Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hey Kaker or Dave - I need some OEM keyblanks for a 1992 Miata which seem exceedingly hard to find in the states, any idea if these are something you can get through your importing connections? The one original I got with the car has a crack in it and isn't safe to keep using.

The later keys from the 93-97 era are shaped differently and all I seem able to find on ebay (so far).

Mazda and their stupid long rear end keys. I broke two in my old BG Protege. Fortunately it was in the door lock and I could fish it out both times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

everdave posted:

If my ex-wife doesn't find some new excuse or not pay some bill I will be home alone tonight, so I am going to attempt babby's first washing machine repair.

I have an ancient Maytag that is leaking from the bottom, I have assembled the parts and have the special wrench and all that good stuff. Anyone have a favorite youtube repair vid or tips for me?

Good luck getting a tub seal replacement to last. It’s so labor intensive, most laundromat owners won’t bother repairing if the tub seal goes out. They’ll buy a rebuilt or new machine to replace.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Sorry I'm late, do you have a part number? I've gotten pretty decent and finding parts but I need a part number to start if possible.

A friend gave me a set of these but they are a bit new imho

re: Trump

History is not going to be kind to white male conservatives and this whole ~era~ of just absolute garbage, one way or another.
As a straight white male that lives in a wealthy conservative area I'm constantly looked at like everyone's brother, son, or grandson. The insane off the deep end poo poo people confide in me because I look like them is loving wild. I don't need talking points or NPR or chem trails to make up my mind. Spend some time with true brain worm away-from-reality dead to rights pieces of poo poo white men on a golf course and you too will go 'holy gently caress burn all this down and start over, please.' Those dudes are terrified of Bernie Sanders.

You just described at least two of my uncles and like half of my cousins. Not conspiracy theorists, but just brain rot all the way to the root.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I’m in Dallas for the week for work (near the intersection of I-20 and I-45). Someone tell me where I should eat. I’m not gonna go out and see poo poo, so I should at least have good food on the company dime.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

STR posted:

Not a whole lot aside from fast food around there. If you don't mind driving a little northwest, Cesar's Tacos is drat good, though not in the best area. The "Bishop Arts" one has the kitchen behind bars + bulletproof glass (and there's a bullet hole in one of the outside windows), #1 is in an old Dairy Queen (outside seating only). That area isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, much of Oak Cliff has been gentrified significantly over the past decade. Both are 24/7 IIRC.

Fuel City also has good tacos, but cash only. You're probably closer to the Mesquite one (the original Dallas one is right by the county jail, not a great area, but they have a pool, fountains, etc at the original). The Dallas one is 24/7, I'm not sure if the Mesquite one serves food 24 hours.

You're kinda in a not-great part of town, if you didn't notice. :v: (hello Hutchins state jail right down the street!)

I work on landfills, so being in bad/desolate areas isn’t out of the ordinary :v:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

LloydDobler posted:

Agreed. They sure have done a great job of cultivating the personalities into likeable performers who are still obviously experts at what they do. And their ensemble work is great too, they mix and match pairs and groups of people and it just makes it really entertaining to watch. I go through a binge and burn out cycle every month or so where I catch up on things I haven't seen. And then I cry myself to sleep over my unrequited love for Claire.

Claire/Brad videos are the best. Brad is just a human golden retriever bouncing around and poor Claire is just exasperated with him most of the video.

Brad/Matty Matheson going noodling for catfish has to be the single funniest video on YouTube.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Alright, flying domestic with power tools.

Do I leave my batteries in the tool bag I’m checking or do I have to carry the batteries in my carry-on?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Goober Peas posted:

The rules are confusing. If they're lithium ion in a device they're fine. If they're loose lithium ion under 100 watt hours, they have to be carry-on. If they're loose lithium ion over 100 watt hours, they have to be packaged appropriately and checked.

The larger of the two is a 20v 4AH battery, so 80 watt hours. I guess I’ll carry on the batteries.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

everdave posted:

Man my mom is 67 and she drives me insane I have to start being nicer, she comes and stays with me a few days a week because we are in the midst of basketball season for the kids and she gets on my last nerve but her greatest fear is breaking her hip...so scary. I need her.

I have owned my own business for the past 8-10 years because I out educated myself for my profession I went to school for (don't be one semester away from your PhD and try to get a teaching job here). I have a ton of freedom but also everything is on me...luckily things just kind of work for me but I have gotten screwed on taxes and lots of things. Think long and hard before leaving the safety of a "real" job. My close friend who I have got into importing a few cars too left working for himself for a stable income for his family. Very hard to go from freedom to a rigid structure but he doesn't have to stay up at night worrying about work.

My grandmother fell and broke her hip at a party at my parents’ house in 2007. She slipped stepping down from one level of the back deck to the lower one. She was 90 and wearing high heels. She was back to walking in about 4 weeks, though she needed a cane after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

The Prong Song posted:

New episode of Binky is out. No turbo? Those bastards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8DYQIuW9Y

Loved the Skid Factory cameos.