Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hey so you know for two months I was worried about fires and poo poo?

Thurs 88mm, Fri 71mm, Sat 156mm, Sun 179mm (so far)

One of my best mates just moved from NZ to Sydney.

First couple of messages:

"Aussie internet sucks" (no kidding)

"Why are we getting 500mm of rain"

then

"What bike should I buy?"

I told him to come here and ask for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Status update: stuck on a plane because they can’t figure out how to get the air stairs working.

I got up at 3:50am today yesterday, it’s just ticked past midnight and I just wanna go home. Let me off the fukken plane.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ferremit posted:

My pet bearded dragon died last night :(

Sorry to hear that. Pets passing is about the only bad thing about pets :(

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Zero-G paperclips?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

KakerMix posted:

I don't know nothin' bout no space wires, but I know that my wife got me a pretty fantastic birthday gift:

LOOK AT THIS loving JACKET
It's a real deal vintage 1980s windbreaker, so no liner, just the outer shell. It's in phenomenal shape, fits perfectly and came all the way from Japan. Also, made in the USA :v:

:kimchi:

I'm sure there was an AW11 paint scheme that was white with these colours as flourishes. I know I had a Matchbox car in that livery but I've never been able to find a photo of a real one.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

freelop posted:

I'm not too worried about the virus, I suspect it's got a whole lot more infecting to do but I'm gambling on my immune system fighting it off of I do get it.

Our workplace decided last Monday to remind everyone that on a third instance of absence within a rolling 12 months you will have sick pay removed (regardless of whether you have a doctor's sick note) and will need to appeal to get it back so it's pretty likely it will spread through us.

Hang on aren’t you in the UK? I thought things were less dystopian there generally

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would love a commute reduction. Minimum 45 minutes and almost $7 in tolls each way really is draining.

^^^ glad you got your kitchen resolved. There are so many lovely tradies our there, it really does feel like a blessing when you come across one who’s just good at their job.

slothrop fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 27, 2020

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

meatpimp posted:

Still on the horizon, but my damages just got a lot smaller and harder to prove. The new awesome guy cost, in total, WITH me figuring in a 20% tip, is still LESS than the 50% outstanding on the original contract. So, in essence, I ended up better for the rear end in a top hat breaching the contract. I just need to figure out a way to spin.

what about the water damage?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

My wife is having a girl's day at a winery with her friends and one of them took an Uber that was a "new mustang" as she put it and now she's on Cargurus sending me links to Mustangs for sale and suggesting that instead of an economy car.

I think she may have had a bit of wine.

What's the opposite of the :sever: smilie?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
If it’s Fireball you’re drinking, it’s probably the anti-freeze going to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beach Bum posted:

It's actually some local whiskey :q: Dude has a nice still in his garage and ages it himself. The current batch I'm drinking is only a year old but tastes better than a ton of the poo poo you typically see in the $30-$50 range. He says it's about 80-90 proof. I paid $25 for a quart of the stuff and don't regret a single penny.

Noice! If he’s using small barrels or just oak-chipping it it’s probably ready after a year anyways, provided what’s coming off the still is good.

At the end of the day, if you like the taste and it’s not making you go blind, that’s a win!