Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Be reasonable. 20200202

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

It might just be closed until the next update since it went off topic a week ago and didn't stop

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

ECC is recommended when using ZFS. You don't actually need to but if you care enough to bother with ZFS you might as well go all the way with data integrity.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Beach Bum posted:

I took the Fit to my buddy's shop to get it up on a lift for diagnosis of the loose steering. Figured it might be inner tie rod ends.

Fuckin' nope. It's the goddamn rack. Gots a big ol' dead spot in the middle. Turn the wheels left or right a bit and everything is nice and tight, but the middle gives me like 2-3mm of play at the tie rods. If it was loose all over I could tighten up the adjusting nut, but with the play being localized to the center I feel like that would give me tight steering in the middle and binding everywhere else.

Honda wants just under $1100 for a new rack and just under $300 for the electric power steering motor :shepspends:

I love the car and I'm almost willing to pay it but with the age I think I'm just going to source a used rack, hopefully from a car that hasn't been absolutely beat to poo poo like mine.

Bummer. My Fit is also having steering(ish) related issues in that I'm pretty sure the passenger side CV joint is hosed. I'm in the process of buying a house so I'm just ignoring it and hoping it lasts 2 months/300 miles until I have a garage again. I also prefer Honda parts but I'll probably just get a $60 one off rock auto or w/e. As much as I love my Fit it's due for being demoted to beater status.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

just like the straight up cost of relocation can be a pretty strong barrier for a lot of folks
My new employer paid somewhere around $25k to move me (a single dude with a house, 1 car, 1 motorcycle, and a couple cats) halfway across the US. I was already in a pretty OK financial state when I switched jobs but even so I would have struggled to move without that relocation package. If I had a family I would probably still be working my old job getting paid way too little and being completely miserable.

Galler fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 12, 2020

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

That's rad as gently caress.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Eat the rich.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Stop all the downloadin

Adbot