Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

opengl128 posted:

I saw a first gen Intrepid the other day on the road and stared as I passed it like it was an exotic. Something definitely wrong with my brain but it has been probably a decade since I last saw one and it was looking really cool? Is this what boomer brain rot feels like?

drat, I just shot back to highschool. This kid in my graduating class had an Intrepid with whatever motor had the explode-y timing chains that liked to shoot through the valve cover. He had all sorts of K&N and racing stickers on it and took out all of the seats except for the driver's seat to make it faster and everyone made fun of him. The car eventually died from explode-y timing chain related activities and also so did the owner from a motorcycle accident

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Out photographing yesterday. One side of the track was Alfas and Subarus. The other was a BMW only day.

They let a new Supra into it.

I think we have 5 Supras at our dealership now, and they've all been sitting there for months. I think we've sold exactly 1 since they released.

The Door Frame posted:

poo poo, congratulations!
I might just steal that idea and "elope" with a tiny party

This is what we're planning on doing. When we got engaged my mom called with the intent to discuss the wedding and I pretty much just said "There won't be one." and she was like "Nyeh I knew you were gonna say that :words:"

E: Dang our Finance Director just picked up the 3rd and last S209 STI allocated to Wisconsin, that thing is pretty fancy.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Congrats!

Eloping is really the way to go, IMO. The Mrs. and I did that almost 8 years ago (anniv. is this month), and are so happy we did. Didn't even do anything fancy, went to her Uncle's church, and asked some friends to come meet us, said I do, and then went out for a nice dinner with them. During a snow storm. It was crazy/awesome. Would do it again if I had to, but damnit, I better not have to.

The following June we had a reception where family/friends came to town. Still pretty small, but it was what we wanted, a party where everyone could come have a good time, enjoy some food and hang out celebrating.

That's my story that no one asked for.

My friend and his wife did the same thing. I think they were planning on doing a wedding and her mom got all bridezilla on her behalf and started dictating how and what was going to happen wedding-wise and she said "Well gently caress this, you're ruining our special thing, we're going to the courthouse and getting married instead." Then we all got drunk at a bar afterwards. They couldn't be happier!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I think everyone in here has probably experienced 'the Audi wanker' at some point. Study says more German cars than any others and that's definitely been a thing for a while in the UK. Used to be BMW as they were the go-to for repmobiles driving up and down the UK on sales calls and such and now that's moved more into Audi (due to lots of finance deals on them) with a nod to VW who definitely have their fair share of bellends. Mercedes in my personal experience seems to have less twats for some reason.

*edit: that said, more than anything UBER drivers are consistently just loving terrible at doing the only thing they actually need to do, driving. They're not aggressive or anything, just REALLY BAD at holding lanes, driving near the speed limit or knowing where they're going despite sat nav assistance.

Earlier this past summer we all somehow ended up at one friend's house at the end of the night with all of our cars at another friend's house a couple of miles down the road. So we got an Uber, and the drive is literally like MAYBE two miles, you turn out of the neighborhood, left onto a main road for most of the two miles, then right onto the other friend's road. Five minutes MAX.

Uber guy just ignored his phone yelling at him to go the smart short actual way and went the opposite way and kept making all of these dumbass turns that took us further away from our destination while we were all hungover as gently caress just wanting to get home while this guy turned it into a 15 minute drive.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Dell EMC stopped buy to convince us to buy a SAN by bribing us with bagels and coffee.
...but they didn't bring cream cheese, or butter, or jam, or anything.

Who the gently caress wants to eat a bare rear end bagel? Disgusting.
I'll totally take them home and make bacon egg and cheeses though.

We get Panera bagels every Friday morning and they used to send this assortment of cream cheeses along with a couple of years ago, and now they just send plain and chive and onion :mad: On particularly fat Friday mornings I would make a toasted chocolate chip bagel with New York cheesecake cream cheese, mmm.

We're currently in the middle of week 1 of our DMS conversion at work. This is not the first time we've changed the dealership's main software system, and it blows my mind how immediately hosed up everything gets on day one, confusing the poo poo out of all of the people the new software company sends. Every time, it's like the install/training people are on their first day. The last time we requested they pull the team lead out of our store and replace her within the first week, and on day three this time guess what's happening again? :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Went to the Jeep/Dodge dealership to test drive a Wrangler. My son went with me and wore his Kansas City Chiefs hat cuz he's a big fan and is all proud of them winning the Superbowl. As we're waiting for the guy to bring a Wrangler around for me to drive, another sales man says jokingly to my son that he should take off his hat because there's a member of the 49ers there test driving cars, and just as he says that the 49er pulls up in a Cherokee and looks at my son like what the gently caress :v:

I'm gonna pretend it was Bosa, gently caress that guy. Mahomes da best!

On Saturday we found this football bowling place, someone just opened up a warehouse and it's basically like bags (AKA Cornhole :v:) in which there are two boards several yards apart with two people standing behind each one, but the boards are flat and have pins set up on them and each team has to huck a football and try to knock all of the other's pins over. Sounds kinda dumb, but surprisingly hard and we blew about 3 hours throwing footballs at bowling pins :shrug:

Then on Sunday I drank beer all day and played Witcher 3 from like 10:00AM until 9:00PM. Owns.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

And he's not a giant rear end in a top hat!

That we know of, yet.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I got my job because I made a good impression on the office manager at the other store I used to detail cars at when I was in school, and she has a good working relationship with my current boss.

But I'm tired of it and have to rely on myself to find a new job now. :shrug:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Other part was he wouldn't let me drive it. Said something on the exhaust broke and it was hanging too low (looked fine to me) and he wanted to get it fixed before I drove it.....Um why didn't you tell me that before I drove half an hour to come see it? He tried to explain too much to the point I had a feeling something else was up with it that he didn't want me to know. But that's beside the point really, you can't ask a high price for an Illinois car in Florida, maybe you could get it up there but not here.

One time I looked at a '72 240Z and it was some rich guy out in the sticks in a big house with a garage full of three '60 Judge GTO's. He wouldn't let me test drive the car because of "I don't want anyone not on my insurance driving any of my vehicles" and I was like so uh have you never sold a car before? So he offered to drive me around the block in it lol.

I still bought it

Darchangel posted:

I must be, the Bahamas are islands.

Now I'm gonna have Dead Milkmen stuck in my head the rest of the day.

I've gotta

big lizard in my back yard

Can't afford to feed 'im anymore

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Man, I love Brad from Bon Appetit :allears:

Was a tad hungover yesterday morning and I've been loving everything on their YouTube channerl, so I threw that on and the second or third video in the playlist was him making a fried bologna sammich with a chopped dill pickle/mustard/mayo sauce on toasted rye with some iceberg. That sounded like a perfect hangover snack, so I went down the street and got some bologna from the deli and fried that poo poo up.

It was so good I made another for dinner.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

LloydDobler posted:

Agreed. They sure have done a great job of cultivating the personalities into likeable performers who are still obviously experts at what they do. And their ensemble work is great too, they mix and match pairs and groups of people and it just makes it really entertaining to watch. I go through a binge and burn out cycle every month or so where I catch up on things I haven't seen. And then I cry myself to sleep over my unrequited love for Claire.

God, Claire is the best I just wanna hang out with her for a day :kimchi:

I love the It's Alive! videos for all of the dumb corny sound effects they put in when Brad smacks poo poo or the stupid clip art that pops up in whatever direction Brad stares off into when he loses his train of thought for a few seconds, that poo poo gets me every time.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

If you haven't yet, you should wander over into DIY and check out JT's Remodeling Thread or something close to that. First part of the thread is all about the lovely contractor he has that screws him around for like upwards of a year or something.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

It's an '89 which is more desirable (to me) because of the updated wheels (the year I graduated high school too lol). Also the guy has had tons of work done to it with receipts, and most importantly it's a rust free Florida car. So far the guy has has been super knowledgeable and helpful so we'll see how it goes :)

You just triggered a memory for me with all of this IROC posting, my friend in early middle school had a baby sitter until he was probably a little bit too old and we used to tease him for it, until we realized she was literally and figuratively the girl next door. His baby sitter was this smoking hot blonde high-school senior with a turquoise IROC and it was nearly too much for our just barely pubescent middle school brains to handle.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Somebody at work made a joke about my real name and the real life person that shared it and died Ryan White, of AIDS 30 years ago. I didn't get mad but I explained why it was irritating and also that his joke was lame and I heard it 20 years ago and one of the bystanders called bullshit on my entire story but OH HO HO I had the scan of the newspaper article from 1990 still in my imgur links so I pulled that up and showed them and hoo-boy do I ever look like a fuckin weirdo at work now since I just so happen to have a newspaper clip proving my childhood trauma is real on hand and ready to show people.

I'm annoyed just at the fact that someone is making an AIDS joke period to a co-worker in the year 2020.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Fuckin' GM is doing another one of his stupid salesmen hiring fair/training class things next week. He loves making this huge production of basically shotgunning 20 people off the street onto the sales floor and seeing how many stick. Last time he did it was in June last year and there's 1 person out of 13 or 14 they hired that's still here selling cars. Everybody has to bend over backwards to accommodate all of these new hires, he makes us spend money on refreshments and lunch every day for every person, and put together kits of pens and paper and folders and coffee thermoses and other Toyota swag. gently caress you if you're not a salesmen, you can start your job and get to work.

I spent a half hour last week showing one of the sales managers how to put together new-hire on-boarding paperwork because we're in the middle of a disastrous software conversion when he conveniently decided he wanted 20 more sales people, and I straight up told him I'm not on-boarding 15-20 people. He green-lighted having his sales manager do it, and now at 3:30 on a Friday she's suddenly going to be out of town next week so I have to show his dumb incompetent rear end how to do it. And then I'll just have to re-do all of it anyway cuz he'll gently caress it up.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My friend just looked at a single story ranch house, while admittedly had a remodeled interior, had a monolithic concrete fire station directly behind it looming over the backyard, a lovely Joe's Auto Shop next door with garbage and rotting cars strewn about, a dinky 1-car attached garage, and no basement which is highly unusual for the area. They were asking $200K (I'm sure that'll blow some minds, but that's overpriced for the area and what it is) and my other friend had to talk him out of it. A third friend lives on the same street a few blocks down, and said he's going to watch that house like a hawk and if it goes for their asking, he's putting his poo poo up for $300K immediately :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I accepted a job offer, and last night I was anxious about giving my notice to our controller, because I like her and me quitting kinda puts her in a difficult position.

She looked at me and said "Funny you say that, I was planning on putting my notice in tomorrow. Want submit our resignations together on Monday?"

:getin: