Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Most of the beef I've heard (and had) was with the transmission. I had a Cherokee a few weeks ago and they still don't have the shifting sorted out after all these years. The 2.0 felt great when the transmission was in the right gear, which was seemingly almost never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Did the Cherokee you had have the 8 speed trans? That's what the Wrangler has and I haven't read any complaints, it's just the opposite, even savagegeese's review was very positive regarding the 8 speed transmission. It seems like people don't like the manual much either, something about the clutch being lovely.

Guess i'll find out once i drive it, there's nothing I hate worse than an automatic trans constantly hunting around. I love the four speed auto in my Scion, it's simple and stays in the right gears.....I feel like the more gears that are put in autos the worse they get but I'll find out here soon I guess.

I didn't realize the Wrangler had an 8-speed. The Cherokee has a 9-speed.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

In general if you have a credit score higher than 500 it's easy. Lower than 500 its not. The lower the number, the interest rate increases exponentially.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Paint shaker with maracas

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

That's one way to pork your spouse

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Someone in another thread got me hooked on flight simulator videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8DadVR-rl0

This is way more entertaining than it should be

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Darchangel posted:

Thank you, that was indeed entertaining. I and my wife laughed out asses off. The deadpan delivery is what makes it, I think.

I also recommend the 'Funniest of 2019' and the one where multiple planes are taking off with their cockpit doors open.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

MomJeans420 posted:

Dumb question, but I take it from the first part of this video that there are multi-player flight sims and some guy just volunteers / is appointed air traffic control, then sits there and does that job as randos fly in and out?

Yep - you got it. When the person in the ATC chair gets tired, they'll announce on the Sim and appoint a replacement.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The rules are confusing. If they're lithium ion in a device they're fine. If they're loose lithium ion under 100 watt hours, they have to be carry-on. If they're loose lithium ion over 100 watt hours, they have to be packaged appropriately and checked.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

everdave posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how bad of an idea would a 99 911 Cabriolet with a clean title but carfax shows salvage history, tiptronic trans, 50k miles and "the top doesn't fit good" if I could get it for 8 cash? They are asking more.

Run far away or run to the bank? You tell me.

Tiptronic is deeply unsatisfying. That alone would explain the $8k price.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

And then there's Cooter

And Enos

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's been weird for us - we make some of the medical supplies China needs, but can't get containers to ship them. And there's nobody to unload the containers once we get them there. On the US side, containers are quarantined for 2 weeks upon arrival, even though they've already been on the best kind of quarantine for over 2 weeks - the middle of the ocean.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My parents are stereotypical boomers. Nobody better touch their money, but everyone else's is fair game.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

This is like the fourth time she's seen one up close and texted me how great they look.

I like reading Rhyno posts with no context. It makes me giggle.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Muh muh muh my corona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

chat chat chat
shat shat shat