windows and doors back on his TJ in preparation for 50 degree weather, I agree.

Also, basically-free Pennzoil after rebate: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/purchase-pennzoil-platinum-motor-oil-get-22-shell-giftcard-purchase-for-as-low-as-17-56/

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Out photographing yesterday
genuine E30 M3 Evolution Group A car being whaled on.
We're waiting

Siochain posted:

Congrats and well done doing it the low key way

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hey Kaker or Dave - I need some OEM keyblanks for a 1992 Miata which seem exceedingly hard to find in the states, any idea if these are something you can get through your importing connections? The one original I got with the car has a crack in it and isn't safe to keep using.

The later keys from the 93-97 era are shaped differently and all I seem able to find on ebay (so far).

Have you been to/have access to a small hardware store in your area that does keys (not lowe's or anything). I do and have no problems getting keys made for early 80's and 90's Japanese imports. I bet somewhere like that would have something that works. I have never owned a Mazda until a fire truck I bought recently and it won't be here til march or April so I haven't had to go see if they have key blanks for it.

The source for parts like that would be yahoo auctions in Japan...

but googling it looks like this place has them for $16 but I would be surprised if my little hardware store didn't have them for $2

https://mossmiata.com/key-blank

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I'm now starting to feel more normal 3 days after wisdom teeth removal, but am still on codeine.
I really want to use my forced downtime for something useful - I need to make an EFI wiring loom up - but i'm a bit worried that I might gently caress something stupid up!

Siochain posted:

If you're gonna get married then this seems to be the perfect way to do it! congrats!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Siochain posted:

poo poo, congratulations!
I might just steal that idea and "elope" with a tiny party

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Ugh, finally brought the Fit home after leaving it in the parking lot at work for almost a year. I expected the dead battery. I expected the minor flat spots on the tires (they rolled out on the way home). I did NOT expect the $75 cruise control main switch to have broken :argh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

opengl128 posted:

I saw a first gen Intrepid the other day on the road and stared as I passed it like it was an exotic. Something definitely wrong with my brain but it has been probably a decade since I last saw one and it was looking really cool? Is this what boomer brain rot feels like?

drat, I just shot back to highschool. This kid in my graduating class had an Intrepid with whatever motor had the explode-y timing chains that liked to shoot through the valve cover. He had all sorts of K&N and racing stickers on it and took out all of the seats except for the driver's seat to make it faster and everyone made fun of him. The car eventually died from explode-y timing chain related activities and also so did the owner from a motorcycle accident

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Out photographing yesterday. One side of the track was Alfas and Subarus. The other was a BMW only day.

They let a new Supra into it.

I think we have 5 Supras at our dealership now, and they've all been sitting there for months. I think we've sold exactly 1 since they released.

The Door Frame posted:

poo poo, congratulations!
I might just steal that idea and "elope" with a tiny party

This is what we're planning on doing. When we got engaged my mom called with the intent to discuss the wedding and I pretty much just said "There won't be one." and she was like "Nyeh I knew you were gonna say that :words:"

E: Dang our Finance Director just picked up the 3rd and last S209 STI allocated to Wisconsin, that thing is pretty fancy.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 3, 2020

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Congrats!

Eloping is really the way to go, IMO. The Mrs. and I did that almost 8 years ago (anniv. is this month), and are so happy we did. Didn't even do anything fancy, went to her Uncle's church, and asked some friends to come meet us, said I do, and then went out for a nice dinner with them. During a snow storm. It was crazy/awesome. Would do it again if I had to, but damnit, I better not have to.

The following June we had a reception where family/friends came to town. Still pretty small, but it was what we wanted, a party where everyone could come have a good time, enjoy some food and hang out celebrating.

That's my story that no one asked for.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

Ugh, finally brought the Fit home after leaving it in the parking lot at work for almost a year. I expected the dead battery. I expected the minor flat spots on the tires (they rolled out on the way home). I did NOT expect the $75 cruise control main switch to have broken :argh:

Wait, why did you leave it?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

No way I would drive a Kei truck/car on public roads they are loving death traps. Yeah an old cheap F150 isn't the safest vehicle, but it's gonna have an airbag and not cripple you in a fender bender.

This is a kei truck vs Ford Ranger in a low speed crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX5HTFEID9M

1) that's a Chinese car (not that a Japanese one would hold up just a whole lot better
2) jokes on you! A JDM Kei will have the steering wheel on the other side - problem solved (unless you're the passenger...)
3) every motorcycle ever made from the dawn of time until now has even more risk associated with operating it, and people still do so.
4) Automotive Insanity

opengl128 posted:

I saw a first gen Intrepid the other day on the road and stared as I passed it like it was an exotic. Something definitely wrong with my brain but it has been probably a decade since I last saw one and it was looking really cool? Is this what boomer brain rot feels like?

It's not that they looked bad, per se, it's that they *were* bad. It is kind of an achievement for one to have survived this far.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Should be the same key for pretty much any Mazda of the Era, including RX-7s.
Sadly, MegaZip doesn't do OEM Mazda parts -I was able to find a wealth of parts there for my Toyota AE86 Corolla.
Two Mazda dealers with parts departments online show the keys in the Google Ad results, but they're search on their site (both use the same back end...) don't search earlier than 2006 or 2015, depending on the site.
That said, Mazda part # FD0176201 has been superseded by FD0158492. It's supposed to fit, but that is the round-head later key, apparently. I guess it fits, but it cosmetically different.
LAY276201 is correct, but it's the plain key without the rubber on the head.
LA0276202 appears to be the valet key, and also plain.

everdave posted:

Have you been to/have access to a small hardware store in your area that does keys (not lowe's or anything). I do and have no problems getting keys made for early 80's and 90's Japanese imports. I bet somewhere like that would have something that works. I have never owned a Mazda until a fire truck I bought recently and it won't be here til march or April so I haven't had to go see if they have key blanks for it.

The source for parts like that would be yahoo auctions in Japan...

but googling it looks like this place has them for $16 but I would be surprised if my little hardware store didn't have them for $2

https://mossmiata.com/key-blank

That one is the LAY76201.
The hardware store isn't going to have OEM keys.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Congrats!

Eloping is really the way to go, IMO. The Mrs. and I did that almost 8 years ago (anniv. is this month), and are so happy we did. Didn't even do anything fancy, went to her Uncle's church, and asked some friends to come meet us, said I do, and then went out for a nice dinner with them. During a snow storm. It was crazy/awesome. Would do it again if I had to, but damnit, I better not have to.

The following June we had a reception where family/friends came to town. Still pretty small, but it was what we wanted, a party where everyone could come have a good time, enjoy some food and hang out celebrating.

That's my story that no one asked for.

My friend and his wife did the same thing. I think they were planning on doing a wedding and her mom got all bridezilla on her behalf and started dictating how and what was going to happen wedding-wise and she said "Well gently caress this, you're ruining our special thing, we're going to the courthouse and getting married instead." Then we all got drunk at a bar afterwards. They couldn't be happier!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Wait, why did you leave it?

It needed an alignment and I was lazy :negative:

I have been driving the CR-V since I got it up and running last year. Now, since I'm not doing any racing, I'm not really worried about the camber and just did a string alignment for toe. Really I just got a wild hair up my rear end this morning to get it up and running again, so I jumped it off and took it home. I've been missing having something sporty and tossable to hop in to.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'm pissed at YouTube. It's always been one of my long-planned projects to get a '70s or '80s Rolls Royce and put a big modern motor in it. Those cars can be picked up sub-$10k and (imo) are perfect for such a swap.

Now there are 2 major channels that have done just that in the past month and that's going to bring attention to the few Rollers that are out there. :mad:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Hey do all/most car batteries have a place to hook up a vent tube to? Replacing a trunk battery in one of my Skylines and when taking it out it has a vent tube attached to old one.

Also holy crap walmart batteries are so cheap compared to my go to Advance, even with 25% advance coupon

Edit: also i have one skyline that needs new trunk struts, but i see no way to replace these or how to take them off at the top. will use the awful app to post a pic

everdave fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 3, 2020

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

everdave posted:

Hey do all/most car batteries have a place to hook up a vent tube to? Replacing a trunk battery in one of my Skylines and when taking it out it has a vent tube attached to old one.

Also holy crap walmart batteries are so cheap compared to my go to Advance, even with 25% advance coupon

Edit: also i have one skyline that needs new trunk struts, but i see no way to replace these or how to take them off at the top. will use the awful app to post a pic

Pretty rare for a battery to have a vent tube unless its for an application where it'd be in the trunk/cabin somewhere.

Do you have the new struts? Hard to tell but it almost looks like that upper bracket with 3 bolts may be part of the strut assembly.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Yeah I need a battery for the trunk for the Skyline.

No I don't have the new struts was going to replace but if it is a pain in the rear end won't car should sell soon. They hold up just don't stay after a few minutes. Youtube seems to show people cutting the old one off and drilling a hole in the connection and attaching it with a nut. Might be a moot point if the guy interested follows through on this one about the strut and battery too, he already knew the battery was weak may just leave the old one in.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pain in the rear end boss is gone. His boss is finally back from medical leave. It was drat good to see him again. And holy poo poo, he's pissed about the massive over-ordering in the 4 months he's been out. The stock controllers aren't doing their jobs with correcting "unit on hand" counts ("stock controllers" are the overnight leads in my dept, and get paid an extra $3/hr to, you know, fix that poo poo at the end of the shift). Daytime and overnight aren't doing their jobs with running backstock. So the back room looks like a bomb went off. It looks a lot better since we blew through a shitload of it for Superbowl (the majority of the backstock was chips and various soft drinks; we got rid of 8 pallets yesterday that have been sitting for over a month :stonkhat:), but that just means tonight's truck is going to be a monster. I'm off for the next 3 days... my phone is also set to forward every number I know from management and the store to voicemail for a few days. dunno how that happened, I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime Thursday

Apparently good boss was clued in about me almost leaving, trying to get full time, and about the various applications I've been putting in (including one for... stock controller). I guess he's been kept in the loop even though he's been out on leave; dickhead boss was making all of the calls while he was gone, so I assumed he'd been completely out of the loop.

Also, I don't drink caffeine in general (I might have half of the smallest Red Bull once a month at most). I decided to chug a cup of coffee at work this morning when I was running behind. My Fitbit claims my heart rate shot up to ~150 for awhile (it's normally in the 110s-120s while working, high 60s/low 70s when resting). loving yikes. Made me shaky enough that I was knocking crap off the shelf while trying to stock and was sweating, boss asked what was wrong. "I had my first cup of coffee in several years about an hour ago". Cue laughter and "yup, that'll do it... you dumbass".

opengl128 posted:

Not only did I see one of those on the road (in nearly showroom condition) last year...

..... it had a dealer sticker on the trunk from my grandfather's old Dodge dealership. My grandfather died in 1997 or 1998, and the dealers were sold off (and changed names) immediately after he died. Said dealership was ~550 miles away from where I saw the car. It's rare enough seeing any dealer sticker on a car from my home town here; that's the first time I've seen one from one of my grandfather's dealerships - even while visiting home - in at least 15 years.

everdave posted:

Lots of GMs have batteries either in the trunk or in the cabin floor (thus, they have vent tubes). Look up batteries for a Chevy Cobalt, Saturn Ion, or Chevy Trailblazer. The Ion used 2 different ones depending on year (03-05 used a different one from 06-07), not sure about the others, but the Ion used a shorter/wider one than the Cobalt.

I think my Ion had a group 72? Earlier ones got a 75? Cobalts used a... 93? Those are normally side post batteries, but some of them have both side and top terminals. Even if they don't, there's side to top adapters.

Make sure you go with one with the vent tube provision, you don't want hydrogen building up in the car.

Ether Frenzy posted:

First, see if a Mazda dealer can cut a new one for you from the VIN. Doesn't matter what blank it's on, you want a key that isn't heavily worn. That one is worn the gently caress out. They may not be able to simply because it's so old, but it's worth a shot.

Second, hit up a locksmith or five in an older strip mall. Locksmiths (speaking from knowing 2 for ages) absolutely hoard older key blanks, and often have OEM, or OEM looking, key blanks. Worst case, if the dealer can't cut you a new key, you can at least - hopefully - get a few usable copies made from that key. The locksmith I use carries Subaru keyblanks complete with the Subaru logo; I had the dealer cut one from the VIN for $20 when I bought the car (it came with one very worn out key that only started it, didn't work in any other locks), then had the locksmith make a couple of copies of that for $7/ea on OEM-looking blanks with the proper logo and everything. Had a regular metal key made for $5 too so I could keep one in my wallet.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 3, 2020

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

STR posted:

Lots of GMs have batteries either in the trunk or in the cabin floor (thus, they have vent tubes). Look up batteries for a Chevy Cobalt, Saturn Ion, or Chevy Trailblazer. The Ion used 2 different ones depending on year (03-05 used a different one from 06-07), not sure about the others, but the Ion used a shorter/wider one than the Cobalt.

I think my Ion had a group 72? Earlier ones got a 75? Cobalts used a... 93? Those are normally side post batteries, but some of them have both side and top terminals. Even if they don't, there's side to top adapters.

Make sure you go with one with the vent tube provision, you don't want hydrogen building up in the car.

cool, walmart doesn't list if one has a vent tube or not but i googled some everstart ones and know what one will look like, just need the cheapest one, the battery it is replacing was tiny with like 330 CCA

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yup, a nipple on each side that almost looks like a large USB C plug.

You could go with an AGM battery and eliminate the need for vent tubes, but personally I'd at least keep the vents in place even if you do go with a gel.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

meatpimp posted:

I'm pissed at YouTube. It's always been one of my long-planned projects to get a '70s or '80s Rolls Royce and put a big modern motor in it. Those cars can be picked up sub-$10k and (imo) are perfect for such a swap.

Now there are 2 major channels that have done just that in the past month and that's going to bring attention to the few Rollers that are out there. :mad:

I think car wizard putting the rolls royce motor in the 62 C30 is cooler.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

STR posted:

You could go with an AGM battery and eliminate the need for vent tubes, but personally I'd at least keep the vents in place even if you do go with a gel.

All the ones with vents were $100 more than without at Wally World! I got a deposit for that skyline tonight and he knows it needs a new battery so probably won’t get one and new owner can deal with it. He knows up fro t this needs a battery I was just going to get one uf he didn’t follow through.

Also after having kids for 10 days I thought I was going to have a few nights off and was going to fix my washer tonight, nope ex wife calls and says they cut her power off so I went and got the filthy and exhausted kids from her place.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

STR posted:

agm =/= gel cell

agm is a regular lead acid battery with the acid absorbed into a porous material and still needs venting (optimas in fitment codes for interior mounting have the vent port on em, and that sintered-looking plug on the top of the battery is the vent on all other form factors)

you want a gel cell if you don't want to run the vent tube, otherwise most aftermarket group 27, 51, 78, 34C and 31 (probably others too) will have the port for the tube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

e: ^^^^ damnit you're right, my bad. My Ion's group 78 had the ports, but it was a side-post only battery. I know versions exist with both top and side posts, and there's always side to top post adapters..

Friend and his GF just went through a nasty breakup. She moved out, he changed the locks... he's out of town right now, but I've been cat-sitting.

I went by this morning and found water in the kitchen and laundry room. Turns out the old contractor grade water heater (not original to the house either, but it's ~20 years old going by the serial #, house is almost 40), was slowly popping its top. Shut off the water and gas to it, let him know, cleaned up the water (thankfully no carpet in the place). Gave Raven lunch, left the kitchen light on (it's LED, so the most energy efficient light in the place), left the porch light on, double checked all of the windows and doors. Since the water heater has an old style shutoff, and being a ~40 year old ball valve shutoff that doesn't quite shut off completely, I left the kitchen sink on (hot wide open, it was dribbling a little - the top of the tank is what popped, figured leaving it on would keep it from leaking much more).

Went back tonight to give him dinner, and the porch light was off. Front door was unlocked. Went inside, the remainder of her stuff was gone. A few of his things gone. Kitchen sink shut off, water running out from the water heater closet again. Realized the overhead garage door had been left unlocked (the one door I didn't check, and seeing as that door hasn't even been opened in several months, didn't think to :doh:), and the door from the garage to the laundry room was kicked in. :sigh: We did the video chat thing and I gave him a video tour of his own house, nothing super important to him seems to be missing. He called her, she claimed a window was open and she just went in through that, and had no idea how the door got kicked in. :colbert: (I checked all the windows before I left this afternoon, they were all locked)

He thought the overhead door was locked too, but it was most definitely unlocked tonight. I don't think even the landlord has a key to that thing (it doesn't even roll halfway, the door is falling apart). The only key the landlord gave them was to the front door, every other door (garage to laundry, back door, etc) have different locks. And seeing as it hasn't been opened in who knows how long, didn't think to check it.

everdave posted:

All the ones with vents were $100 more than without at Wally World! I got a deposit for that skyline tonight and he knows it needs a new battery so probably won’t get one and new owner can deal with it. He knows up fro t this needs a battery I was just going to get one uf he didn’t follow through.

Also after having kids for 10 days I thought I was going to have a few nights off and was going to fix my washer tonight, nope ex wife calls and says they cut her power off so I went and got the filthy and exhausted kids from her place.

An AGM GEL battery will solve all the issues, but cost quite a bit more than a vented battery. But hey, buyer beware, and you've done your part in letting them know. It'd be a Good Thing if you let them know it needs either a battery with provisions for venting, or alternatively, a gel cell battery.

How far behind do you have to get on your power bill to get cut off there? :stare: I've managed 3 or 4 months before they finally cut it, back when I had to decide if power or food was more important.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 4, 2020